Doom Eternal Is RACIST!

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Doom Eternal Is RACIST!

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:25 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:43 pm
I'm curious if the Blood source code was available to them. I know it still exists because one of the developer wanted to make his own port some time ago, IIRC.
Yeah, current Atari claimed they wanted to do that. When Nightdive approached them to buy the Blood IP they admitted they don't have the source code. They are either lying or it's actually lost.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:34 pm

Some dev probably has it on a zip drive.

Our Nigger Civvie gives a great review of Eternal.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:40 pm

Yeah, he doesn't always have great opinions.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:01 pm

I'm divided with Eternal. I hate the RPG elements - Doom is a game where fun should be from the start, not after you've powered up. Doom should be about getting good, not because you have a handicap that needs upgrading, but by learning attack patterns, level geometry and better optimizing your strafing and covering. Also, relying heavily on glory kills to get your ammo is gay as fuck, totally forces me to saw critters just to ammo up, not conserve and ration but to farm for. I do love a lot of the ascetics, the monster damage is what was promised way back in Doom 3 but never delivered. The lore is overly complicated where Doom 2016 made fun of it. The player could use a little more speed and I was never a fan of monster areas, something we never got past since Serious Sam.

I think this is a case where the devs got a little full of themselves but the players seem to like it, so... old dogs, I guess.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:39 pm

Oh I realize it's not made for me. None of the newer id Games stuff is. Thus I avoid it. Doesn't mean I won't bitch and bemoan what they've done to Doom, though.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:31 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:25 pm
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:43 pm
I'm curious if the Blood source code was available to them. I know it still exists because one of the developer wanted to make his own port some time ago, IIRC.
Yeah, current Atari claimed they wanted to do that. When Nightdive approached them to buy the Blood IP they admitted they don't have the source code. They are either lying or it's actually lost.
Face it, guys: This franchise has been fucked ever since they released a sequel.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:34 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:31 pm
Face it, guys: This franchise has been fucked ever since they released a sequel.
Nobody is disputing that. It's just a shame that nobody has the source code or bothers to do anything with it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:14 pm

I'm just glad id and 3D Realms had the tenacity and foresight to release outdated engines to the fans for posterity's sake. Every modern edition of an old game gets fucked it. The Doom BFG edition had resources modified and all Wolfenstein easter eggs removed thanks to Germany and Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary World Tour is a broken mess. And we have no way of getting the original resource files unmodified without pirating or searching flea markets.

I keep all my original wads in a zip file and I'll never buy a new edition of Doom. The Doom Collectors Edition compilation was the last disk to house patched non bastardized wad files.
SpoilerShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:20 pm

My best experience with Doom 3 was playing the expansion, resurrection of evil, on xbox og. It came with DOOM 1 and DOOM 2. Yeah, it's not pc and all, but they were perfectly fine ports and it was great fun to play them on my shitty SDTV with my xbox s type cuntroller. Justboomerthings.

Resurrection of Evil also had the super shotgun, which vanilla doom 3 didn't. Man, vanilla doom 3 sucked massive amounts of dick. In its original state, you couldn't have the flashlight out at the same time as any weapon.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:27 pm

Ah yes, the "duct tape" mod came out about a week later. Doom 3 was pretty shit overall and really started the garbage discount Serious Sam/Painkiller gameplay loop of entering an arena, having to clear it and then move on. It wasn't as drastic as it is in Doom 4 but boy did that fucking game ever love it's monster closets and teleport triggers.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!