Star Dreck

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Dreck

Post by Rushy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:02 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:56 pm
SW prequels at least felt like SW (more or less).
Only if we're thinking of Revenge of the Sith. Which, given that Picard's getting a 2nd season, might well happen. They resolved all the Borg-Romulan-android nonsense, so they could finally go for an episodic, more classic Star Trek approach. We'll see.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:35 pm

Oh please. Season-long storylines are all the rage atm. Both STD and STP used that format, and I don't see them suddenly switching back to the old Trek format anytime soon.
Maybe the next season will be all about dem Cardassians, so they can have multiple episodes about how Chain of Command with the famous "There are 4 lights!" scene gave Picard serious PTSD.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:37 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:35 pm
Oh please. Season-long storylines are all the rage atm. Both STD and STP used that format, and I don't see them suddenly switching back to the old Trek format anytime soon.
Maybe the next season will be all about dem Cardassians, so they can have multiple episodes about how Chain of Command with the famous "There are 4 lights!" scene gave Picard serious PTSD.
STD wasn't exclusively arc-oriented though. I'm pretty sure Harry Mudd had jack to do with the mirror universe. :lol:
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:06 pm

Not a snowball's chance in hell they will turn it into an episodic show. The hack writers need their hack big ebil threat for their hacky space battle finale.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:12 pm

I do like how Stewart has Picard resurrected for future adventures just like Shatner did in those books. It's like poetry. No one's ever really gone.
All we need now is a Scott Bakula hologram.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:18 pm

Data's death, take 2
I found it sweet(nice nod to 2001: A Space Odyssey), though unnecessary. I think Data symbolically achieved humanity well enough with his self-sacrifice at the end of Nemesis without needing to sit in a computer for 20 years to die again.
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:10 pm

You think his death in Nemesis will prevent hack writers from writing an emotional farewell? Think about the feelz!
Rushy wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:37 pm
STD wasn't exclusively arc-oriented though. I'm pretty sure Harry Mudd had jack to do with the mirror universe. :lol:
Cases of "DO YOU REMEMBER THIS FROM TOS?!" don't count.
But give the show 1-2 more seasons, and we'll probably find out that Harry Mudd is one of the most central characters of the mirror universe, and in fact one of the most fiendish keikaku masters of the 23rd century.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:17 pm

It's kinda wild to consider that both Picard and Data by the end of that episode are copies of their deceased originals. It's like watching Boba Fett meet Luuke Skywalker.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:41 pm

I'd rather call it lame than wild. I'd hope that if I'd be cloned they wouldn't put me back into an over 70 year old body.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:52 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:41 pm
I'd rather call it lame than wild. I'd hope that if I'd be cloned they wouldn't put me back into an over 70 year old body.
They make a point of mentioning that they deliberately took out the enhancements because Picard wouldn't have wanted them.

Also, it just occurred to me that Q should've been in this episode. There's no fucking way Q would miss Picard's death. Maybe he turned the OG Picard into another Q and the two are having a buddy comedy in some other galaxy Equestria whilst Clone Picard is still stuck in this show.
Kugelfisch wrote: