Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:46 pm

The guy that's playing Snake-Eyes in the upcoming GI Joe movie complained about his face being covered up.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:04 pm

GI Joe movies are awful. The action is boring and who gives a shit about Snake Eyes? He's not even being played by Ray Park.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:11 pm

>actor whines about his acting gig because people whon't see his pretty face

The horror. What's next? Whine about not having lines after getting a role as a mute?

The entire franchise is fucking cancer right now. I mean, the comic's run by SJWs (aka the worst people for the job). Had to recently reboot everything because nobody was buying the mess they've created.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:50 pm

The Oscar nominations are out. They're about what you would expect. My thoughts:

Positives:
>The Irishman got a ton of nominations
>The Lighthouse got a nomination for best cinematography
>The academy subverted Rian Johnson's expectations by giving Knives Out only one nomination

Negatives:
>The Lighthouse got snubbed; it should've gotten a ton of nominations, not just best cinematography
>Uncut Gems was completely snubbed
>Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker ended up with three nominations. I understand giving it best special effects, but best score and best sound editing? Seriously? It was the blandest Star Wars score John Williams has ever done

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:03 pm

Rise of Skywalker's effects were garbage. Ps2 Leia and melty palpatine would like to remind you they are things.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:20 pm

True, but besides that, the special effects were fairly average, and keep in mind that the academy blatantly doesn't give a shit when it comes to the best special effects category. They always nominate the biggest blockbusters, even if the blockbusters have subpar effects (for example, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones both received best special effects nominations).

Pen Pal

Post by Pen Pal » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:32 pm

Cuckara wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:50 pm
>Uncut Gems was completely snubbed
Now Adam Sandler going to make a shitty film on purpose.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:16 pm

Cuckara wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:50 pm
It was the blandest Star Wars score John Williams has ever done
I think at this point, it's just mandatory for them to nominate Williams out of respect or nostalgia. But I agree. His score was meh even as a greatest hits. No Duel of the Fates? Seriously? Kennedy allowed Darth Maul in a Han Solo film, but no Duel of the Fates?

I'm so done with the twin suns theme and that cheerful tune they always play when the Falcon flies over. It's great music, but please, have mercy.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:50 pm

I don't think I could even name a memorable song for the new trilogy. I guess I could, but I think that's just some remix.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:00 pm

I did hum Kylo's theme a couple of times, but I think it's a reworked theme from the prequels
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.