Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Tony Schiavone

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Tony Schiavone » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:13 pm

No one is going to call Harley Quinn a criminal mastermind. And she can't get beat up by Batman for obvious reasons, and isn't a challenge at all to Wonder Woman or any actual DC heroines.
Her presence just makes the stories even more stupid and contrived.

She's the Stephanie McMahon of comics.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:32 pm

She was used well in B:TAS. The problem, as always, is just hacks not understanding the point of the character. She's not a 'sidekick'. She's a henchgirl. Same as the nondescript clowns the Joker normally uses except this one's descript and had a really cool design. She's also not a stronk empowered wymyn. She has severe, severe battered woman syndrome. She rolls with a murderous, psychopathic clown and is, for all intents and purposes, basically his enabler.

More recent incarnations took away the cool design and they took away the battered woman syndrome aspect. She's not even really the same character any more. I'd struggle to call this new interpretation even a character
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:56 pm

Her original incarnation was such a massive airhead that she should've had the ability to levitate. There was no room for any complex thoughts in her mind.
Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:13 am
Mavel did this exact thing. For example, they replaced Tony Stark with a black teenage girl who loves science named Riri Williams at the height of Marvel movie popularity. (I don't read this crap, but apparently Stark was killed off by Captain Marvel, and has since been replaced by a clone and Capt. Marvel never faces any consequences.) Captain America was revealed to have always been a secret Nazi for his whole career. He has apparently been replaced by a non-Nazi copy that was...created by a cosmic cube or some stupid crap.
Sometimes I don't know what's worse: That they keep FUBARing characters to begin with, or that they retcon the FUBARing in the most asinine way possible. I mean, remember how Captain America got shot at the end of Civil War, only for it to turn out that the bullet caused him to travel back in time or some shit.
DC is planning to replace Green Lantern with a black teenage girl who loves science and hacked the Green Lantern battery or whatever controls Green Lantern rings and made it give her a ring. Apparently this character was created by the same guy that created the Iron Man teenage girl replacement.
I can see the creator being the same guy, considering this backstory is basically the same as Reeree's.
And I guess the Green Lantern of Color they already have is not good enough anymore. Must be because of his army background.
RedLine wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:07 am
Early storyboards for the next-gen Avengers:
SpoilerShow
It pains me that I've seen this before. This Bad Webcomics Wiki will be the end of me.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:36 pm

Where in the fuck is that web comic from? Buckley?
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:41 pm

Nope. It's called Questionable Content (or more accurately "Boring Slice-of-Life Webcomic No. 4,589"), made by a guy who desparately tries to pander to a SJW audience. An audience that once bullied him into going apeshit to the point he stabbed his own hand.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:43 pm

I don't think it's been mentioned here but the red haired one is supposed to be a tranny and the black haired one is happy to see benis.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:48 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:56 pm
DC is planning to replace Green Lantern with a black teenage girl who loves science and hacked the Green Lantern battery or whatever controls Green Lantern rings and made it give her a ring. Apparently this character was created by the same guy that created the Iron Man teenage girl replacement.
I can see the creator being the same guy, considering this backstory is basically the same as Reeree's.
And I guess the Green Lantern of Color they already have is not good enough anymore. Must be because of his army background.
Yup Bendis made both those bitches. What makes the negress GL so egregious is that she is fucking 9 years old that is from Bolivia that pulls this bullshit off. My brothers and I couldn't believe it due to how stupid it was. A 9 year old mastering alien technology. One of my brothers even joked that they can't even get decent Wi-Fi there. Where the hell would she get the tech to hack the lantern.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:02 pm

Alien technology which, to my knowledge, has never been portrayed as being hackable in the first place*. Guess Reeree 2.0 must have that "next step of human evolution"-tier super autism from that last Predator movie.

*) Also you'd think the Guardians would make extra sure this can't happen considering one of their past software bugs caused a bunch of robot cops to murder billions.
Even then, finding out some chick just hacked your most important piece of technology might cause them to consider somewhat drastic measures.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:50 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:34 am
CIANigger wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:05 am
Two guesses as to what color skin the writer has
(It doesn't matter if you're) Black or White.
Hey Moe, you’re a based black guy, explain to me why coloreds (the proper way to say POCs) think that they’re better than everyone else? I know white men are the common enemy, but they’ll keep tearing apart anyone who stands between them and their own personal goals, even cannibalizing each other.

Btw should post this in movie thread but hack fraud magic negro Jordan Peele is making a new Candyman movie. He wrote the screenplay so I imagine it’ll be as subtle as a jackhammer to a nail, unlike the original that did that shit well.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:46 am

Still can't believe a fucking comedian from MadTV is being treated like a master of horror. It'd be like putting Rolfe in charge of the MCU, or letting Spoony work the drive thru instead of scrubbing urinals.