Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:56 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:33 pm
Though the biggest kick in the balls is that Prometheus curbstomped a planned At the Mountains of Madness adaptation because the premise was deemed too similar.
Probably a mercy. There's what, one good Lovecraft adaption? And it's not even really an adaption, more of an "inspired by".

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:41 pm

Still better than nothing.

But the upside of a proper Lovecraft Hollywood flick would be all dem SJWs going butthurt because he was racist.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:03 pm

From Beyond is a good film.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:15 pm

Really? I'll give it a go.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:07 pm

Dagon's got some cringey acting and a flat script but the practical effects are good, it's got a nice spooky atmosphere, the production design is fantastic for a low budget film, and it captures the true spirit of Lovecraft's horror.

Namely that swarthy foreigners are godless freaks and race mixing will bring about the end of human civilization.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:41 am

From Beyond and Re-Animator aren't the most faithful adaptations (Lovecraft would've had a heart attack over Stuart Gordon shoving so much nudity and sexuality into his work), but they're a lot of fun. The Call of Cthulhu had an extremely low budget, but it's super faithful to Lovecraft's story and has a lofi charm to it. And I've heard that the 2010 adaptation of "The Colour Out of Space" is good.

Fun fact; there's an adaptation of "The Colour Out of Space" called The Curse, and it stars Wil Wheaton. I haven't seen it, but I've heard that it's shit. Another fun fact; Mario Bava, the great Italian horror film director, very nearly did a film adaptation of "The Dunwich Horror" with Boris Karloff and Christopher Lee. Tragically, the studio fired Bava from the production after one of his films flopped in the USA.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:24 pm

Rushy wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:15 pm
Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:25 pm
Even if that shit was selling (it isn't) I doubt Ooga-Boyega would see one red cent of mercy sales.
he kinda legally has to if it's his face on them
that's why all the Kylo Ren stuff has the mask, they don't have to pay Adam Driver for that
No, not all Kylo Ren figurines and such are mask only. No, they don't pay Adam Driver jack fucking shit for it. It's all one blanket payment and yielding all further rights. Disney is stupid but not that stupid. He's no Harrison Ford. He's some dude that can be happy to have been in a Star Wars movie. Sign or pass.

And to the other thing, he's a nigger that lives in L.A. where two million "net worth" don't last all that long. Sure, if he's smart he moves somewhere else and largely tells everyone to go fuck themselves. But then again: Nigger.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:27 pm

Cuckara wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:41 pm
My ranking of this clusterfuck of a "saga":

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. The Return of the Jedi
This is the objective ranking of these movies. It's scientifically proven how ESB is miles ahead of ANH and every way vastly superior to RotJ. It doesn't matter how one ranks the other SW movies below these, they are all shit.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:59 pm

You'd get a much more competitive ranking if you were to rank the video games. Much better overall quality as well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:04 pm

1. Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi. No fucking contest.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette