Movieblob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movieblob

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:00 am

No, seriously, they aren't banned in the same way other one-hand-operable knives are restricted. Dumb shitkids in the 90s were flooding hospitals because they cut their fingers trying to do spinny tricks. When I was a kid you could get them fucking everywhere, including claw machines at the fair.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:42 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:05 pm
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:16 pm
Not to mention that the T2 shotgun had to be modified so he could do that.
Yup. It's a Winchester 1887 (technically a 1901) and you have to have a larger, rounder lever to make that possible. Enables you to do that spinny reload but makes it much worse to use it normally.
Trying to spin this around won't work, unless your goal is to break your fingers.

Modified ones seem to rare I couldn't even find a picture of one that isn't tiny. As you can see it also has to have a shortened barrel so you don't hit yourself in the face.
Slower to reload, shorter barrel and loads of practise for no benefit over a pump-action or semi-automatic.

But I'm sure Blob also would pick that one because his reason for picking revolvers is likely that he thinks he's Revolver Ocelot.
phpBB [video]
So is Blob gonna replace his severed hand with that of LiquidSpoony after he cuts it off?

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:02 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:00 am
No, seriously, they aren't banned in the same way other one-hand-operable knives are restricted. Dumb shitkids in the 90s were flooding hospitals because they cut their fingers trying to do spinny tricks. When I was a kid you could get them fucking everywhere, including claw machines at the fair.
If they were that cheap, you get one, dull the fuck out of it and practice with it.

When I was doing knife stuff, I had access to a whole inventory of knives and swords. I luckily got my hands one of these balisong trainers.

Never got super fast with it or did weird tricks, but if I needed to pop the blade out of one in a single motion, I could. But why do that when I had this in my back pocket?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:08 am

A thumb knob on the side of the knife is all you need to turn any knife into a switchblade. Get the blade decently loose and it'll come out much faster than any balisong. It's also completely legal almost everywhere.

Don't feel like loosening your knife up? In many places, assisted-opening knives are completely legal. It's basically a switchblade with a design that isn't shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:13 am

I've actually been looking for a good knife to carry.
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:22 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:13 am
Depends what kind you want and what you want it for. The primary pocketknife I use is a little enlan chinese number with wooden scales and a thumb knob with no assist. It's cheap and functional. It's shitty enough that losing it wouldn't cost me much except the sentimental value. But it works great and it's a one-hand opener. I do consider one-hand opening to be necessary for me. I always have something in my other hand when I need a knife.

https://www.gearbest.com/with-lock-fold ... 80288.html

This is similar to what I have. I didn't buy it on this website though, so don't take the link as a recommendation. If you want an assist opening knife that, again, doesn't cost too much, Kershaw make some decent ones with their speedsafe opening system. It's all chinese-made with 8cr13mov until you get into the high price ranges, unless you want to be a morakniv faggot and carry a knife in a plastic sheath everywhere.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:36 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:22 am
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:13 am
Depends what kind you want and what you want it for. The primary pocketknife I use is a little enlan chinese number with wooden scales and a thumb knob with no assist. It's cheap and functional. It's shitty enough that losing it wouldn't cost me much except the sentimental value. But it works great and it's a one-hand opener. I do consider one-hand opening to be necessary for me. I always have something in my other hand when I need a knife.

https://www.gearbest.com/with-lock-fold ... 80288.html

This is similar to what I have. I didn't buy it on this website though, so don't take the link as a recommendation. If you want an assist opening knife that, again, doesn't cost too much, Kershaw make some decent ones with their speedsafe opening system. It's all chinese-made with 8cr13mov until you get into the high price ranges, unless you want to be a morakniv faggot and carry a knife in a plastic sheath everywhere.
I still have my Kershaw Leek from 15 years ago.

I also have a Crawford Kasper, which has a nice meaty blade.

But I still love my Applegate Fairbairn, which I think is the best folding fighter.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:59 am

Neat. I have a fixed Applegate-Fairbairn.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:33 am

You can get decent spring-assisted knives off Amazon for less than ten bucks. There's no excuse not to have one.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:33 am
You can get decent spring-assisted knives off Amazon for less than ten bucks. There's no excuse not to have one.
Unless you're Anglo,