Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:20 pm
I never got how people can still rewatch a movie for the 150th time even when they know it scene by scene word for word....
To see if it stands the test of time (although you have those types to ruin it because it's a part of history and it's "problematic") because they really like it and/or it defines them. I don't know.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:51 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:16 pm
Guest wrote:
I never got how people can still rewatch a movie for the 150th time even when they know it scene by scene word for word....
To see if it stands the test of time (although you have those types to ruin it because it's a part of history and it's "problematic") because they really like it and/or it defines them. I don't know.
Standing the test of time can be judged with 2 viewings, 1 original viewing and then 5/10 years later. Im talking about them saying they have fallback movies or movies they just watch multiple times a year.
No matter how great a movie was or is I just cant get into it the same when I know the exact thing that will come out of their mouths or what scene is up next.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:57 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:51 pm
Moe Bitches wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:16 pm
Guest wrote:
Standing the test of time can be judged with 2 viewings, 1 original viewing and then 5/10 years later. Im talking about them saying they have fallback movies or movies they just watch multiple times a year.
No matter how great a movie was or is I just cant get into it the same when I know the exact thing that will come out of their mouths or what scene is up next.
Consoomer needs more to consoom.

When you realize everything has already been done and that every "new movie" is a rehash of an older movie etc, you can get over it.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:57 pm

Here's what you might call a bit of a hot take - I really don't care for Goldfinger, at all.

I'm all for a cartoony, fun Bond flick - the Roger Moore films are incredibly entertaining - but my main issue with Goldfinger is the characters. Bond doesn't particularly hate Goldfinger. Goldfinger barely notices Bond's existence(in fact, he keeps him alive later on to keep the CIA off his back). Oddjob doesn't really become amusing until the very end, when he's giving Bond that shit-eating grin. Pussy Galore is not only unattractive, but also just a weak character in general. She's kind of a lesbian, then Bond converts her, then she randomly decides to forget about the deal of a lifetime and warns the US military.

It's such a shame the film is so shallow, because it's visually spectacular. The colors pop and John Barry's score carries so much of the film. That goddamn theme tune is so fucking catchy and the film would move at a snail's pace without it. But yeah, in spite of its admirable confidence and cheeky attitude, I usually get bored about halfway through the film, even though Connery and the production team are obviously at their peak.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:28 pm

Rushy wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:57 pm
Here's what you might call a bit of a hot take - I really don't care for Goldfinger, at all.

I'm all for a cartoony, fun Bond flick - the Roger Moore films are incredibly entertaining - but my main issue with Goldfinger is the characters. Bond doesn't particularly hate Goldfinger. Goldfinger barely notices Bond's existence(in fact, he keeps him alive later on to keep the CIA off his back). Oddjob doesn't really become amusing until the very end, when he's giving Bond that shit-eating grin. Pussy Galore is not only unattractive, but also just a weak character in general. She's kind of a lesbian, then Bond converts her, then she randomly decides to forget about the deal of a lifetime and warns the US military.

It's such a shame the film is so shallow, because it's visually spectacular. The colors pop and John Barry's score carries so much of the film. That goddamn theme tune is so fucking catchy and the film would move at a snail's pace without it. But yeah, in spite of its admirable confidence and cheeky attitude, I usually get bored about halfway through the film, even though Connery and the production team are obviously at their peak.
You want an even hotter take? I think 90% of Bond movies are either utterly rtarded or just plain boring. Whenever I watch one of these movies I wonder how this series ever became this big. Its a load of cringe and stupidity to me. When I was a kid I still found some of them fun but as an adult whenever one is on TV I just couldnt get through it and kept thinking "why did I ever like this?"

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:13 am

You're right. Liking Bond usually involves digging through the shit to find something worth caring about, like Dalton's performance in a cheap Cannon production of a movie. For No Time To Die, it'll probably be Ana de Armas' hot body and nothing else.

The EW article is hilarious. This isn't your father's Bond! This Bond respects women! He's a 21st century man! Drumph!

So if you though a movie produced by an angry woke feminist (who despises everything about the franchise her father and brother built up) would actually be good, you be wrong.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:28 am

I liked Golden Eye. The chick that kills people with her legs makes me lul every time. And Bond driving a tank through Moscow not giving a fuck. License to kill yes. License to drive no.... :lol:
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:52 am

Rushy wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:57 pm
>getting bored of a James Bond movie halfway through

You have more endurance than I have. Something about the pacing and overall structure is just always off.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:46 am

The Connery Moore era is particularly hard to sit through. Brosnan probably has the most watchable tenure, while Tomorrow Never Dies might end upon the only movie with relevance thanks to its computer and media manipulating plot. Specter tried but was gay as hell.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:31 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:52 am
You have more endurance than I have. Something about the pacing and overall structure is just always off.
Well, it's kind of like Indiana Jones in that they're big budget adventure serials. But Indiana Jones is a far more likable and interesting character than Bond, not to mention there's the historical aspect with him(learning about mythology and such).

With Bond, there's a lot of factors that often bog the movies down. For one, there's so many must-be tropes that writers have to include - Bond HAS to do this and he HAS to do that. Then somebody finds a crocodile farm and Bond HAS to hang out there for like 10 minutes of screentime.

Also, if there's a shit Bond villain, the movie is automatically fucked. From Russia With Love is awesome because it focuses on SPECTRE as a whole rather than putting the spotlight on Blofeld, not to mention the Cold War side of it. Goldfinger on the other hand just has a rich asshole. That's it. That's what we're here for. A rich asshole wants to get into Fort Knox and Bond has to stop him. There's nothing else going on.

EDIT: The Brosnan era was immediately superior because they finally let go the director who did all the 1980s films.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.