Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Tony Schiavone

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:20 am
The Incredible Hulk was the best MCU movie. Everything after Cap 1 was cookie cutter mediocrity.
They had originally wanted a sequel with the Grey Hulk.
Watching Joe Fixit in coat and tie walking around doing a bad imitation of an Italian mobster accent might almost be worth it.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:43 pm

I've never gotten into Woody Allen. A ton of cinephiles relentlessly jerk off to him, but I've only seen Annie Hall; it was pretty good, but there are plenty of new Hollywood films that I would say are better. Anyway, as for Woody Allen as a person, I think his relationship with Soon-Yi is creepy as fuck and should've caused a lot more damage to his reputation than it did, but the accusations from Mia and her kids I don't buy. Woody is undoubtedly a disgusting pervert, but Mia is nuts and could've easily brainwashed her kids into hating Woody.

Also, all of those actors who work with Woody and then denounce him as soon as production is over can go fuck themselves. The accusations against Woody have been common knowledge for decades, so it's laughable that they pretend that they didn't know any better when they agreed to work with him. Hell, a quick google search of "Woody Allen" brings up all of the controversies that surround him.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:04 pm

Cinephiles are idiots. All movies are crap.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:09 am

I like Allen, but with the exception of maybe three movies i can segregate his good movies with relative ease.
Welles once said Allen used his movies as therapy, which is accurate (although hypocritical because Welles can be credibly accused of doing the same thing) so you need to look for pre Soon-Yi movies where he isnt projecting his degeneracies. Its why ive never liked Manhattan even though it was hailed as a classic for so long (by many proto SJWs, ironically).
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:25 am

New York sucks.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:29 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:09 am
I like Allen, but with the exception of maybe three movies i can segregate his good movies with relative ease.
Welles once said Allen used his movies as therapy, which is accurate (although hypocritical because Welles can be credibly accused of doing the same thing)
He may not have meant that this was a bad thing :mrgreen:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:34 pm

He did mean it as a bad thing - was just oblivious he did it, too.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:37 am

Ah hahah lulz! The Flash movie that's bringing back Keaton as Batman is being written by the chick that wrote Harley Quinn.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:24 am

Wasn't Sparkly Vampire Boy supposed to become the new Batman? Does WB have tossed aside any form of consistency with their capeshit brand?
At least MovieBlob might get an orgasm from this announcement, if he has a similar autism regarding the Tim Burton Batman as he has for the Sam Raimi Spoyderman.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:55 am

Vampire boy is playing young Batman. From what I've read either Batfleck is returning or Keaton Batman will take over as the mentor to the younger heroes. I'm curious if the tranny woman beater is coming back as Flash.