Children's Card Games

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Children's Card Games

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:21 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:09 pm
I don't remember a single point in time where anything over two colours was good.
On the contrary. It has been pretty easy to have 3 or more colored decks for a while now, due to the existence of dual lands (either the original or the Ravnica shocklands), fetch lands, cards like Farseek, Reflection Pool + the Vivid lands, etc. So much so that WotC crates a new Eternal format called Pioneer based on the premise "it's like Modern, but fetchlands are banned" - and still three colored decks shine on it.

The only way they curbstomp multi-colored decks is by making Mono Red REALLY fast an consistent, and the last time they managed to do this was during the Kaladesh-Amonkhet-Dominaria standard - it was simply impossible to fight off the amount of indestructible, hasted, hard-hitting threats that Mono Red was playing during that time. But it had to be that way, or else that nigga Teferi, Hero of Dominaria would simply destroy the format by making games go forever and win by removing all you opponent's permanents from play and waiting for them to deck themselves one card a turn.

Speaking of which, is funny how WotC made Teferi the most hated character in the game since Oko got emergency banned, due to the fact that both the old and the current version of his card are completely busted. They pushed the players to hate the negro!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:31 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:21 pm
On the contrary. It has been pretty easy to have 3 or more colored decks for a while now, due to the existence of dual lands (either the original or the Ravnica shocklands), fetch lands, cards like Farseek, Reflection Pool + the Vivid lands, etc. So much so that WotC crates a new Eternal format called Pioneer based on the premise "it's like Modern, but fetchlands are banned" - and still three colored decks shine on it.

The only way they curbstomp multi-colored decks is by making Mono Red REALLY fast an consistent, and the last time they managed to do this was during the Kaladesh-Amonkhet-Dominaria standard - it was simply impossible to fight off the amount of indestructible, hasted, hard-hitting threats that Mono Red was playing during that time. But it had to be that way, or else that nigga Teferi, Hero of Dominaria would simply destroy the format by making games go forever and win by removing all you opponent's permanents from play and waiting for them to deck themselves one card a turn.
I guess I stand corrected.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Speaking of which, is funny how WotC made Teferi the most hated character in the game since Oko got emergency banned, due to the fact that both the old and the current version of his card are completely busted. They pushed the players to hate the negro!
Jace is at least a heavy contender for the title of most-hated planeswalker git.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:19 am

Which MtG faction has the most rape monsters? Just curious.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:19 pm

Sometimes I wish I played these gay trading card games, but then I remember that you need a group of fags to play these things with or they're not fun. The only one I ever played was YouGayBro. I had pokermans cards as a kid because all the kids had them and all the kids liked pokermans. But the TCG rules were mega AIDS. Slow and boring shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:33 pm

Magic was a lot of fun before everyone had the internet. Netdecking fucking ruined it. Sure, even back then some may copy tournament winner decks but most kids didn't have the money to blow it on four Icy Manipulators at 30 bucks a pop.
So you built a deck with what you had and try shit out. Magic was always about breaking the rules and coming up with some old bullshit that synergizes really well and finding something yourself was the best thing.
Today it's just too meta. Build the current meme deck or build a counter deck to it. Otherwise, enjoy getting your shit stomped in.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:43 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:31 pm
Jace is at least a heavy contender for the title of most-hated planeswalker git.
White man speak with straight tongue.
Le Redditeur wrote:
>Mono red
I've seen mono green decks--especially with Omnath--win by turn two or three. In multiplayer free for all.
Green was always good at mana ramping. Certain cards have come out that just busted it, even in a more 'randomized' format like EDH.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:33 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:19 pm
On netdecking
That's why I prefer the real cardboard crack to the Internet fake shit. At least with the physical stock you know how spend thousands or bargain shopped Grandma's flea market collection her grandson once left. Physical copies were a finite resource that built their own scarcity. It was also easy to spot a printed fake.

With the Internet you just need time, not skill or a small fortune. You also need to keep up with Wizards' monthly rules change faggotry that suddenly bans a card in your deck if you skip a week.
Last edited by Tony Schiavone on Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:13 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:33 pm
Magic was a lot of fun before everyone had the internet. Netdecking fucking ruined it. Sure, even back then some may copy tournament winner decks but most kids didn't have the money to blow it on four Icy Manipulators at 30 bucks a pop.
So you built a deck with what you had and try shit out. Magic was always about breaking the rules and coming up with some old bullshit that synergizes really well and finding something yourself was the best thing.
Today it's just too meta. Build the current meme deck or build a counter deck to it. Otherwise, enjoy getting your shit stomped in.
Fucking this, this a million times over. Magic was fun when it was you and friends fucking around with cards. I'm glad I got out of magic a long time ago.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:04 am

Yeah, my best memory with Magic was building a deck for a tournament. That was around Marcadian Masks time. I got a Margeta the Lion in a booster and thought I could build something around him. Ended up building a Green-White creature destruction deck, relying on Treetop Village surviving due to being a land and then turning them into 4/4 creatures after a cleaned table.
A class mate took me to a church in his area where they had a Magic group every week. The leader of that group was in his 30s and supposedly built the strongest deck. I took up the challenge to see if my deck was tournament ready. I actually beat him, but it was a struggle. Fucker had Serra Angel that just kept coming back.

The tournament was a sham. I made it to the final game, when they suddenly announced that it won't be a best of three but only one game because they had to end the tournament early. The prizes were also struck. Both of us got mana screwed for fifteen turns and since there was nothing to win anyway we agreed to a draw. I'm confident I would've won in a best of three but them suddenly announcing that the tournament had to stop and that the prizes won't get handed out was the biggest bullshit I've ever seen. I would've won an entire booster box for second or two for first place.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:10 am

Best way to avoid net decking is playing draft. Although it's a completely different kind of game.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:20 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:10 am
Best way to avoid net decking is playing draft. Although it's a completely different kind of game.
Sure. But that costs money every single time and you're arguably tied up into the meta just as much.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!