Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Spoony the Pussy One: Life is in the Render Queue

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:28 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:57 am
It was trash, faggot. 2 was pretty bad too.
It's like you can't actually make a good Bond parody franchise. Most of the jokes have already been told.
I mean, ever got annoyed when everyone and their mother parodied that one bullet time scene in The Matrix? There are probably an entire order of magnitude more movies and episodes poking fun at klessik Bond.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Spoony and Trump are immortal, will somehow never get Coronavirus, somehow live to 150 years of age and outlive all their detractors. No, none of it will make any sense given their horrid lifestyles and health, but facts and logic do not apply to these kinds of people.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:42 pm

They are like yin and yang; they keep the universe balanced.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:31 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:28 pm
Guest wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:57 am
It was trash, faggot. 2 was pretty bad too.
It's like you can't actually make a good Bond parody franchise. Most of the jokes have already been told.
I mean, ever got annoyed when everyone and their mother parodied that one bullet time scene in The Matrix? There are probably an entire order of magnitude more movies and episodes poking fun at klessik Bond.
I remember seeing 2 before 1 and liking it much better. Heather Graham alone makes everything better.

Also, how would you rate it compared to the OTHER bond parody franchise, Johnny English?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:58 pm

Considering my knowledge of Johnny English is limited to "It has Mr. Bean in it, except he's not Mr. Bean", I can only compare them in that I know they exist.

There's also the OTHER OTHER Bond parody called "Get Smart", where I at least know that it's a TV show that got turned into a shitty movie.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:28 am

Johnny English was watchable... nothing great, but I remember it being fine. Goldmember is clearly the worst out of all Austin Power movies, but again, I remember it being watchable, although I would probably rate it lower than Johnny English. If anything, it was a good indicator that Meyers was getting off his rocker when it comes to writing and producing entertainment.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:46 am

I watched the deleted scenes on the Goldmember DVD. There was a lot of good stuff that they cut out... and there was a lot of Myers' mugging for the camera that should have been cut out. He was playing way too many characters at that point. The Goldmember character was just terrible. Horrible.

It's obvious that Myers had too much control of what went in the final cut.
IIRC, they hired these teens for the flashback that could do solid impressions of Austin Powers and Dr. Evil. But Myers dubbed them over with his own voice anyways because every single scene had to be about him.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:00 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:58 pm
Considering my knowledge of Johnny English is limited to "It has Mr. Bean in it, except he's not Mr. Bean"
Isn't that just Blackadder?
I actue had Jommy English on DVD in a bargain bin double pack with the first Mr. Bee movie as a kid.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:08 am

I think I read Liz Hurley did Austin Powers because she couldn't get cast in a Bond movie.

Too bad Kevin McClory croaked. That Warhead 2000 movie with Timothy Dalton would have been better than anything EON has done with the character since Goldeneye (not coincidentally, the last movie Cubby worked on before Woke Babs took over).

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:58 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:08 am
I think I read Liz Hurley did Austin Powers because she couldn't get cast in a Bond movie.
She's still hot. Maybe they'll rectify that like they did with Monica Bellucci
Guest wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:08 am
Too bad Kevin McClory croaked. That Warhead 2000 movie with Timothy Dalton would have been better than anything EON has done with the character since Goldeneye (not coincidentally, the last movie Cubby worked on before Woke Babs took over).
1) It just would have been yet ANOTHER Thunderball remake
2) They put the kibosh on that long before McClory died. Never Say Never Again was basically an aberration, no studio would ever allow another studio to develop a rival property based on a character they own the rights to
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.