Boxing/MMA

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Boxing/MMA

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:18 am

Both are invited. Come on, don't go all Fake News on us.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:46 am

Yeah but Wilder's been before and he got beat like a bitch. It's only notable cause of Fury.
Frank Warren says the Pope wants to see Fury as well, but I'm calling bullshit on that
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:08 am

What for? Did King Nigger invite him?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:12 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:08 am
What for? Did King Nigger invite him?
It was the Jack Johnson pardon
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:22 am

That the long since dead boxing nigger?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:35 am

Yes. It was ceremonial but hey, Lewis, Rocky and To This Day got to go to the White House
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:49 am

Funny selection. One actual boxer, one dude that only played one and then Wilder, a dude I haven't even heard about. Was Foreman busy or something? Where's Tyson?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:58 am

He's invited Mike a couple of times. Guess he didn't want to come. Either that or he couldn't get Tyson security clearance.
Maybe he'll come with Fury

I'm actually surprised he didn't get Tyson myself. Johnson was pretty much the Mike Tyson of his day
Kugelfisch wrote:

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:59 pm

Colby Covington (edgelord UFC fighter, Trump supporter) went to the white house too and he wasn't even a champion. Trump is just a fanboi there is no deep meaning in these things.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:34 am

Bullshit. Wilder wanted 50/50 to fight Joshua. Joshua has most of the belts, the better record and draws in much bigger crowds (Joshua sold out Wembley at 90,000. The first fight with Fury sold something like 30,000 and most of them were there to see Fury) Yet Wilder thinks he deserves 50/50.
It's a dodge, plain and simple. Wilder's never been in there with a top level opponent. This would have happened years ago if he had. Wilder's a bum and a hype job. Wilder can complain that Joshua wasn't offering enough money but he would have made something like $120 million on that fight alone if he did the DAZN deal. Instead he fought Fury for much less and got schooled twicef
By your logic I can make a pretty similar argument how Joshua refused to pay hence dodged Wilder because he can make easy money by just fighting tomato cans.
Negociantion failure doesn't automatically logically mean "dodge," it could be just a pure financial business decision. Also why was he negotiating when he could just ignore (or literally doudge) Josua entirely. Isn't that kinda self contradictory?

Honestly I think the biggest obstacle is the conflict of interest of promoters/broadcast networks, as always. The point is, it never happens no matte what.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:34 am
AdorableOtter wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:16 am
motivated Sanchez can most likely do it again
Bullshit again. People point to Ruiz's lack of fitness to take away from AJ's comeback victory. Ruiz was never fit, on his worst day AJ had him on the canvas and frankly I don't see Ruiz being a stone or two lighter making much difference at all.

And that people's opinion is wrong. What actually happened was, in their second fight Nigger was super careful of Taco's looping punches yet he still got hit. Also Taco's problem was not just the lack of conditioning. The bigger problem was, Taco clearly lacked strategy and just lazily repeated what he did in the first fight. If he went for the body Taco at least had a better chance rather than just getting touch boxed to the end. Nigger was hopping around like a bonobo on meth but Taco never went for the body that's just retarded.
If lazy Taco can still hit him, pre-exposure one punch man Wilder can do it too.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:29 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:59 pm
Colby Covington (edgelord UFC fighter, Trump supporter) went to the white house too and he wasn't even a champion. Trump is just a fanboi there is no deep meaning in these things.
Trump's a big fight fan and he's actually done a lot for boxing. A lot of Mike Tyson's most successful fights were at Trump resorts, and you can actually see him here at one of Mike's fights
AdorableOtter wrote:
By your logic I can make a pretty similar argument how Joshua refused to pay hence dodged Wilder because he can make easy money by just fighting tomato cans.
You can make that argument, and people do, but it doesn't really play. Joshua's done his best to clear out the division and has fought a lot more top ten rated Heavyweights than Wilder. He has three of the four belts. Wilder, by contrast, has never fought a top ten ranked Heavyweight or had a single unification bout the entire time he was champion. It's not just AJ. He didn't want to fight Klitschko. He didn't want to fight Joseph Parker. He didn't even want to fight Charles Fucking Martin and look at how easily AJ destroyed him.

It could well be that both fighters wanted to fight and it was promoters and managers getting in the way. But I'd say that if anybody was dodging anybody it's Wilder dodging Joshua.
AdorableOtter wrote:
Negociantion failure doesn't automatically logically mean "dodge," it could be just a pure financial business decision. Also why was he negotiating when he could just ignore (or literally doudge) Josua entirely. Isn't that kinda self contradictory?
Because that's how the game works. Fans want to see a fight. One, or both, fighters don't really want to fight. So they do this whole routine of 'Oh we're talking about it' and they keep doing that and eventually one or both of them say 'I wanted the fight but the money wasn't right'
AdorableOtter wrote:
Honestly I think the biggest obstacle is the conflict of interest of promoters/broadcast networks, as always. The point is, it never happens no matte what.
If two fighters want to fight, they will make it happen no matter what. When Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis fought, they were on different networks. Mike Tyson used to be on HBO, switched to Showtime after the Douglas fight. Lennox Lewis was on HBO. They worked it out. Basically, both networks got the right to show the fight. If Tyson had won, Showtime would have had the right to show the repeat broadcast. Because Lennox won, HBO got the right to show the repeat. They got Michael Buffer and Jimmy Lennon Jr to introduce the fighters

There's not even network exclusivity problems preventing AJ and Wilder from fighting because all Wilder's fights are shown on Sky, the same network AJ is on, in the UK and AJ doesn't have a specific deal in place with the US networks. There are bigger exclusivity problems with a potential AJ vs Fury and yet they think that fight will be much easier to work out
AdorableOtter wrote:
in their second fight Nigger was super careful of Taco's looping punches yet he still got hit.
Yet Ruiz's punches never seemed to do any real damage. Joshua ate a few flush hooks in the first fight as well. It wasn't the punches themselves that devastated Joshua in the first fight but where they hit him. Behind the ear and on the temple. Two good shots there would finish anybody.
AdorableOtter wrote:

Also Taco's problem was not just the lack of conditioning. The bigger problem was, Taco clearly lacked strategy and just lazily repeated what he did in the first fight. If he went for the body Taco at least had a better chance rather than just getting touch boxed to the end. Nigger was hopping around like a bonobo on meth but Taco never went for the body that's just retarded.
He could only hit him to the body if the body was there to hit. Joshua was too quick for him
AdorableOtter wrote:

If lazy Taco can still hit him, pre-exposure one punch man Wilder can do it too.
You are right that Joshua is more susceptible to being hit. But Joshua also has more punch power than Fury and if he catches Wilder clean it's going to devastate him.

It's ironic that Wilder claimed Fury had pillows for fists. Not just because it was patently untrue but because a more powerful puncher would have had him out cold. Because Fury's punches aren't that powerful, it just did Wilder more damage.
Kugelfisch wrote: