Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 29, 2020 1:39 pm

I can deal with the -4 fire for now in High Rank. But I already know that won't work out at G. Plus the Gravios set has Block Up and Defence so it'll be nice for monsters throwing normally unblockable ray attacks like Plesioth and especially Lavasioth.

There's no real reason why I made an IG for Gravios. I just felt like it and haven't really played with IG in GenU to try out the different styles. Just something to make the grinding a bit more fun. I only needed to hunt three Seltas and a few Great Thunderbugs while going fishing. HR Seltas is like a five minute fight without even exploiting elements.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri May 29, 2020 2:30 pm

I feel you. It's fun to fuck around with weapons. I like to have at least one decent weapon of most types so I can do that. I made a kut-ku glaive because it looked like a chinese serpent spear and I wanted to roleplay muh dynasty wurriors.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 29, 2020 4:48 pm

"Do not pursue Devil Joe!"
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:04 pm
3rd gen is just fucking dope, honestly. Really killer lineup of fun monsters and great levels. Royal Ludroth, Great Jaggia, Quropeco, Rathian, Lagiacrus and I could go on. Gen has some great ones too. The new owl guy is awesome and so is Mizu.
I fucking love owl guy. Dude is awesomely animated, has that fun gimmick where he messes with your controls, and is overall much better than yet another bird wyvern. I also liked that new Drome alternative Gen introduced (Maccao, aka that guy who stands on his tail).

And I gues Bulldrome is a nice practice monsters, but I find it a bit silly how he takes ages with his telegraphing. You basically can't get hit by him unless you're distracted af.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 29, 2020 5:53 pm

With rock bastard above I meant Basarios.
Aaaaanyway, just spent thirty minutes on a Gravios with the IG. Got almost all the breaks, mounted him three times. Now I'm not exactly great with IG but that took a long-ass time.
Imagine my surprise that it was the record smallest Gravios I ever fought. I didn't even have a hard time or anything. In fact, the hunt overall went really well. I'll be off getting some monster broth to upgrade the glaive another level and try and find stuff to push my kinsect even more, even though it is a level 7 speed one already.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:48 pm
And I gues Bulldrome is a nice practice monsters, but I find it a bit silly how he takes ages with his telegraphing. You basically can't get hit by him unless you're distracted af.
Which is why he works really well as a second random.

Edit: Upgraded my IG. Both it and the kinsect are now not upgradeable without G-rank material. It still took me half an hour to fight that Gravios. Good news is that I got all the breaks except for the tail. So both legs, belly twice, the back, both wings and the face.
But a large part of why it takes so long and is tedious is the map. It's in Marshland and I get either knocked out or jump out of the area constantly. First fight it was nine times, this time five times.
I'll go in with regular lance and see how things go. Still need one head part.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 29, 2020 9:13 pm

Okay so mistakes were made.
First off, Lance was a terrible idea. It went horribly. I didn't get everything I needed either so I hunted one with GL. I was on full tilt and got manhandled but still wrecked it in 16 minutes. I mostly got my shit kicked in because I needed that head break and his fucking belly explosion kept hitting me whenever I had a clear shot at it's head. It was awful.

Second off, the set doesn't have Block Up but rather Block+. I still got to activate Block up with a talisman and decorations. It also doesn't have Defence but Attack.
So I now have Block Up, Block+1 and Attack+1 activated but most importantly it has +15 Fire resistance. The only negative elemental defences are Water and Dragon. Dragon doesn't matter and for Water I've got the Seltas set with +15.

I am sick and tired of Gravios for now. The armour is ugly as sin as well but hopefully it was worth it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri May 29, 2020 9:32 pm

I never wear any armor I think is ugly. Fuck that shit! Fashion Hunter!

I know what you mean about fights where you get slapped around the entire time but finish fast as fuck. That's the whole thing with hammer. You can sit there and take trades all goddamn day, because you deal so much damage and stun. Of course, it's better to not get hit, but hammer is just slow enough that fast monsters make it hard to avoid damage. But with a slowish monster, a hammer can absolutely shred. It's amazing for monsters that try to stay on you the entire time, because you can just keep dodging and hammering them. They can never overwhelm you because you deal too much stun.

Gravios and Basarios were LBG fodder for me in 2nd Gen. I didn't bother trying to melee them back then because they would spam sleep gas into hyper beam over and over.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 29, 2020 9:44 pm

They aren't so bad this time around if you go Brave Style. You can dodge their stupid sleep/fire clouds if you go into Brave Stance as long as you're facing it and immediately go back to clobbering them.
But I really needed that head break and that's just plain difficult with GL. He doesn't fire cloud after every hyper beam but when he does it hits you even if you're standing in front and slightly to the side of him.
I was hoping to AA-Fire into Wyvernfire him in his stupid fucking face. Got hit out of it three times. Once I didn't even get off the AA-Fire. But I eventually managed to Wyvernfire that piece of shit right in his dumb face and got the break.

The tedious thing was that when I got hit with the fire cloud it dealt massive damage and I'd have to put the fire out. I got carted one time as well because that shit alone took 75% of my health away because I didn't have an opportunity to sheathe and roll. -15 Fire resistance is very bad. That's why I wanted that set. Otherwise I'll do nothing but roll to put out fires and heal up when the real nasty fire dude come up. I wouldn't be surprised if a G-Rank Rath could damn near oneshot you with a HR -15 Fire armour.

Should've gone HBG. But I got a nice IG and a good armour set out of today. Being able to block everything and get less pushback is going to pay off big time against the next fire bro.

Edit: Fuck it!
Did an easy quest, spotted that I only need a few parts for a Gravios GL and decided to go back to the guy, this time in his armour set.
Well, that was easy! Bullshit clouds? I block those. Laz0r? I block that shit. I get cocky and get hit with fire stuff? A tenth of my HP bar instead of at least a third and next to no burn DOT.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:54 am

I wish fagtendo would localize the old (good) fire emblem games. The only fire emblem games available for nintendy consoles post-GBA are waifu trash. Only exceptions are Shadow Dragon, a remake of FE1, and Echoes, a remake of Gaiden. Where's my FE4, 5 and 6, you hackfrauds? Where's my FE3? Where's the sequel to shadow dragon that you assholes decided not to translate?
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:14 pm

I'm surprised they haven't pumped out a big compilation.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:18 pm

Probably for the same reason they never did that with earthbound. People want it too much.
RAPEMAN wrote: