Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Guest » Sat May 23, 2020 7:46 am

The only reason why Quest for Peace happened is that Golan and Globus gave Christopher Reeves full control of the story and script. He was a huge environmentalist before he got bucked off the horse that broke his back.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Sat May 23, 2020 8:18 am

To explain the full story of Superman 4 coming to be from my recollection. It's actually starts with everyone being pissed off at how Superman 3 was especially Reeves. He actually originally refused to ever don the suit again even as a cameo for Supergirl. The Salkinds sold the movie rights to Superman to Cannon films after Supergirl flopped so that they can focus on the Superboy TV series. Cannon comes up to Reeves originally and he refuses. So they make a deal with him. He becomes the writer of Superman 4 and Cannon will finance and market another film he was trying to get off the ground. Some kind of detective movie. So he agrees and he gets the rest of the cast together. And he wrote the hippie ass plot for the movie. So if you think the story itself is stupid blame him.

I could go on about what a shit show the production was in 4 but I wanted to focus just on why Reeves came back.

Post by Guest » Sat May 23, 2020 10:59 am

To be fair, Reeve thought they were making a real movie until the cheap ass producers cut the budget down to fifty dollars and a McDonald's gift card.

80s Helen Slater was so hot.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 23, 2020 11:34 am

Still better than Man of Steel.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat May 23, 2020 12:58 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:18 am
To explain the full story of Superman 4 coming to be from my recollection. It's actually starts with everyone being pissed off at how Superman 3 was especially Reeves. He actually originally refused to ever don the suit again even as a cameo for Supergirl. The Salkinds sold the movie rights to Superman to Cannon films after Supergirl flopped so that they can focus on the Superboy TV series. Cannon comes up to Reeves originally and he refuses. So they make a deal with him. He becomes the writer of Superman 4 and Cannon will finance and market another film he was trying to get off the ground. Some kind of detective movie. So he agrees and he gets the rest of the cast together. And he wrote the hippie ass plot for the movie. So if you think the story itself is stupid blame him.

I could go on about what a shit show the production was in 4 but I wanted to focus just on why Reeves came back.
Agony Booth of all places had a great review and explained what happened with the whole Golan Globus Cannon Studio fiasco. Sadly, they went full "you can't read our good reviews unless you contribute to our patreon".

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun May 24, 2020 3:22 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:46 am
The only reason why Quest for Peace happened is that Golan and Globus gave Christopher Reeves full control of the story and script. He was a huge environmentalist before he got bucked off the horse that broke his back.
There was another really awful anti-nuke film that came out at the same time called Amazing Grace and Chuck. Just look up the plot summary for this movie and you'll see how retarded it is. They made us watch it in school and even as a kid I knew what BS it was.
It would make a great NC episode, but he's too busy with modern crap.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 24, 2020 3:27 pm

Moar liek Amazing Gays and Cuck.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 24, 2020 3:43 pm

So that movie is about overpaid athletes refusing to do their job until world peace is achieved? Okay.

Also apparently the movie is called Silent Voice in the UK, which I only mention to brute force more animu into this thread.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sun May 24, 2020 5:40 pm

Some say Reeve as a director couldn't stand up to the other actors. He didn't show any backbone.

Post by Guest » Sun May 24, 2020 6:15 pm

It's amazing how Superman got treated. Imagine if after Iron Man 2 Marvel gave away the rights to that shitty company that churns out all those Bruce Willis Redbox movies.