Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Retro Games

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:45 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:54 pm
I don't know why normies are so obsessed with Plebsona.
Because it's bland animu highschool bullshit. It's got "light novel" written all over it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:39 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:00 am
I know of the recorded audio for cut stuff (like a human vampire cult or the original ending where Raziel activates the Silenced Cathedral), but I don't think they actually got far enough to make actual assets and/or cutscenes.

The trailer in question. There hasn't been an update so I'm pretty sure they died about the same time as Keith.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:30 pm

These restoration projects take effort man.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:58 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:06 pm
Peak quality.
SpoilerShow
ban wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:11 pm
To the point where we don't even get our Shin Megami Haremsei Musou and instead get a Persona 5 musou :
>not being able to play as the Demi-Fiend in a SMT Musou game

:|
>PAIN.mp3
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:45 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:54 pm
I don't know why normies are so obsessed with Plebsona.
Because it's bland animu highschool bullshit. It's got "light novel" written all over it.
Half correct, it's because that's what the franchise ended up being instead of the first 3 games, where they were
>Shen Megoomi Tensay but as Battle Royale and inside the school grounds
>Detective Story about a murder that's gonna take place and ends up being an existential piece ending with you killing a Hittler that was ressurected by Nyarlathotep, wielding the Spear of Longinus, AFTER he eradicated humanity
>Reset timeline of the previous game, trying to prevent the inevitable, fighting a COOLER Hitler on the moon, ending with a pretty existential message about the nature of humans, faith and gods and how those reflect everything

Also, Persona 2 : Batsu / Eternal Punishment offers us this :

Which latter becomes the tagline of Persona but for all the wrong reasons. Originally Persona was meant to be a tale about highschoolers coming to terms with several existential problems, like Kaneko and Okada did when they were teens along with "experimental" gameplay, instead of the Dragon Quest esque slowshit Atlus had been doing up until that point that was actively painful to play. Thank Kaneko for championing his Persona 2 ideas and making Nocturne into the game it is today with its gameplay and visual system because as you saw, once he was removed, SMT4 went back to bullshit First Person Dungeon view. :roll:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:02 pm

I don't mind Soul Hackers or Strange Journey's gameplay at all, but SMT IV is an unpolished, unbalanced mess in gameplay terms and the Persona games suck dick. I understand going back to first-person view on the original DS though, since the alternative is tiny pixel models for ants. Devil Survivor did that anyway and they had to go to first-person for the fights, since details don't show up on the small models.

The game doesn't look BAD, exactly, but without the larger models in combat, you wouldn't be able to tell what anything really is. Can you tell that's Murmur over there? It kind of looks like a blob to me.

Then you have the DS games that tried to go full 3d, like dragon quest monsters joker, zelda spirit tracks and shit, and those games are pixelated to fuck and blurry. It looks like a 144p youtube video where someone smeared vaseline over the screen.

The first-person view in Strange Journey works because you're exploring a new world anyway, and everything you see and hear has a sort of Star Trek/first contact vibe to it.

The models in combat are large and everything is immediately identifiable as itself and labeled. The game is about numbers anyway. A limitation of the system capabilities, but that's old-school dungeon crawlers for you. SJ makes it easy to see your numbers and know what you are looking at and that's all you need. Bottom line, I think the first-person DS SMT games were an attempt to make a game that fit within the SMT canon and provided high-quality dungeon crawling within the limitations of a very wimpy portable system.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:39 pm

ban wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:58 pm
Originally Persona was meant to be a tale about highschoolers coming to terms with several existential problems
Sounds like ultra gay shit for sadcunts.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:18 pm

Persona 3 existence is justified by cute girls. But the girls stopped being cute with P4.

ban

Post by ban » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:29 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:39 pm
ban wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:58 pm
Originally Persona was meant to be a tale about highschoolers coming to terms with several existential problems
Sounds like ultra gay shit for sadcunts.
That's exactly it. SMT games are edgy and you never feel sad because there are a thousand other feelings rushing through your head after seeing something like...
>Demon Loki coming out of an Amiga with a erect cock and raping your milfy teacher in front of your eyes so she can summon him fully to our world and conquer it
same with Nocturne, existentialism is the last thing you're gonna ponder given the shit that goes on and the breakneck speed it happens.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:26 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:18 pm
Persona 3 existence is justified by cute girls. But the girls stopped being cute with P4.
P3 waifus < Chie <<<< Teddy in Alice crossplay
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:29 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:26 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:18 pm
P3 waifus < Chie <<<< Teddy in Alice crossplay
>Chie above anything
Tommen are reddit and trannybait.