What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:20 pm

Not to mention the extra hand-holding, with the map telling you where to go next and that early ledge-grabbing power-up for people who can't into 2D platforming.
Also not really a fan of her power armor being retconned into some kind of hologram, that is also tied to her ship or something. You can't just do that if you don't even have her shout "Henshin!"
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:24 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:20 pm
Not to mention the extra hand-holding, with the map telling you where to go next
That pissed me off more than anything. While I don't think it is complete trash and is a good game for someone who has never played them before, it kind of defeats the purpose of exploring and actively discourages it.

It's like the person who designed it had a focus test full of morons playing Super Metroid and was scared of people being stuck.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:47 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:24 am
It's like the person who designed it had a focus test full of morons playing Super Metroid and was scared of people being stuck.
That's really every Nintendo focus group from like 2000 on. If it were made today they'd probably have some mode where the game plays itself for you
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:00 am

Hand holding isn't that bad as long as there is an option to turn them off. Some old games gave me dark times and ultimately made me quit due to fuck you DIY attitude, I don't mind hand holding. Please hold my hands, it's better experience than going through FAQ and shit.

That being said, best Metroid is The Scheme because one of the best video game soundtrack ever ever though the game itself is more like Shitroid but Metroid itself is kinda shit already (yes I said it, metroid is kinda shit) who cares.
SpoilerShow

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:01 pm

So Romancing SaGa 3 is good game? Worth a go?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:24 pm

It's great. I had a blast with it. Looks fantastic too with the new HD backgrounds and moving sprites.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:27 pm

BONERLORD!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:09 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:27 pm
BONERLORD!
I wonder if this'll be like with the last game, were literally every YT shill only ever cared about that one Napoleonic war mod.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:43 pm

The napoleonic war mod that wasn't even good? The best warband mods are the jap one for weebshittery and some indochina one that probably doesn't work anymore.

But most of the time I just play warband with the mod that adds some alternate weapon animations/uses and call it a day. Even vanilla is quite excellent.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:13 pm

I'm mostly rocking vanilla with the diplomacy mod because I'm lazy when it comes to looking for mods.
And yes, that mod. The multiplayer only one. Which all those YT yokels like Angry Joe streamed, ignoring pretty much everything else about Mount & Blade. If you'd just followed those shills, you'd think that's all M&B is.
-Yours Truly