Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:43 pm

Isekai peaked with The Wizardoz.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:33 pm

Speaking of going back in time, I'm giving Doraemon another shot.

I could never really get into it because it was weird and didn't have an easy gateway.
If there was a true Episode 1/Origin story, I sure as hell couldn't find it. Perhaps it happened in that lost media 1973 series.

All Japanese people seems to know the origin story and lore through cultural osmosis. But I was able to find an origin story for Doraemon himself, in the movie 2112: The Birth of Doraemon (1995). But it ends before he is sent to the 20th century, so we never see how he meets Nobita and the kids.

I downloaded a CGI anime called Stand By Me Doraemon (2014). I hate CGI, but this movie is said to show the full origin story.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:02 am

I never bothered getting into Dora-man.
I figured it was just gay shit for kids like all anime and didn't bother.
I knew a few Asiatics who grew up with it.
The real lost doraemon kino was the fully produced and animated Chinese bootleg movie.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:21 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:02 am
I never bothered getting into Dora-man.
I figured it was just gay shit for kids
That's basically all it is, and I never saw the show until I was an adult. I tried watching it when I lived in Japan, but could never really get into it.

Somebody over there told me that unlike most anime, the Doraemon movies were actually better than the show. From what I've seen, that seems to be true.

I also checked out this spinoff show called The Doraemons where it's basically a superhero team of various Doraemons from around the world and each one is kind of a stereotype, which I love.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:17 am

I watched Doraemon in the 80s because it was on tv.
All i remember about every episode:
Gian bullys Nobita because he is a faggot -> Nobita cries in front of Doraemon like the faggot he is -> Doraemon tries to solve the situation with a new gadget.

I remember even less about Dr.Slump, just Arale picking up shit (shaped like Majin Buu's head) from time to time and Slump trying and failing to fug some bitch.

Little Pollon on the other hand was true kino, but afaik it only came out in Japan, Italy and France.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:29 am

Dr. Slump is awful.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:49 am

I never seen a full episode until the dubbed version of the 2005 reboot (and I know of all places, it's fucking Disney XD, because when I think of anime, I think of Disney. Disregarding that terrible Stitch anime. Plus Disney XD hasn't been good since, well ever.)

And I thought it was alright, even if I've seen the same premise from the Fairly Odd Parents despite the former obviously coming out years before. But isn't that Stand by me movie one of the highest grossing movies in Japan and made a bunch of people cry?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:11 am

Anpanman is the one true kino for lolis and shotas.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:21 am
I also checked out this spinoff show called The Doraemons where it's basically a superhero team of various Doraemons from around the world and each one is kind of a stereotype, which I love.
Now who could possibly be the American :thinking: ?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:00 am

I tried watching Orphen for the first time a few months ago because it adapted my favorite PS2 classic. I wasn't into it. The remake literally nobody, not even the LN author, asked for did the one thing I knew it would do, which was be uglier than cheapo TV animation from the 90s made by fucking DEEN that I can't even watch remastered.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:40 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:11 am
Anpanman is the one true kino for lolis and shotas.
Did Anpanman ever save the day with a "magic white powder" while singing "it looks like talcum powder but it isn't, it gives you happiness! If you eat it or breathe it, it will immediately give you happiness!" like little Pollon did in most episodes?
I think not!