Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:12 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:28 am
Gay.

Made in Canada, filled with Cucknadians and that racist Edward James Olmos, and it's really fucking gay with that stupid zoom-in shaky cam shit.
Yeah, no. It was a good show. Up until the horseshit final episode where they threw all their technology into the sun.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:48 am

Gayer than Return of the King's seventh ending.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:54 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:51 am
Battlestar Galactica remake - good or not?
Stick to the original series.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:44 am
The USA need a new red menace movement.
McCarthy has totally been redeemed in my eyes, no exaggeration.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:05 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:28 am
Gay.

Made in Canada, filled with Cucknadians and that racist Edward James Olmos, and it's really fucking gay with that stupid zoom-in shaky cam shit.
Wasn't this reboot what started all race and gender swapping bullshit? Also, Edward James Olmos is a statutory rapist.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:48 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:05 pm
Wasn't this reboot what started all race and gender swapping bullshit?
Yes, I believe it was.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:45 pm

>Battlestar Galactica

The old version was a Star Wars-minus the Force ripoff but in a way that worked. It was goofy and fun about the struggles of humanity to get to Earth. Supposedly had Mormon themes in it. Anyways, it didn't last too long and had its own mythology. Not great by any means but not terrible and still unique and cool enough to be popular in reruns.

The new version was done by SyFy, which meant it was crap. Took a family friendly kiddie show into muh-serious land. Started off with 9/11 themes, as every show at that time did. The Cylons looked exactly like people except superhuman and impossible to detect, which meant that anyone could end up being one at any time. Hallmark of lazy writing. Took it itself way too seriously and went off on weird tangents. Introduced actual magic where eventually anything could and did happen. All people on Earth end up supposedly descended from one of the Cylon hybrids and the original villian or something.

I laugh at people that are let down by the ending. It's the same thing with all of these schlock shows, like Lost or Game of Thrones. Nobody has any idea what they're writing and just keep their inflated sense of self-importance long enough until the end. Eventually you run out of smoke and fun house mirrors and then you're taken out of the exit door onto the street--when you slowly realize you've been had.
Their fans may never admit their betrayal and keep their delusional love for the show--but you notice you'll never hear about these series brought up ever again.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:42 pm

Yeah I mean I heard about GoT's eighth season talked about here and there, but not much the rest. And especially Lost. Shows like that, Grey's Anatomy (which I think is about to end), Heroes and other stuff that came out at the time is kinda forgettable. Maybe for me because I didn't watch much live action stuff aside from movies and some shows, but I never hear people bring it up.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:18 pm

These are all shows that went for season- and even series-spanning mystery arcs, but the fame caused them to pad everything out that by the time they had to wrap everything up for the finale, they didn't know how.
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:45 pm
The Cylons looked exactly like people except superhuman and impossible to detect, which meant that anyone could end up being one at any time. Hallmark of lazy writing.
Also cheaper than producing a bunch of robot costumes or CGI footage, I assume.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:22 pm

They must have used the shitty CGI budget elsewhere then, Sci-fi can't not make eye cancer. Its like they do it on purpose.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:54 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:42 pm
Heroes and other stuff that came out at the time is kinda forgettable. Maybe for me because I didn't watch much live action stuff aside from movies and some shows, but I never hear people bring it up.
Because the loudest voices hyping it up online were the paid shills. The rest were blind sheep looking to be part of something big. And improve their own lives through osmosis or something.

The shills moved on to the next hyped thing, but havent returned to talk about it because the money and hype wasnt as big as you might be lead to believe.
A lot more people fell off the wagon a lot longer ago.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.