Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:50 pm

Cuckara wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:36 pm
God forbid you focus on making a good story; you should instead make sure that 50%, or more, of the dialogue is recited by female characters. If this app catches on in Hollywood, then we're really fucked.
I'm pretty sure what will actually happen is that people run scripts of famous "sexist" and "progressive" movies through the app and laugh at the results.
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:57 pm
One issue I think is how erratic DC has been on the 'quality' of their cinematic universe capeshit - Birds of Prey is the third of eight movies to get any kind of positive press, plus from what I'm seeing on Fagbook I think a lot of people are convinced they'd have to watch Suicide Squad first and they don't want to.
Warner basically has no idea what to do with the DC property, which just ends up confusing any potential target audience.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:29 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:16 pm
Or, it could be that Birds of Prey is woke trash & normies are getting tired of woke trash?
Exactly. If it was Suicide Squad Harley running around with her ass and tits out while fighting John Wick-style this thing would have made bank. Instead it was a woke mess that made Obi-Wan Adultery go full faggot.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:29 pm
Guest wrote:
Or, it could be that Birds of Prey is woke trash & normies are getting tired of woke trash?
Exactly. If it was Suicide Squad Harley running around with her ass and tits out while fighting John Wick-style this thing would have made bank. Instead it was a woke mess that made Obi-Wan Adultery go full faggot.
Right. It's R rated ffs. Just a few f-bombs here and there and some violence.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:15 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:51 pm
Guest wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:29 pm
Guest wrote:
Right. It's R rated ffs. Just a few f-bombs here and there and some violence.
Movies are pointless. I can see people say nigger and fuck and piss and ca-ca on the internet for free. I can watch actual people and women get hacked apart too.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:02 am

"Suicide Squad" is one of the worst movies I've ever seen and "Birds of Prey" just looks like more of it. That's why it's bombing.

That and Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn isn't all that compelling. I can't remember anything she did in "Suicide Squad" except wear hotpants.

Point and counterpoint:

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:17 am

So disingenuous. Also, nothing wrong with sexualizing celebrities. Women do it all the time for everything, hence the popularity of kpop fagbands. If Margot got full frontal and the movie didn't take itself so fucking seriously I might have checked it out.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:17 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:17 am
So disingenuous. Also, nothing wrong with sexualizing celebrities. Women do it all the time for everything, hence the popularity of kpop fagbands. If Margot got full frontal and the movie didn't take itself so fucking seriously I might have checked it out.
Meh just watch Wolf of Wall Street. It's WAY better and includes full frontal from her.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:46 am

Every genre movie with women in the lead roles these days gets treated like it's the VERY FIRST ONE EVER.

Apparently, part of being "woke" when it comes to movie critique is to have zero knowledge of any film history that happened before the last two weeks.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:35 am

Yeah. Back to the HitB Ghostbusters 2016 review (god time flies). These people have either never seen stuff like Kill Bill, Karate Girl (ew), Alien, T2, etc, or at least they chose not to remember those because written by men.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:36 am

She bitches about men hating women but women didn't see it either. Women = misogynists.