Star Dreck

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Star Dreck

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:31 am

Are you forgetting that Picard can't fucking stand Q?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:36 am

Fucking retarded. Why the fuck would you kill Data and make Picard into an android? It should be the other way around! Android character is immortal and can be used in future projects. Picard is played by an elderly man that only has a few more years left.

As for the cursing, here's a compilation for your enjoyment.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:11 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:31 am
Are you forgetting that Picard can't fucking stand Q?
Of course not - it's not like Q has to give him a choice. Hell, Picard was about to die when his robot heart malfunctioned, and Q brought him back to life. And don't pretend that you wouldn't enjoy seeing Picard in this new enlightened era actually get to tell Q to fuck off.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:36 am
Fucking retarded. Why the fuck would you kill Data and make Picard into an android? It should be the other way around! Android character is immortal and can be used in future projects. Picard is played by an elderly man that only has a few more years left.
Spiner is 71, which is elderly in of itself. He refuses to play a living Data, and nobody wants to see another actor take on the part.

Actually, there is a certain amount of cleverness in what they did with Picard, because now the show is safe from Patrick Stewart dying suddenly - the original Picard had his death scene. It won't matter too much if the clone's storyline is left unresolved.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:20 am

Rushy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:11 am
And don't pretend that you wouldn't enjoy seeing Picard in this new enlightened era actually get to tell Q to fuck off.
I wouldn't. He already told him in so many words. It would've been funny in TNG but in a show where Picard gets told to go fuck himself by some admiral twat every few minutes that carries no weight.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:31 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:20 am
Rushy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:11 am
And don't pretend that you wouldn't enjoy seeing Picard in this new enlightened era actually get to tell Q to fuck off.
I wouldn't. He already told him in so many words. It would've been funny in TNG but in a show where Picard gets told to go fuck himself by some admiral twat every few minutes that carries no weight.
He got to say I told you so later *shrug*
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:06 am

Point is that it's been quite a while since I've heard something as embarrassing and tonally off as someone in what is supposed to be Star Trek to "Shut the fuck up!".
Picard saying "Shut up, Wesley!" was kino because it was so blatant and mirrored the viewer's feelings about him without being out of character. When Picard just plain tells a dude to shut up that has impact. But some stupid crone nobody knows telling Picard to "shut the fuck up" that's just plain off. It doesn't have any authority behind it, no dignity and isn't Star Trek. But then this whole show isn't so whatever.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:19 pm

There's so much cursing in this that I'm expecting Donte from DmC:DMC to show up in Season 2.
Rushy wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:52 pm
Also, it just occurred to me that Q should've been in this episode. There's no fucking way Q would miss Picard's death. Maybe he turned the OG Picard into another Q and the two are having a buddy comedy in some other galaxy Equestria whilst Clone Picard is still stuck in this show.
The perfect Picard death would have him try to say some emotional last words - all while Q is doing something like this:
SpoilerShow
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:36 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:06 am
Point is that it's been quite a while since I've heard something as embarrassing and tonally off as someone in what is supposed to be Star Trek to "Shut the fuck up!".
Picard saying "Shut up, Wesley!" was kino because it was so blatant and mirrored the viewer's feelings about him without being out of character. When Picard just plain tells a dude to shut up that has impact. But some stupid crone nobody knows telling Picard to "shut the fuck up" that's just plain off. It doesn't have any authority behind it, no dignity and isn't Star Trek. But then this whole show isn't so whatever.
I like how you came back just to change "admiral twat" to "crone".
But yes, I agree with you on that note. The loss of Picard's authority should've been part of the story, complete with flashbacks of him having it and regaining it after he is proven right and regains his confidence towards the end of the season. There's a few glimpses in the finale, like when he snaps "fear is an incompetent teacher", but he never becomes fully energetic, even accounting for his age.

My dad summed it up best when he said that Patrick Stewart's a very tired man.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:39 pm

Rushy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:36 pm
My dad summed it up best when he said that Patrick Stewart's a very tired man.
I'll agree with your father. Patrick should've fucking stayed home.
Also you've got to change up insults to stay fresh. Next I'd have called the admiral a cunt.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:44 pm

As someone who doesn't have a problem with profanity, and uses it ubiquitously, the fuck-this and fuck-that in Star Trek doesn't sit well at all. Never has it been like that in Star Trek and introducing it now is unnecessary and jarring . I love a Tarantino or Scorsese film with fuck used every other word, but it doesn't work in Star Trek. Kurtzman is a fucking piece of shit.
Is Spoony dead yet?