Fake News General

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fake News General

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 14, 2020 1:01 pm

You were too young to tag others with buttsex.
Guest wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:24 pm
He also met Hitler.
Did she meet Trump yet?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu May 14, 2020 2:38 pm

The computer model that was used as the basis for the shutdown (made by a team lead by the guy who ignored his own social distancing guidelines to have an affair with a married woman) turns out to be full of bugs.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/code-revie ... ons-model/

List of bugs on GitHub

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu May 14, 2020 3:43 pm

Now I'm envious that none of the programs I've wrote caused more than some hundreds of bucks in total losses.

Post by Guest » Thu May 14, 2020 5:43 pm

Jeez... Let that be a lesson to all you would-be programmers. Never program while you have a boner, especially if it's for someone else's wife.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 14, 2020 8:03 pm

The way its described in that tweet would suggest it makes heavy use of pseudo-random number generators :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Fri May 15, 2020 1:03 am

We know that Cuomo is bullshitting but Orange Man Bad is a interesting take. :lol:

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Fri May 15, 2020 1:22 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:43 pm
Now I'm envious that none of the programs I've wrote caused more than some hundreds of bucks in total losses.
>coding

You fucking nerd.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Fri May 15, 2020 6:13 am

psychiatrically troubled cum-soaked swedish sockpuppet taking a cue from democrats about never letting a crisis go to waste.
ANDERSON COOPER: One of the things I’ve seen you talk about alone is how important it is to listen to experts and listen to science. This is a time when — you know, I wasn’t a very good science student when I was in school — but this is a time, it seems, that the global scientific community is so critically important and we’re really seeing how important it is to follow science.

GRETA THUNBERG: Yes, exactly. I hope that we can see now the scientific community are stepping up and they are speaking out more than they’ve done before because, obviously, this is a crisis that requires the scientific community to speak up. It feels like science is — the role of science changing now — it’s becoming more — people are starting to realize that we are actually depending on science and that we need to listen to scientists and experts. And I really hope that stays and that also it’s for other crises like the climate crisis and the environmental crisis and that we understand that we have to listen to the scientists.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri May 15, 2020 7:11 am

Guest wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:38 pm
The computer model that was used as the basis for the shutdown (made by a team lead by the guy who ignored his own social distancing guidelines to have an affair with a married woman) turns out to be full of bugs.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/code-revie ... ons-model/

List of bugs on GitHub
It isn’t the code Ferguson ran to produce his famous Report 9. What’s been released on GitHub is a heavily modified derivative of it, after having been upgraded for over a month by a team from Microsoft and others. This revised codebase is split into multiple files for legibility and written in C++, whereas the original program was “a single 15,000 line file that had been worked on for a decade” (this is considered extremely poor practice). A request for the original code was made 8 days ago but ignored, and it will probably take some kind of legal compulsion to make them release it. Clearly, Imperial are too embarrassed by the state of it ever to release it of their own free will, which is unacceptable given that it was paid for by the taxpayer and belongs to them.
A single fucking file? This is literally what Miscarriage of Acchild was doing when he was making his game and he was rightly mocked for not knowing what the fuck he was doing. They were using C++, the whole point of that fucking language was to organise code into many files and to reuse code to make it more efficient. Also:

>A request for the original code was made 8 days ago but ignored, and it will probably take some kind of legal compulsion to make them release it.

Oh go fuck yourselves. Government decisions were made based on this model. Just look at this:
The Imperial team’s response is that it doesn’t matter: they are “aware of some small non-determinisms”, but “this has historically been considered acceptable because of the general stochastic nature of the model”. Note the phrasing here: Imperial know their code has such bugs, but act as if it’s some inherent randomness of the universe, rather than a result of amateur coding. Apparently, in epidemiology, a difference of 80,000 deaths is “a small non-determinism”.
They know their code is complete trash but advice governments with their shitty model. Ferguson straight up said 2.2 million americans will die from this without a lockdown, and it is not the first time he has spewed such bullshit based on his crappy code.

https://www.nola.com/opinions/james_gil ... 4e55d.html

>In 2005, he said 200 million people could die of bird flu; four years later the worldwide total was 282.

>The British government, on Ferguson's advice, also said the “worst-case scenario” for swine flu was 65,000 deaths in that country. The actual toll was 457.

>Earlier, Ferguson's fear that mad cow disease might kill 50,000 people was off by 49,823.

And this cunt ignored his own advice to fuck his mistress. Everyone on the planet who lost their job needs to sue this piece of shit until he hangs himself, his garbage models have been used by governments for nearly two decades and it's about time people realised he is a fucking hack.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 15, 2020 7:52 am

Duwango wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:13 am
people are starting to realize that we are actually depending on science and that we need to listen to scientists and experts.
Cool. Can we listen to the current state of knowledge that this virus was some pussy shit that is actually "just the flu, bruh" and drop any and all regulations ASAP?
We didn't cling to the concept of the aether either after that was soundly disproven, ya know?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!