Blizzcon lol

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Dehbashi

Re: Blizzcon lol

Post by Dehbashi » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:11 pm

Nah. Wow is getting a new expansion at the end of the year with Shadowlands

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:31 pm

Why can't they let WoW die with some dignity? It's been a shambling corpse since the 3rd expansion.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:51 pm

They will milk that cow till the last fucking cent, mate.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:40 pm

The servers are bought and paid for and can be utilized for all kinds of other shit anyway. The fewer people actually play WoW, the less strain on the few left over servers. All an expansion costs them is a hand full of blue-haired programming fuckboys and some electricity.
If "private server" groups can keep their shit up just from donations, Blizzard can keep that shit running for years to come.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:26 am

Dehbashi wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:11 pm
Nah. Wow is getting a new expansion at the end of the year with Shadowlands
They've been phoning in the story since Warlords of Dreanor. They direct rip off the plot of Back to the Future 2 where the Horde chief at the time pulls a Biff Tanon, goes back in time and makes the Orcs Great Again and......everything in that timeline plays out nearly the exact same as the main timeline.

Main time line;
-Orcs are barbarian race from Dreanor, with DIVERSE tribes
-Orcs make deal with demons
-Orcs kill Space Goat refugees illegal immigrants
-Orcs invade Azeroth through Dark portal
-Orcs and demons are beaten by heroes and armies of Azeroth
-Orcs contemplate their place in the world and go back to their Roots

Iron Horde time line;
-Orcs are barbarian race from Dreanor, with DIVERSE tribes
*Orcs are told by future Orc not to make deal with demons
-Orcs kill Space Goat illegal immigrants
*Orcs try to invade through Dark Portal, but this time with gun powder
*Orcs are easily routed on their home turf and don't really make it into Azeroth
-Orcs make deal with demons
*Orcs kill more Space Goats
*Orcs invade Azeroth through Dark portal after deal they eventually make after losing so hard
-Orcs are beaten by heroes and armies of Azeroth
-Orcs contemplate their place in the world and go back to their Roots
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:54 pm

I'm sure a true believer of WoW lore could educate you on the monumental and deep changes this alternate timeline created.

(Also it's like they wanted to to time travel without actually having to change anything...)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:29 am

Warcraft lore is nothing but fanfic bullshit to me. While autistic to care too much about, Warhammer, MTG, Star Trek, Star Wars, LOTR and even Harry Potter have actual lore. Warcraft is so much of a lazy copy, even within the realm of High Fiction, and such a sloppy mess that I can't take anyone seriously that talks about it's lore.
It's like taking the Archie Comics Sanic lore serious to even the slightest degree. Warcraft is the Street Sharks to Warhammer's TMNT but somehow 1000% less cool and even less respectable.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:14 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:29 am
Warcraft lore is nothing but fanfic bullshit to me. While autistic to care too much about, Warhammer, MTG, Star Trek, Star Wars, LOTR and even Harry Potter have actual lore. Warcraft is so much of a lazy copy, even within the realm of High Fiction, and such a sloppy mess that I can't take anyone seriously that talks about it's lore.
It's like taking the Archie Comics Sanic lore serious to even the slightest degree. Warcraft is the Street Sharks to Warhammer's TMNT but somehow 1000% less cool and even less respectable.
Old God's = Lovecraft
Lich King = Darth Vader
Orcs vs Humans = LotR

I could go on and on. The Shadowlands expac? It's fucking Planescape! God fucking damn it why won't WotC sue?!
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:23 am

For the same reason that Games Workshop doesn't. It's already not the most original work that barely stands up in court, suing the knockoff of your knockoff would create a case upon which one could reasonably sue anyone using orks as infringing upon LotR rights and such.
If you're copying yourself you don't want to drag attention to whoever copied you.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:53 am

Games Workshop sued Blizzard over dwarf gyrocopters in Warcraft back in the day.

They're lucky Blizzard settled, because they went to court a few years ago over "space marine" and got their asses kicked. Turns out their trademarks apply solely to pushing toy soldiers around on a table and not to any multimedia shit.