Pat the NES Cunt

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Pat the NES Cunt

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:18 am

mad bum wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:22 pm
I can imagine a barcade being a nightmare. All the popular machines get filled up and assholes never leave them, the owner sweating because no one is buying drinks, and everything being broken because they are like shady Jay and buy things on the cheap.
It's almost like a capitalist version of CHAZ.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Salmonella

Post by Salmonella » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:57 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:26 pm
And since the will likely not leave on their own for a long while, that flat rate entry fee won't really get you a lot of cash.
At the comic stores they'd let people play magic/pokemon/yugioh/ whatever for free because they thought it would bring in business. Instead a bunch of smelly nerds just took up space and made everyone else feel unwelcome. It went through two owners with this happening, then another guy bought it and made the card game players move to a back room. I was talking to him and he said a lot of people had the experience of the card players being rude to them and making them feel unwelcome there. I guarantee this same thing is going to happen at the barcade. There's going to be sweaty nerds who come and hog up all of the good cabinets all day and keep away the families and people who would actually spend money on food and drinks. He also said he's going to keep food and drink cheap though, so this doesn't seem like the most well thought out adventure. He also said there's already a couple other barcades in the area and he plans on undercutting their prices. The rich people who don't care about spending money are going to go to those places just so they can avoid the poorfags at Jays.

I'm also 90% that back in the day he mentioned he was opening a bar on a game chasers episode. I'm talking like 6-7 years ago. So it's very possible he's already tried this once and failed. I'm going to laugh when it turns out it was nothing but a grift. These are the same guys who were involved heavily with the Cheetah Men grift so its possible.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:36 pm

Salmonella wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:35 pm

Pat's strangest was getting a game at a flea market. Ian's was getting one at a super market. How is that even weird?
Pathetic, I got some Xbox DOA games and Ninja Gaiden in a parking lot at night through the Australian version of Craigslist. Fucker couldn't just meet me at a mall in the middle of the day on a Saturday, I had to bring my dad with me in case weird shit went down. Guy offered to sell me DOA Beach Volley Ball while I was there, even if I wanted that shit I wouldn't buy that in person.

Now I know how 90s anime fans felt buying tapes in back alleys.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:51 pm

I think the way to run a barcade is exactly the opposite of how he'd do it. Don't undercut the competition but rather be premium. Obviously, I'd focus on pinball. Talk with the local leagues. Especially in California there are multiple leagues. Contact PAPA and IFPA and try to make your place a regular location. Organize your own events and invest in some webcams and streaming equipment and stream the events on Twitch.
Do the same with stuff like Pac Man and Donkey Kong and such. Don't be some regular fuckboy barcade, instead be THE place for quality machines and competitive play.
Rent your place out for children's birthday parties you host.
Don't set everything to free play on regular days but instead have part of the money go to a pot as prize money for your own events.

Most importantly, don't offer booze. Maybe not even beer. Offer only simple food like some well-made sandwiches. No drinks outside the dining area.
None of that shit is easy to set up and it won't be a gold mine. This is the kind of stuff that is either a passion project that you can make a modest living of or something that fails terribly.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Salmonella

Post by Salmonella » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:20 pm

I'd like to know what kind of kickbacks these "investors" are supposed to be getting. These places are notorious for having low profit margins as it is. Now they're saying they're going to have the food and the games cheap. At the very least he's going to have to hire a cook, bartender, and arcade maintenance guy. He's gotta pay rent, insurance, electricity, etc. PLUS he's gotta give kickbacks to his "investors"?

I would hope that it's actually just a loan between friends and they don't expect to actually make money off this "investment" because it seems like an awful way to try to make money.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:29 pm

Maybe he'll use the arcades to lure young boys to sexually satisfy the (((investors))).

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:59 pm

Would young boys go to a barcade? Sounds more like boomer bugman type of place.

Salmonella

Post by Salmonella » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:59 pm
He specifically said they're not going to have modern consoles so kids are going to be bored as shit.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:03 pm

Maybe that's the grift: he promised that "videogames" will attract fresh, virgin boipussy to (((investors))), but he will only be able to give them smelly, fat, soy-filled millenial assholes instead.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:00 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:59 pm
I don't think the kids of Current Year can into arcade machines. That'd be like giving them a hoop and a stick.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette