Wrassling Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Wrassling Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:45 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:25 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:49 am
On a good day?
Do you mean 'To this day'? Is that what you're referencing?
Just wanted to give you an excuse to post that webbum again.
Dehbashi wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:53 am
I know there is confusion why I said about Tyson. You may joke about "don't get hit" was the solution to him but it was right to a degree.
Those statistics are nice and all but the trouble with just making it to round 5 is that there's an angry Mike Tyson in the ring. It's not that nobody found out this one trick. In Tyson's prime people just wouldn't make it that far because he really, really wanted to punch the other guy and he was pretty good in getting that done.

A good example of a one-trick-pony boxer is Walujew. Can't box for shit but since he's half yeti he has very long reach and he has the same boxing advantage that Homer Simpson had of being near impossible to knock out since his tiny brain in that giant skull is basically immune to blunt force trauma. Couple that with his management making sure he only ever got pushovers as opponents and you've got an easy champion.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:45 pm

Both Ronda and Tyson fell off their prime because they list their original coach and another dude came into their lives.
SpoilerShow
For Tyson it was losing Cus D'Amato, who could build up all his aggression and funnel it to victory. When he died he had all the aggression but no one to control it for him. Then Don King came in and did what he does.

Ronda pre- and post- coaching change to that manlet Edmond Tarverdyan is like day and night. Before that she was focused as hell, actually training properly, and still had a crush on Vegeta.
Then he came in and fucked up her head. No more proper diet, no more dedication. Just wants easy things to deserve to come to her like a typical delusional bitch. Her mom has gone on record saying she wants to kill him.

Ronda's WWE run was doomed because she does want or cant handle being a heel. Brock is cheered because he acts like a dick but can literally destroy people. He doesnt care what people think, but he also wont allow Senile Vince to let him lose to vanilla midgets. He beat the dog shit out of Cena and probably made him retire--which everyone is still thankful for.

Current Year Ronda has no focus or ambition beyond being a media darling. Everyone can see the real MMA moves she does online versus the fake ring submissions.
Roddy Piper went out and told everyone to kiss his ass for years before he was cheered. Rowsey has no patience anymore to stick with that.

tl;dr Look for her to have a kid soon and get fucked up with that
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:19 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:45 pm
Those statistics are nice and all but the trouble with just making it to round 5 is that there's an angry Mike Tyson in the ring. It's not that nobody found out this one trick. In Tyson's prime people just wouldn't make it that far because he really, really wanted to punch the other guy and he was pretty good in getting that done.
So you are saying that he unlike Rousey had enough talent to prevent others from taking advantage of the weakness? I can buy that.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:33 am

Dehbashi wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:19 am
So you are saying that he unlike Rousey had enough talent to prevent others from taking advantage of the weakness? I can buy that.
That's exactly what I'm saying. You've likely seen Tyson in his prime. Dude bobs and weaves like Clay, waits for an opportunity and then delivers one single hit that sends the other guy onto the floor.
That he tires easily after a couple of rounds is something people didn't know because it plain didn't happen. Fuckers entered the ring with Tyson, they got knocked the fuck out in the first few rounds. Not out of recklessness but because he'd just dodge blows and deliver one or two deadly ones. Even if you had the knowledge, what good is the advise "Just get to round five or six, he'll tire out." going to do you if he'll find that one gap and hook you regardless?
Shit, he's an old man now. If the advise was ever true it certainly is now. Now go into the ring with him and last four rounds. I don't know about you but I'd rate my chances to get there fairly low.

Tyson was likely the greatest boxing talent ever. Had pussy and Don King not done a job on him he would likely be seen as the greatest boxer to ever live no contest. He's not a smart guy by any stretch of the imagination but he was a boxing savant. It's a bit like with Lothar Matthäus in football. Likely one of the greatest players ever with a sublime understanding and ability on the field but a total moron otherwise.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:47 am

It seems that Florida declared WWE an essential business during the pandemic.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:02 am

Of course. It brings hope to the people.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:07 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:47 am
It seems that Florida declared WWE an essential business during the pandemic.
Vince has enough money sunk into his Performance Center and Full Sail that the government jumped af the chance to keep some Orlando revenue open.

All the other tourist spots are shut down until mid July.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:24 am

Holy shit, Ronda Rousey is fucking hot now. Just watched her get her luscious ass kicked on TV and if I wasn't in public I'd totally pound off. Goddamn!

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:16 pm

I saw a bunch of people posting about how the Undertaker is "retiring". I haven't watched any professional wrestling since 1998 but
  • Don't old and "retired" wrestlers come back all the time?
  • Hasn't the Undertaker done like 2 matches a year for the last decade?

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:32 pm

RedLine wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:16 pm
I saw a bunch of people posting about how the Undertaker is "retiring".
There might be some truth to this one, since he seems to have stopped giving a shit about kayfabe and is now letting himself be interviewed and documented everywhere (he 's one of the old school that never used to do anything public....adding to the mystery).

It isnt like Flair or Funk saying farewell for the 20th time.