Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:55 am

Hey tictac, wanna have a laugh?

Just skim through that. I don't think I've ever seen so much hammer footage with so little hits to the head. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Giginox in a top hated monsters list of a hammer main! :lol: :lol: :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:30 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:55 am
Hey tictac, wanna have a laugh?

Just skim through that. I don't think I've ever seen so much hammer footage with so little hits to the head. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Giginox in a top hated monsters list of a hammer main! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Number 10: Tigrex

Ayyy lmao nigga are you serious? Chug an energy drink if you're a chargefag (the kind of player who doesn't know how to swing a hammer without charging it first) or just use fast attacks. Hammers deal too much damage and his head is huge.

>muh hitboxes

They were much worse in 2nd gen.

>it's too fast

It was faster in 2nd Gen because it never got tired, EVER. Fatigue wasn't a mechanic. It would go in and out of rage, but never got tired. They also exaggerated some of its tells in Gen and 4U compared to 2nd Gen, so you have more time to react to its series of charges.

Number 9: Royal Ludroth

WUT?!? What the fuck? Royal Ludroth is probably my favorite gen 3 monster. Out of all of them. Yeah, he's a LITTLE faster in the water and he attacks more frequently, but come on. He's a great example of a supremely fair monster, honestly. I'll give this guy a tiny bit of credit and say Ludroth is easier to fight with a greatsword or longsword than a hammer. But not that much. Just stand under his ass or next to his head and hammer him.

>he's easy in MH Gen so I like him

No shit, faggot. That's because an entire phase of the boss fight is gone.

>the ludroth is surprisingly fast on land

No it's not. You're a fucking Hammer main. Everything seems fast to you because it takes a century to wind up your main swing. If you stand under his ass with a longsword, Ludroth can't do shit. He's too fucking slow unless he's in rage. Also I should do a response video to this guy called "top 10 most annoying audio peaks," because his quality is trash.

Number 8: Bulldrome

I was going to agree with him, but this monster is pathetically easy for hammer mains. He's mostly annoying when I'm using switchaxe or longsword. Those weapons can't block and have no stun ability + you can't cut anything off him iirc. He's a spammy, lazy 2nd Gen design, but hammer chumps him super fast with back-to-back stuns.

Number 7: Congalala

>wahhh POORLY DESIGNED *invokes DSP*

>it looks dumb, wahhh

You can get armor that nulls stench. I wasn't even trying to go for that and I found a set that nulls it and it makes all stench monsters pathetically easy. Stench is the only thing Congalala can really hold over your head. Hammer stuns him fantastically well yet again and his head is massive. Deodorant isn't hard to craft, they give you some on lowrank missions and I never use it anyway.

Number 6: Blangonga

I won't give him shit for this one. Blangonga is an asshole. Spends most of the fight stunning you, which is extra annoying for hammer since you can't block, can't move quickly and stuns make you lose your charge level.

Number 5: Plesioth

Bitch, don't even. If you didn't play 1st or 2nd gen then you didn't experience the true pain of plessy hipchecks combined with claw gripping the PSP.

Number 4: Zinogre

Well shit, I can hardly say I don't know why he's bitching, can I? Zinogre's thunderblight into instastun thing is annoying and it can be hard to keep pressure on when you can't block or move quickly. Eh, whatever. Thing is, he has a great design and is very original. It's hard to stay mad at zinogre tbh. I forged a set of his gear and probably won't do that again because of thunderblight, but I'm over it now.

Number 3: Gigginox/Khezu

Lel Khezu in a hated monster list for a hammer main. Giggi is whatever. Poison can be annoying. He has two heads but he's always spitting poison and being lame. Khezu is a fucking JOKE though with a good hammer. His head hardly moves relative to his body, is comparatively slow, leaves plenty of gaps in attack patterns to hit it, stuns easily, stunLOCKS easily and dies in record time to the right elemental hammer. You can literally stunlock a Khezu from the start of the hunt and take 50% of his health before he gets control back and can go into rage. Rage is also the only time you have to care about his patterns. Whenever he's spazzing out, you can hang back and charge up. Khezu was a joke with hammer in 2nd gen and he still is. The only move you'll ever see fighting him with hammer (out of rage) is the AoE lightning attack.

Number 2: Malfestio (????WTF???)

What the fuck? Why does he hate probably the best new monster introduced in Gen? Malfestio is a super creative and fun fight. And it's mad easy with the hammer, since Malfestio usually turns its head to face you before turning its body. Do I have to spell it out? Even the sleep and confuse aren't that big a deal, since your palicoes will run to you to knock away your status effects (if they're up.)

>wahhh it reverse my controls

If there was ever a weapon this doesn't matter for, it is hammer. You spend so much of your fucking time in Hammer locked into animations anyway. Does it really matter if you even have confusion? Just hold either up or down, walk up to the monster and then enter your swing animations. I remember fighting this guy with Hammer and doing exactly that, and not being sure if I was still confused or not (because I spent so much time in canned animations anyway.) LEL

Also why the fuck does he have only the minimum stamina? This guy sucks! It's honestly not hard to avoid the confusion bubble. The only time he's likely to land confusion is during rage.

BUT HE'S NOT DONE BITCHING

>wahh the sleep beam hits me and makes me go nappy

Unless your palicoes are up, in which case they run to you and wake you up right away. You don't fall asleep instantly either, so you can walk right under the boss' fat ass and sleep there if you want. If you get hit while asleep, you wake up immediately.

>wahhh hyper versions are hard

Nobody cares.

Numbah 1: Rathalos

Lol bitch, you're using a hammer to fight a monster that primarily flies around. If you want to try to ski uphill, I won't stop you.

>"it has a new move in high and g-rank! It has homing claws"

It has that in low rank too. It uses it all the fucking time in low rank. It's annoying, but you can dodge it if you back up and angle your camera so you can see him.

>"I don't like Rathalos because I was farming for his armor because I'm a meta faggot who tier whores armor sets, and the desire sensor detected my need for plates and didn't give me any, boo hoo"

Nobody cares.

>wahhh, it has too many variants and a deviant form. It's almost like it's the poster child for the franchise and has been in every game! This sucks dood! Just kill me ackackack

>sometimes this game has the temerity to demand I hunt Rathalos and Rathian at the same time

Perhaps because they are mated? Nah. Anyway, Rathian is way easier because she flies a lot less. Hunting the two together is basically the same as hunting one Rathalos. Rathian will die fast.

>"I was going to add rathian to the number 1 spot along with Rathalos"

She barely even flies! You can hammer her silly in no time.

And he ends with a super autismo skit. Th-th-that's all folks.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:30 am

Bitch, don't even. If you didn't play 1st or 2nd gen then you didn't experience the true pain of plessy hipchecks combined with claw gripping the PSP.
I remember one time the fucker hip-checked me after I've already rolled under his neck. Good times :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:20 pm

Knew you'd enjoy that.
At Tigrex I though okay. As in I can understand disliking Tigrex. I don't but I've heard people finding him annoying before.
At Ludroth I was confused. How is he ever a problem? Even underwater he's tame as he's basically babbies first actual monster in Tri. Of all the underwater monsters to complain about, why Ludroth.

At Bulldrome I started to get amused. Bulldrome is fucking hilarious! Ever played or seen somebody play the original MonHun? Bullfangos are the bane of every hunter's existence in that game. Imagine a dozen Konchu. Now imagine them throwing you four meters backwards. That's how Bullfangos were. Bulldrome was your nightmare made manifest because he always came with an endless pack of pigs.
But today? It lies on it's back when knocked out! When you mount it you ride around on it! It's a silly, funny pig that you need to hunt maybe twice. I find it to be an absolute riot.

And then I noticed that he seemed to be a hammer main and got intrigued. Sure, I've noticed that he used hammer but it started to look like he uses nothing but hammer. But he doesn't at all go for knockouts. That couldn't be right. Played since Tri with nothing but hammer and was worse than I ever was with it?
By then I just wanted to see how shit the list would end up as and just how terrible he was. Very telling that next to all monsters he complained about had their heads nice and low to the ground.

If I had to make a list I guess it would be this:
SpoilerShow
Blagonga
Can plain go fuck itself. Ugly, jumps around a lot, can for some stupid reason "fly" away. Useless and annoying.

Rajang
Old and obviously so. Also ugly, also uninteresting. Just plain stupid-looking. Weapons look nice, though

Lavasioth
Plesioth but more annoying. Just imagine Plesioth in this slot as well. I don't severely hate them but I'm not a fan.

Yian Kut-Ku
Yian Garuga's lame little brother. All sets and weapons look like crap. I don't hate it, just don't much care for it.

Basarios
Gravios' lame little brother. I hope you like bouncing. Just like Gravios not a particularly enjoyable fight.

