The Firearms Thread

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 09, 2020 6:27 pm

I don't have one. But I'll likely eventually get a Mauser 98. They are affordable here and there is even a discipline for old service rifles I could use it for. It's more fun to be able to compete with a rifle than just shoot targets for no reason.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Singh'sSpot

Post by Singh'sSpot » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:30 pm

The kit arrived, the only thing missing is the bolt carrier, charging handle and one lower receiver, think I'm gonna get the Colt brand.

Made a video of me opening it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZNBFJYJiGw

I tried to explain the flash emmited in all directions from firing the rifle so this thing call a baffle installed in the flash hider forces the flash foward rather than outward.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:13 pm

XM177s are pretty cool. Probably the only retro config other than the original M16 I'm interested in.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:50 pm

Nice! Looking forward to see the end result!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:58 pm

Mausers are pretty sweet too. You krauts sure can make some good guns. A Luger 9mm costs more than gold over here but the design was solid as fuck from its birth until the present day. 9x19 is a good caliber too. Better than the retarded soviet 9x18 and comparable with MURICA's .45 ACP.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:02 pm

Still like my Springfield XD .45 acp.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:00 pm

Since I'm watching some slow-motion gun malfunctions right now I thought I'd ask because I'm seeing plenty of them:
Have any of you ever limp-wristed a pistol to failure? Never happened to me. Granted, most automatics I got to shoot were full steel, long barrel or tricked out IPSC racers. But I've also shot a few regular service pistols including yoghurt cup Glawks in 9mm Luger and even those never failed to cycle on a relatively lose grip.
Do people really have that much of a problem with it?

Israeli-made Desert Eagles aside. I've never seen one in .50 AE work correctly through an entire magazine.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:38 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:00 pm
Since I'm watching some slow-motion gun malfunctions right now I thought I'd ask because I'm seeing plenty of them:
Have any of you ever limp-wristed a pistol to failure? Never happened to me. Granted, most automatics I got to shoot were full steel, long barrel or tricked out IPSC racers. But I've also shot a few regular service pistols including yoghurt cup Glawks in 9mm Luger and even those never failed to cycle on a relatively lose grip.
Do people really have that much of a problem with it?

Israeli-made Desert Eagles aside. I've never seen one in .50 AE work correctly through an entire magazine.
My mother had a problem with this. I was out shooting with both my parents and my dad and I couldn't figure out why it was jamming for her but not for us. To be fair though, the gun was a semi-auto Taurus and despite what some people say, I still think Taurus makes garbage. It's debatable how much was her technique vs the gun being shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:26 pm

I never heard anything good about Taurus.
I'm just confused about it apparently happening so often to people. As far as I understand it's mostly happening with polymer pistols. Our club's Sig P226 X-Six is absolutely impossible to limp wrist. You can hold it in two fingers and it'll still cycle no problem. Never heard of anyone having a malfunction with it either.
But even the craptastic, beat to shit CZ that once sent it's rear sight into my ballistic glasses or the army surplus condition Berretta at least never had that problem.

Speaking off, what's the nicest and the worst handguns you ever shot?
For me the nicest pistol was a SigSauer P210 Supertarget. Revolver would be a tricked out S&W 686 Deluxe 6'' beautifully customized.
The crappest would either be the CZ or the POS Glawk a club mate once bought for 150€. You can imagine in what state a Glock brand Glock is at that price.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:38 pm

Nicest? P226. Still my favorite. Favorite revolver would be a Ruger Security Six. An absolutely beautiful pistol that shoots like a dream. Crappiest? I don't usually shoot bad guns, but I guess... I guess the Taurus. I don't like them. Glocks also. They're uncomfortable to shoot and beat up your hands. But I haven't shot hipoints or saturday night specials.
RAPEMAN wrote: