Boxing/MMA

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
AdorableOtter

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by AdorableOtter » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:30 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Trump's a big fight fan and he's actually done a lot for boxing. A lot of Mike Tyson's most successful fights were at Trump resorts, and you can actually see him here at one of Mike's fights
And he sill does that to this day, POOP SQUAD!! Muh waste of tax dollas for security.

Keith Chegwin wrote:

It could well be that both fighters wanted to fight and it was promoters and managers getting in the way. But I'd say that if anybody was dodging anybody it's Wilder dodging Joshua.
I just feel Wilder is way too delusional and kinda dumb to dodge anyone. He couldn't even accept the loss against Fury, dude allegedly fired one of the trainers and made some excuses about how the entry costume tired his legs (wtf). Avoiding dangerous opponent is a reasonable decision, the kind of decision Wilder most likely can't make. Maybe his natural dumb instinct was indeed telling him "all those guys are dangerous, avoid!" but who knows.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
If two fighters want to fight, they will make it happen no matter what.
There's not even network exclusivity problems preventing AJ and Wilder from fighting because all Wilder's fights are shown on Sky, the same network AJ is on, in the UK and AJ doesn't have a specific deal in place with the US networks. There are bigger exclusivity problems with a potential AJ vs Fury and yet they think that fight will be much easier to work out
But doesn't Joshua have some mandatory fights left he has to do first?? People get old and we don't know if Fury/Joshua a few years later are better or worse. I just want to happen in a Canelo vs GGG kind of way not Mayweather vs Pacquiao. It still looks too complicated.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
He could only hit him to the body if the body was there to hit. Joshua was too quick for him
I'm gonna say the obvious but the thing about body shot is, it's a really good way to open up the face (hands tend to go down when tummy hurts) or slow people down, if not seriously hurt them. Of course you have to land good body shots repeatedly and that admittedly a big IF, but body is easier to hit than head yet Ruiz didn't even try. I believe Ruiz's excused about how he partied and never took the fight as seriously as before.
Keith Chegwin wrote:

You are right that Joshua is more susceptible to being hit. But Joshua also has more punch power than Fury and if he catches Wilder clean it's going to devastate him.

It's ironic that Wilder claimed Fury had pillows for fists. Not just because it was patently untrue but because a more powerful puncher would have had him out cold. Because Fury's punches aren't that powerful, it just did Wilder more damage.
I think Fury could devastate Wilder because he took the risk and jumped in to Wilder's strong side with not as slick as guys like Lomachenko but still pretty good for a heavy weight footwork, and also has slightly longer reach. Wilder was trying to counter with jab every time Fury was throwing something, but Fury was always slightly outside of Wilder's reach cuz Fury's perfect distance management it was quite impressive really.

I don't think Joshua can pull off same kind of stuff because he isn't built like Fury and he doesn't move around like Fury, he has to do his own things and it's probably outbox (and Wilder is really good at catching out boxing opponet). Joshua would win, like, 7-8 times out of 10 but Wilder's one punch man magic is (WAS?) a quite real threat, just remember how Fury was nearly knocked out cold first time. It's a still fun fight to watch though. Ruiz vs Wilder would be fun too.

Some dweeb MMA journalist did a lengthy technical breakdown if interested, I think he makes pretty good points (yes I parroted some of his opinions :lol: but not all).

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:07 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:12 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:08 am
What for? Did King Nigger invite him?
It was the Jack Johnson pardon
Pardoning dead people. Is there a bigger virtue signal?

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:12 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:30 am
I just feel Wilder is way too delusional and kinda dumb to dodge anyone.
Maybe, but he has people around him who know his worth and they never put him in with a remotely credible opponent
AdorableOtter wrote:
He couldn't even accept the loss against Fury, dude allegedly fired one of the trainers and made some excuses about how the entry costume tired his legs (wtf).
Yeah, I've been laughing for a week straight over that

He took the fight against Fury because he thought that Fury, having rolled off the sofa after a three year booze and cocaine bender (and when he went face-to-face with Wilder after the Szpilka fight he was off his face), was going to be an easy fight. Instead he got schooled the first time and utterly dominated the second
AdorableOtter wrote:
But doesn't Joshua have some mandatory fights left he has to do first?? People get old and we don't know if Fury/Joshua a few years later are better or worse
The fight, if it doesn't happen this year will probably happen next year. That's assuming that Fury doesn't take daddy's advice and retire
AdorableOtter wrote:
I believe Ruiz's excused about how he partied and never took the fight as seriously as before.
That was obvious from the weigh-in.
AdorableOtter wrote:
I don't think Joshua can pull off same kind of stuff because he isn't built like Fury and he doesn't move around like Fury, he has to do his own things and it's probably outbox (and Wilder is really good at catching out boxing opponet).
Joshua wouldn't go in there to outbox Wilder. He said himself he'd do him in six rounds.

Wilder can't box. He just looks for the big right hand. We've seen it with Fury, punishment takes the power out of the punch. If Joshua goes in there from round one and puts Wilder on the back foot, Wilder's fucked. Because he can't use his jab, he can't fight up close and he can't fight going backwards. Keep in mind that Fury doesn't actually hit that hard and he did that to Wilder. Someone who actually can hit hard is going to destroy him
Guest wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:07 am
Pardoning dead people. Is there a bigger virtue signal?
I think he did it in part to stick to McTraitor, who lobbied for years to get Johnson pardoned. He wanted for Obama to do it, Obama didn't do it. So Trump did it, for an easy political win that left McPrick seething
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:43 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sounds like it at 1:16:
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:27 pm

This guy is killing me. He really is. You have no idea how close to death I came laughing at his 'It was the costume you guise' excuse and now this
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:28 pm

He and DSP: Separated at birth?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:40 am

And those comments :lol:

I still give props to Wilder for knocking out Charley Zelenov (super dumb thing to do yet still hilarious) but his post fight behavior is horrible. I hope Fury just retires, decisively win then just fuck off is the best punishment for this sort of cringe.

----
--
-

Meanwhile, next UFC title fight will be an absolute banger

Adesanya probably has the best striking skillset in UFC but his opponent is a Olympian wrestler also a explosive striker with one-shock KO skill (kinda like Wilder but smarter) it's definitely a fight of the year candidate. It's a shame many people considers him just a cringey weirdo even though he's a legit fucking weeb, he even has a Naruto tatoo, isn't that stupid glorious.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:24 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:40 am
but his post fight behavior is horrible.
Yeah, I've lost a lot of respect for him. Not that I had much to begin with. Knew from the first Fury fight that he was a bum with a bloated record. It's just that now Fury's not only exposed him in the ring as a bum who doesn't know how to fight, but also outside the ring as a total bitch nigga who doesn't know how to lose
AdorableOtter wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:40 am
I hope Fury just retires, decisively win then just fuck off is the best punishment for this sort of cringe.
That would be best, but as long as Fury and Anthony Joshua still want to fight, Wilder's got Fury hostage. If Wilder doesn't take the step aside money they'll probably have to fight. The only alternative is to go to court which means Fury could be laid off for a year and then he might have to fight Wilder again anyway.

I just can't fathom a man who wants another rematch against a guy he had no answer for in two fights
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:20 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:43 am
AdorableOtter wrote:
Sounds like it at 1:16:
Hol up! So you be sayin wez gun be kingz n shiet?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:43 pm

Finally some good news.

Tyron Woodley as champ decides to throw on all kinds of BLM gear.

It doesn't work, as Colby Covington pounds him to a pulp.
Then this happens:
Then Trump calls himShow
...and still: Spoony did nothing.