Star Dreck

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Dreck

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat May 23, 2020 1:53 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:32 pm
Point is Gene WESELY Roddenberry is a perv.
Yes. I think the Deltans from ST:TMP were his crowning achievement in degeneracy. A "sexually advanced species" whose whole society was based on fucking. Like, instead of using a signature to affirm a contract, the two people would fuck.

You'll notice that the franchise completely distanced themselves from the Deltans after that one movie.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 23, 2020 1:59 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:53 pm
A "sexually advanced species" whose whole society was based on fucking.
I'm getting bad Dune flashbacks.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 23, 2020 3:36 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
You'll notice that the franchise completely distanced themselves from the Deltans after that one movie.
Instead TNG blessed us with planet Agender Prime.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat May 23, 2020 4:39 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:32 pm
Point is Gene WESELY Roddenberry is a perv.
Yes. I think the Deltans from ST:TMP were his crowning achievement in degeneracy. A "sexually advanced species" whose whole society was based on fucking. Like, instead of using a signature to affirm a contract, the two people would fuck.

That's a retarded idea that gets more retarded if you actually think about it for more than two seconds. What happens if there's a dispute and they have to prove there was a contract in court? Also, Harvey Weinstein would have done nothing wrong on this planet. "If you want to be in my movie you've got to 'sign a contract'."

I know why the Deltans aren't mentioned anymore. There were a lot of business deals between men, and they all died of AIDS.

Post by Guest » Sat May 23, 2020 4:40 pm

jpakke wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:41 am
I've always thought that Pulaski was a lot better character than Crusher, who was so fucking boring and bland. At least Pulaski had characterization.
Wasn't she just Dr. McCoy with a vagina?

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat May 23, 2020 4:46 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:36 pm
Instead TNG blessed us with planet Agender Prime.
Next Gen did give us the Edo, a toned-down version of the Deltans.

They also gave us Risa. I liked that DS9 episode where Worf deemed the Risans as degenerates and joined a right-wing group opposing them.
Guest wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:39 pm
I know why the Deltans aren't mentioned anymore. There were a lot of business deals between men, and they all died of AIDS.
I do think AIDS is a major reason this free-love concept fell out of favor.
Last edited by Liar Revealed on Sat May 23, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
お前はもう死んでいる。

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sat May 23, 2020 4:46 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:

They cut out most of what Gene wanted to include about Deltans in TMP, too. Basically being around them made everyone have an uncontrollable desire to fuck them and the only way Ilia was allowed to serve in Starfleet was if she took an oath of celibacy.

There was a TNG episode with Famke Janssen in it that seemed to borrow a lot of this though.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat May 23, 2020 4:59 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:46 pm
They cut out most of what Gene wanted to include about Deltans in TMP, too. Basically being around them made everyone have an uncontrollable desire to fuck them and the only way Ilia was allowed to serve in Starfleet was if she took an oath of celibacy.
It still never made sense to me. It doesn't matter what oath she took, she'd still be a huge distraction.

One of the deleted scenes shows that she turned on Mr. Sulu(!). The novelization said that all the men had hard-ons and so Kirk made Sulu get up and give her a tour of the bridge. Sulu was thinking, "Please don't make me stand up now, Captain!"
So dumb.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 23, 2020 7:19 pm

Any chance of TMP getting a new cut?
Liar Revealed wrote:
I liked that DS9 episode where Worf deemed the Risans as degenerates and joined a right-wing group opposing them.
Based Worf.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 23, 2020 7:28 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Next Gen did give us the Edo, a toned-down version of the Deltans.
What a cruel episode that was. I almost thought they'd just let them kill Wesley.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!