Star Dreck

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Dreck

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:42 pm

Kinda makes sense if you think about it. How are we ever going to get from Current Year to Star Trek Utopia if WW3 keeps taking its sweet-ass time?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:50 am

ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:17 pm

Better than what we have now, yes. I don't believe it myself, though.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:54 pm

I like to think that things can only go up under different ownership, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:57 pm

Never gunna happen. ViacomCBS are probably going through hell to untangle the mess that is the Star Trek licence. They're not going to go and create yet another Star Trek licence for MacFarlane to play with
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:59 pm

He can always try to adapt the Star Fleet Battles license.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:49 pm

Not to give Macfarlane any credit or anything, but if he were to buy the Star Trek license, he could just easily decanonize the entire Kelvin Timeline + associated post-Enterprise canon as a "What If" scenario (similar to what Disney did with the old Star Wars EU) as an ultimate middle finger to JJ, Lindelof, and Kurtzman & start off fresh with something in line with the quality of TNG (post-Season 1) and Deep Space Nine.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:58 pm

A new licence would naturally ignore that stuff anyway
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:17 am

There is something endearing about spending your millions on getting custody of that nerd property you've always loved that makes me want to believe the rumor.
Plus it would probably make the blue checkmarks livid - despite being a libshit himself, SJWs hate Macfarlane.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:21 am

They might well give it to him at some point. He's done a better job, as a parody, of making a Star Trek that people know and love than the people they gave it to make an official continuation. I just don't see them selling it to him, with the licence situation and rights being such a mess and with the re-merger designed, at least in part, to fix all of that.
Kugelfisch wrote: