What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:23 pm

1) I can't remember his real name. Bite me.
2) Considering the other fictional Middle-Eastern country is run by a white-skinned waifu, I kinda zoned out when it came to proper ethnicities. I was also legit unaware this franchise sets its fictional countries in actual geographical locations besides a vague mention of its general continent.
3) He's probably self-diagnosed, either way.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:51 am

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
It's a WB game so it's basically a Batman game or rather like the latest Mad Max game with the easy flow kinda combat system. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. It's not extremely demanding in terms of skill but in this game it may be the best version of that system yet.
The grunts are there to get fucked up but the captains and warlords mix things up a bit with being invulnerable to several of your combat shenanigans. Likewise, you later get to command your own Uruk dudes. It's a nice mix between eventually being overpowered as fuck but also getting overwhelmed easily and having to adapt to enemies that don't fall to your usual tricks.

I'm not the biggest LOTR fan - actually I think the books are tedious and borderline unreadable garbage - but the setting is used very nicely here.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:38 am

I just like when they scream "RAAAAAAAAANGER!" at you. Reminds me of Witcher.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:50 am

mad bum wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:38 am
I just like when they scream "RAAAAAAAAANGER!" at you. Reminds me of Witcher.
I like the silly tongue-in-cheek shit like "I bet da ranger is roight next ta us, sittin' above us, waitin' ta attack us." when you're doing just that.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:11 am

I have a strong feeling they've stolen that line from one of dem Arkham games.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:15 am

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 am
It's the meme game of the moment but I'm enjoying Dead Cells right now.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:52 am

Dead Cells is pretty good. It does one thing very right all those Metroidvania games of recent memory did wrong: It's fast.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:03 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:51 am
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
It's a good game. Has it's flaws, but plays nicely most of the time - towards the last third, it felt a bit more repetitive and was losing some steam, but still, a good experience. I got it super cheap years ago, same with the sequel, which I should get into eventually.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:51 am
I'm not the biggest LOTR fan - actually I think the books are tedious and borderline unreadable garbage - but the setting is used very nicely here.
All right, pass the hooch to Spoony, you uncultured swine. That's a hot take if I've ever seen one. Maybe you just don't like fairy tales? I'm not some obsessed raging fanboy either (superfans of anything usually can't read to begin with), but I don't remember anybody who wasn't a Neanderthal ever talking shit about the way Tolkien was writing, if anything, he has been incredibly influential for a good reason. I still prefer Sapkowski, but I can't deny Tolkien was a master of his craft.
Last edited by Some Sick Fuck on Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:26 pm

LotR is great. One of the absolute giants of fantasy literature for a reason. In a world where 99% of fantasy writing is derivative garbage, Tolkien still stands out. If you want to talk about overrated trash, let's talk about George ArrArr Martin. His prose isn't particularly good and he takes longer to release his shit than Valve.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:25 pm

I'd disagree about Martin's prose. I'd say he writes well. I'd have to agree, however, and say he's definitely overrated. 'The American Tolkien' quote is complete nonsense and I find, as the years go by, that even if he did release the next book I have very little interest in reading it.

The most overrated fantasy writer, however, is and always will be JK Rowling
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.