Books

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Books

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:32 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:28 am
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:37 pm

The movie is pretty much flawless so I don't see the need to read the book. It's part of John McTiernan's trilogy of perfection along with Predator and Die Hard.
It makes you remember how good of an actor Alec Baldwin was, before he became insufferable.
Same genetic stock as Stephen Baldwin of Bio-Dome fame. Alec just had us fooled longer.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:21 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:28 am
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:37 pm

The movie is pretty much flawless so I don't see the need to read the book. It's part of John McTiernan's trilogy of perfection along with Predator and Die Hard.
It makes you remember how good of an actor Alec Baldwin was, before he became insufferable.
He was mostly an unknown before that movie and thus had little ego to ruin things. IIRC they wanted Harrison Ford from the start but couldn't afford his salary.

When Patriot Games came around Baldwin's cuntery had blossomed and he demanded a huge salary increase to reprise the role. So much that the studio could get Harrison Ford for the same amount, so they did.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Sat May 09, 2020 10:49 pm

So I want read some real literature but I don't know where I could find a download or torrent to get as much texts as possible
in one go (I don't have much money but I still want to learn new (for me) things)

Re:

Post by Guest » Sat May 09, 2020 11:08 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 10:49 pm
So I want read some real literature but I don't know where I could find a download or torrent to get as much texts as possible
in one go (I don't have much money but I still want to learn new (for me) things)
Have you tried google?

veris leta facies

Re:

Post by veris leta facies » Sat May 09, 2020 11:10 pm

Guest wrote:
Oh Jesus what a wimp. Let's try to make you a man. Read these:

The Way of Men by Jack Donovan (to learn how to be a man)
Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard (to learn the way of human nature)
Animal Farm by George Orwell (to learn the constitutional nature of communism)
Free to Choose by Milton Friedman (to learn how capitalism is the only reasonable economic system)
Three Second Fighter by Geoff Thompson (to learn the essentials of fighting another man)
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Sat May 09, 2020 11:14 pm

I'm more of a fan of Three Second Masturbator.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sat May 09, 2020 11:28 pm

Guest wrote:
It all depends on what you mean by "real" literature. All pre-20th century literature is in the public domain, so you can find enough classic literature to last a lifetime on websites like www.gutenberg.org. However, if you only speak English but want to read foreign-language stuff like Dostoevsky, I would recommend doing some research on which English translations are the most well-regarded before you read the older ones that are widely available for free.

By the way, once your local library reopens, you could get a library card and then rent e-books from it. You have tons of options.

Post by Guest » Sat May 09, 2020 11:52 pm

University of Adelaide used to be the GOAT place to get pubic domain English ebooks until they shut down their eBook section and seemingly nobody archived it and dumped it onto the internet archive or whatever.
Standard Ebooks is decent for public domain books too, they're usually cleaned up Gutenberg texts. Not the biggest selection but they had a few books that UOA didn't.
Libgen is your friend in all other circumstances.
Private trackers like MAM or bibliotik will have things public resources don't but if you don't wanna deal with private tracker autism you can find enough to read elsewhere. (Someone plz gib bibliotik invite.)

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:22 am

Saw this on AudioBookBay. Can't believe they finally doxed Kugelfish.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:26 am

Flippin' heck! I thought I picked the perfect user name for this place. No point in banning you now since I'm sure somebody has screen capped this by now.
Anyway, buy my book!

Edit: I guess the Bible quote in my signature was a tell as well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!