Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Retro Games

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:58 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:50 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:27 pm
They'd just do a shitty port of the PSP port.
You know they would, too. The PSP version fucking sucks ass. Terrible new translation, added slowdown and added loading times.
I thought Piss1's translation was supposed to be the shit one.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:25 am

PS1 was just poorly edited, so it got kind of engrish at times. PSP has this flowery ye olde english added to it because muh medevul yurope. Also from what i heard, the slowdown was intentionally programed the PSP port, so i bet they'd try to find some way to add that feature into the PC port.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:37 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:25 am
PS1 was just poorly edited, so it got kind of engrish at times. PSP has this flowery ye olde english added to it because muh medevul yurope. Also from what i heard, the slowdown was intentionally programed the PSP port, so i bet they'd try to find some way to add that feature into the PC port.
This. The ps1 translation is a literal translation with engrish-y mistakes. Perfectly acceptable imo. The PSP version inserted fake old english (it is neither old, nor proper english btw) into the game and purple prose'd it to fuck. It's a nightmare.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:04 am

How fare the Blades?

>playing Vagrant Story
>while Never Had A Dream Come True and Hanging By A Moment play on the radio
>ensuring I'll never forget them ever

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:04 pm

Shit, that reminds me of this infamous "All according to keikaku"-style "authentic" fan translation of FF6, except in reverse.
Guest wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:25 am
If the slowdown was intentionally programmed into the PSP port, you can bet your ass that removing it would be additional work. Can't have that. Just emulate and go!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Bestie Picks BAE

Post by Bestie Picks BAE » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:50 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:04 am
How fare the Blades?

>playing Vagrant Story
>while Never Had A Dream Come True and Hanging By A Moment play on the radio
>ensuring I'll never forget them ever

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:17 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:04 pm
Shit, that reminds me of this infamous "All according to keikaku"-style "authentic" fan translation of FF6, except in reverse.
Is that the one that made Terra into "Tina"?
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:41 pm

Possible. I mostly remember the part about it turning Cyan into a samurai.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:13 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:17 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:04 pm
Is that the one that made Terra into "Tina"?
It's her original Japanese name, baka-gaijin! Ted Woolsey changed it because her name should sound foreign due to her background he was a LOSER!
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:Possible. I mostly remember the part about it turning Cyan into a samurai.
I think all they did was change "SwdTech" to "Bushido", which is the original name of Cyan's special ability. Unless I'm thinking about the wrong translation. I mean, whatever translations touches upon the "son of a submariner!" line is wrong and should be ignored.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:24 pm

I think that's what every translation after the glorious original does.
-Yours Truly