Cephadrome
Total shit. Nobody ever said "Hey, let's go hunt a Cephadrome!" at any point. Hides too much.

Kirin
I hate everything about it. It's a stupid, fucking horse. All gear looks gay and it's just an upscaled Kelbi with lighting.

Kushala Daora (especially in World)
Do you like monsters that just run the time out on you? Then this is your guy. Just frustrating.

Zorah Magdaros
The floor is enemies! Walk around an ugly lava stone map and hit some rocks. Then load some cannon balls in phase two. I dislike fights where your weapon doesn't really matter and there's nothing to learn. Might as well be a cutscene.

Shogun Cenataur
I was scrambling for a number ten and just fought the twat too many times in a row. Got his cool gunner armour set now, though. His stupid circling makes handling the camera about as challenging as the rest of the fight. Daimyo Hermitaur is a better fight in every way and a lot more varied.

That's just of the monsters I have fought personally. From 3U to World. I'm pretty sure I'd dislike Yama Tsukami, though.
I don't usually really hate a monster. Closest to that is Blagonga, I guess. Ugly, annoying and nothing I'd want to craft. Rajang is at least more entertaining to fight and has cool stuff to make out of. But he looks Playstation 1 as fuck and is uninspired.

Otherwise a cool design and not being boring goes a long way. Zinogre shouldn't be on anyone's shit list, no matter how much difficulties one has with it. It looks cool as hell and is a varied fight. Likewise it's gear looks great. That makes it all worth it already.
He's no problem as a lancer but at that point in 3U when I fought him the most I played LS. He's a pure skill monster.

Best monster is Lagiacrus, of course.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:20 pm

Who doesn't like a giant crocodile-thing with shmup boss attacks?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:56 pm

Hunted three more Shogun Cenataurs. I wanted the fitting HBG for the armour set. It's got Ammo Save and Mind's Eye 3. The HBG now sits at a smooth 210 damage and 30% affinity.
Now I've got a competitive H-Rank HBG set for those monsters I'd rather go gunner against. That was a lot of work for that but the style was worth it.

The left one but in blue.
And this HBG upgraded to level 2.

I've been gunning a lot in Gen but never with a HBG that doesn't have any normal shot types as crouching fire. But poison and sleeps sounds effective enough. I'll take some bombs as well. Brave style seems pretty rad. Tried it and the sprinting with the slide into crouching fire is pretty wild. I'll see how it goes for status.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:54 pm

My most annoying monsters list would include a lot of the big ones where the fight takes forever. I don't remember all of their names. Dudes like Jhen Mohran and Lao Shanlung. And Blangonga of course, because he's a bitch.

I forgot to mention that Rathian does this thing sometimes where she turns in quarters and presents her head just perfectly for the hammer.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ban

Post by ban » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:26 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:30 am

I remember one time the fucker hip-checked me after I've already rolled under his neck. Good times :lol:
>All you niggas trying to be hardcore parkour by remember the PSP Claw
>I still dread using the right analogue to attack monsters in the Demo of MonHun 1 that came free with DMC3 Special Edition

Only genwunners know true hell. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least now tictac knows what I go through when people bitch to me about Toukiden Kiwami and God Eater :roll: Especially when they say
>but ban I like the newer games because they are easier to play but I'm totally not a kazul
and my eyes just glaze over thinking what I had to go through to beat stages in God Eater burst in Solo + Under 3 Minutes + No Items + No Damage to get my SSS+ ranks as a peronal accomplishment. :roll: Which of course is not only far fairer in GE3, you also are so super broken and overpowered there by the end, even the most maniacal boss gangbangs are easy as fuck and over in three seconds if you enter Burst mode. :lol: Meanwhile over at Burst, I have to break my PSP trying to be fucking Trickster Dante, I-framing everywhere, acting like a gun nut who specializes in tranquing elephants from a mile radius while simultaenously firing magnum shots at the local lion population that's chasing me. :lol:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:46 pm

Dude, do you have any idea how fucking difficult The Great Giana Sisters was? Respect your elders!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:34 pm

>Great Gianna Sisters
So it was a german game, you fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuck. :lol: Give me back my childhood because I regret every single second I wasted on it instead of playing Pac-man and Prince of Persia. :mrgreen:

Besides, I've beaten Dragon Slayer 1 and Tower of Druaga original, you can't scare me at this point. :lol:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow