Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:31 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:50 pm
I don't think I could even name a memorable song for the new trilogy. I guess I could, but I think that's just some remix.
There was brief cheerful tune that played when Rey slid down the sand dune at the beginning of TFA. So about ten seconds. Great job, John!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:39 pm

Hollywood is such an overrated shitty movie. Being "meta" doesn't make it not suck, and QT ruined Robbie for me with that foot scene, faggot.

Saoirse Ronan got nominated for Little Women, the movie two feminists saw. She's cute as hell but damn are they trying to turn that little Irish tart into the next Meryl Streep.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:07 pm

John Williams had a 40 year run. After composing that brief little bit, he probably thought "fuck, I thought I was done with this shit? Who cares, I'm too old to care anymore."

That's a subtle problem with movies nowadays: no great soundtracks anymore.
The same composers are brought in over and over, running out of fresh ideas.
The rest is a bunch of generic shit.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:47 pm

Dude's just too old. If he wants to keep working and not retire he needs to go into teaching. He just doesn't have the energy and drive, and honestly he's always been overrated. He has two types of scores: those that sound like Star Wars and those that sound like Jurassic Park.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:56 pm

You're gonna have to start watching anime if you want soundtracks by people who care.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:28 am

William's career goes back before Star Wars. He was doing music for Gilligan's Island and Lost in Space. Wiki says his career began in 1952 and that he already has 5 Oscars.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:30 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:07 pm
That's a subtle problem with movies nowadays: no great soundtracks anymore.
The same composers are brought in over and over, running out of fresh ideas.
The rest is a bunch of generic shit.
Carpenter's score for the 2018 Halloween was pretty nice, but seeing as how he's the old guard, that's not saying much.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:47 pm

Billy Eyelash and her thousand-cock stare are doing the new Bond theme. I hope there's shit in there about equal pay and black supremacy. The movie is basically that cringy girl power scene from Avengers stretched into 2 and a half hours.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:57 pm

So I saw a Ricky Gervais film by the title of "The Invention of Lying". The entire plot revolves around a world in which lying was never invented and Ricky Gervais invents lying and improves his life dramatically because nobody has any concept of "being able to say something that wasn't". Went in blind and based on the fact it's Ricky Gervais, I deduced early on that he invents religion/muh Athiest views/God is dead typical pandering.

Now why did I love this movie? Because of everything it unintentionally says about people like Ricky Gervais and other so called "losers" in the film. Everyone in the society is always 100% honest about their thoughts and actions. Most of the unattractive, unproductive, genetic dead ends do not at all benefit in a society that is honest. Marriage is based on physical appearance and genetic compatibility to ensure strong children and a secure future, as it should be. Good consistent hard work is rewarded and people reap the benefits generally. One of the very best moments of the film is after he invents lying and tells is suicidal Spoony neighbor that "he has value, and shouldn't kill himself!" a blatant lie, keeping a loser alive and sucking resources from the world. The case was trying to be made for a humanitarian/compassion message, but all it does is reinforce that "Yeah...this fucker should honestly just die". Love it.

Now the overall moral is "Freedom of choice, no system is right, it's all about the individual" and all that by the end, but that honest society was natural selection at it's finest, and over all the case is more strongly reinforced that losers are shitty people that can only get by on lying and worming their way through any sort of prosperity while trying to shit on religion and failing. Definitely entertaining, but for all the wrong reasons. Good job Ricky!
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:13 pm

Rushy wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:16 pm
Cuckara wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:50 pm
It was the blandest Star Wars score John Williams has ever done
I think at this point, it's just mandatory for them to nominate Williams out of respect or nostalgia. But I agree. His score was meh even as a greatest hits. No Duel of the Fates? Seriously? Kennedy allowed Darth Maul in a Han Solo film, but no Duel of the Fates?
Well, I've got to hand it to the prequels that at least some tracks were pretty good. The door opening and Darth Maul standing there calmly while this shit starts blasting:

Truly iconic! It was at that moment when everyone in the cinema perked up in their seats, thinking that shit was finally starting to get good.
Ultimately, the fight was a bit over-choreographed and the movie overall still wasn't good. But there was a spark. There was something there that was good and could've been great.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!