DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Salmonella

Re: DSP Thread: Bugged Forum mechanics

Post by Salmonella » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:50 pm

While watching his "Connecticut Bucket List videos" I realized that this was basically the exact same thing he did during his wedding vacation. He really knows how to treat a dame.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:52 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:39 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:35 pm
Doesn't he play SSF2 with Dee Jay and Vega/Claw, though? I'm under the impression (which may be totally wrong, since I'm not really into FG autism, although I like to read about it) that shotos that aren't Akuma or Violent Ken aren't that good.
Yes, but Dee Jay is bottom tier in SF4 and Vega is low tier. DSP is a tier whore. Shotos are also super easy to play and simple to understand compared to a character like Vega. Not only does Vega have no tools, but he has a lot of weird and crazy BS and you have to know when to go nuts. Akuma, Ken and Rose are easy high tiers in SF4 that require very little thought to use. And Ryu is a solid mid tier who is dead simple to play.
Charge characters playing off of my IQ, get dat ass banned!
Thing about shotos is that if you can play one you can play all of them and while some may not be that great there's always at least one that's good in most cases.
Ryu in V is bottom tier, Ken meanwhile was top tier for quite a while.

That and we're talking about fucking Phil here. Nigger doesn't ever do any red combos. Imagine playing a game for years and years and never having done anything even remotely impressive. As much as he complains about "online combos" he's a pure online warrior. Imagine playing Counter Strike for years every day against random online fucks and never ever having aced a round. It's like the guy has no zone.
No matter what game you play dedicated for years, you're bound to do some impressive shit every once in a while, pretty much by accident even in the worst case. You just react to shit and for a short while it's like you can read the matrix or something.

When I was 16 I attended one of the biggest LAN parties in my area with several hundreds of people attending. I was mostly playing UT 03 and CS 1.6. Somewhen on the second day we were drinking and I was playing CS. I listened to Slipknot's Iowa album on repeat, we played Dust and I aced a round while blinded by a flasbang as a CT.
That was likely the most dominant round of CS I played that LAN, so impressive that the next day a dude, while we were outside having a smoke, looked at my name tag and was like "Oh, dude, you're [name]? Dude, you fucked us up real good yesterday!".
Point is I was in the ZONE. Even after a short time you'll eventually have these moments where you'll perform well above your usual capabilities and you have no real control over that. I'm not exactly tooting my own horn mentioning a point half of a lifetime ago of my own as an example. But those usually happen all the time is my point and those few moments do stick with people that see them. I've never seen Phil doing that. Ever. Dude's been suspiciously mediocre in fact. Like he's legit vidya retarded or something.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:09 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:52 am
Eh once season 2 came out with akuka and them getting there shit nerfed it pretty much made them the two worst shotos.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:14 am

mad bum wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:09 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Eh once season 2 came out with akuka and them getting there shit nerfed it pretty much made them the two worst shotos.
That's why I said "for a while" ya daft git.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:00 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:39 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:35 pm
Doesn't he play SSF2 with Dee Jay and Vega/Claw, though? I'm under the impression (which may be totally wrong, since I'm not really into FG autism, although I like to read about it) that shotos that aren't Akuma or Violent Ken aren't that good.
Yes, but Dee Jay is bottom tier in SF4 and Vega is low tier. DSP is a tier whore. Shotos are also super easy to play and simple to understand compared to a character like Vega. Not only does Vega have no tools, but he has a lot of weird and crazy BS and you have to know when to go nuts. Akuma, Ken and Rose are easy high tiers in SF4 that require very little thought to use. And Ryu is a solid mid tier who is dead simple to play.
Charge characters playing off of my IQ, get dat ass banned!
Thing about shotos is that if you can play one you can play all of them and while some may not be that great there's always at least one that's good in most cases.

That and we're talking about fucking Phil here. Nigger doesn't ever do any red combos. Imagine playing a game for years and years and never having done anything even remotely impressive. As much as he complains about "online combos" he's a pure online warrior. Imagine playing Counter Strike for years every day against random online fucks and never ever having aced a round. It's like the guy has no zone.
Yeah, I was fucking around in third strike a few days ago. I was awful with everyone and had forgotten most of my shit, but I could pick up Ryu super 2 and do basic scrub stuff that I've seen Phail do, like low mk into hadouken, low mk into shoryu super cancel etc. Super cancels with shin shoryu do insane damage. And basic 50/50 shit on their wakeup. Akuma is the same way in the Alpha games. He's really good and if you can play a shoto in any SF game then you can do well with Akuma. Shotos are so universal in their mechanics that someone like Phail can take his 30+ years of MUH SKEET FIGHTA TWOOO and just play whatever SF game is currently big by abusing basic shoto stuff against online scrubs.

And there's always, always a good shoto in every SF game. Usually more than one. Ken is good in most of the games. If you play Vega, Gief, etc, you can never be sure if your main will be trash tier or not. That's if your main is even in the next games, which it often won't be if you use someone less known, like Rolento or Yang.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:46 am

Case in point, Ken is top 2 in Third Strike. Only beaten by Chun Li. Sweep cancel into any special you want. Easy dial combos for days. Learn how to parry and you're a tournament winner.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:14 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:46 am
Case in point, Ken is top 3 in Third Strike. Only beaten by Chun Li and Yun.
Those 2 are in a league in there own, but yeah he's still crazy good.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:46 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Case in point, Ken is top 2 in Third Strike. Only beaten by Chun Li. Sweep cancel into any special you want. Easy dial combos for days. Learn how to parry and you're a tournament winner.
Let's just take a sec to go over DSP's sterling character choices in SF to prove my point:

Third Strike: Ken. He fucks around with Urien and a truly awful Hugo, but when his ego is on the line, piggy runs to Ken. Top tier as fuck character with super low execution. Low mk into shippu is a staple for scrubs like him and it works because you can't really do anything about it at low and mid levels of skill, or online with lag. As much as DSP cries about lag, shotos work amazingly well in lag because shit like fireballs and easy combos hit more than they should in lag. He's an online scrub.

Alpha 3: Rose, Bison and now Akuma. Akuma and Rose are basically both shotos. He doesn't know anything about how to use Rose though. He gets wins because scrubs are playing that shitty ps4 collection and Rose has massive range on her normals. All he does with Bison is spam a-ism kick super, which is a reversal with invincibility on startup. His akuma is just a shoto from any SF and akuma is top tier in Alpha.

SFIV/USFIV: He mains nobody because he sucks dick at SF4, but he used Rose, Ryu and Akuma the most on his last streams of the game. Again, Rose is a super easy high tier for SFIV. Very simple and powerful Ultra that gets you out of jail free on a character who already has great normals, projectiles and backdash. Akuma is probably top 10 in Ultra. Some would place him higher, but Evil Ryu and Ken exist as well.

SF2: This is the only game where he shows any variety in his choices and strays from shotos. He feels the most comfortable here. Uses everyone, but mains Dee Jay. Dee Jay in SF2 is basically just a charge shoto. Has all the same tools but with the commands switched to charge inputs.

You might think from this list that DSP is some kind of Shoto fan, like Daigo or something. Nah. He used Vega in tournaments and Balrog as well. Shotos are easiest for him to scrub out wins with online. Since they're motion characters, he doesn't have to worry about charge buffering or holding charge while fighting in lag. Doesn't have to worry about whether or not his character is low tier, since he always picks high tiers from the jump.

I don't remember who he used in SFV. I don't think he ever got good enough to have a "main" in that game. I do remember him playing a lot of unga akuma before he ragequit the game.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:21 am

mad bum wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:14 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Case in point, Ken is top 3 in Third Strike. Only beaten by Chun Li and Yun.
Those 2 are in a league in there own, but yeah he's still crazy good.
Few years ago I would've agreed but several tournaments limited how often you're allowed to juggle and even in those without limitations he's considered worse than Ken by many.

Edit: As for Alpha Rose, low roundhouse all day every day. That's all you ever need to know.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:22 am

I have a question: why does all his detractors, especially on Twitter, sprout their shitty taste in things and just plainly have bad taste?