The Firearms Thread

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
rabidtictac

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Thu May 07, 2020 6:07 pm

Video proof that being old doesn't make you wise.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 07, 2020 6:12 pm

Ah yes, finger on the trigger at all times and pointing the barrel at yourself - with a magazine inserted and all.
It's a miracle he's gotten that old in the first place.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu May 07, 2020 6:14 pm

Old people are trash.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Thu May 07, 2020 7:39 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 6:12 pm
Ah yes, finger on the trigger at all times and pointing the barrel at yourself - with a magazine inserted and all.
It's a miracle he's gotten that old in the first place.
This is why I'm not against Canada's firearms course. I actually learned a lot from it. Too bad they're taking my guns away.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 07, 2020 7:53 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:39 pm
This is why I'm not against Canada's firearms course. I actually learned a lot from it. Too bad they're taking my guns away.
A basic safety course is perfectly reasonable. You have to make a driver's license for exactly the same reason. I wouldn't want to have that idiot standing at the same range as me. Guys like that need to be told proper gun safety before they go to a range and get kicked out for flagging people left and right.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu May 07, 2020 11:05 pm

I got to the point where I quit shooting with other people. The only person I know who I actually trust to handle a firearm properly is my dad. I got tired of fuckheads walking around with a shotgun over their shoulder with a round chambered and the muzzle swinging at everything.
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu May 07, 2020 11:29 pm

That's nuts. The ranges I've been too were all super uptight. I mean, uptight in a good way, as in, you best watch yourself and not be handling a firearm while someone is downrange, even just to check it. When someone steps out towards the targets, it's hands off and step out of your booth, bitch!

I wouldn't be surprised if people around here are so touchy about gun safety (including me) because we're surrounded by retarded shitlibs who think everyone, no matter how responsible, should be disarmed completely.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu May 07, 2020 11:32 pm

I'm fortunate enough to have tons of private land to shoot on so I can avoid the dipshits.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 07, 2020 11:37 pm

My club has a traffic light system for that. When it's green you ought to have the mag ejected, chamber open (or drum for revolvers), barrel pointing down range. No touching any gun whatsoever. Sounds harsh? When you're setting up a new target twenty five meters down range the last thing you want to hear is *click clack* from somebody racking a slide.
At competitions you get disqualified immediately if you break any of those rules or ever flag someone.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Sat May 09, 2020 4:21 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:32 pm
I'm fortunate enough to have tons of private land to shoot on so I can avoid the dipshits.
Was gonna say. Having--or knowing--someone like that makes the rifle targets a much quieter and nicer place.
Plus if you're lucky, they have a spot where you can clay shoot at your leisure.

What's everyone's best bolt-action? I've fired off a Remington 700 as an example one time, and kind of liked the feel of them. Now that I'm saving money again, I'd like to eventually get a good one to start practicing for the hell of it.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.