Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:11 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:08 pm
I've enjoyed Twilight Princess but it came very close to overstaying it's welcome. I've never replayed it and don't think I ever will.
You play the Wii version or the Gamecube one?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Skyward Sword was easily the worst one. I just don't get how the sword controls are that bad when you've got much better sword controls in Wii Sports Resort, which came before SS. Both use Wii Motion+ so there's no excuse.
Skyward Sword is easily the worst Zelda game and the only 3D Zelda I've ever hated. Shitty controls were only part of the problem
Kugelfisch wrote:
Is OoT Master Quest even harder? It's pretty just all the maps mirrored, no?
No. The dungeons are supposed to be much more difficult (except for the Water Temple which is actually much easier). They mirrored it for the 3DS version, I guess because they thought mirroring it would make it harder, but the original is unmirrored
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:22 pm

I've played the Wii version.
I've seen from speedruns and such what a mess SS is otherwise. Especially with the recurring Imprisoned boss or whatever that scaly shit is called. Just lazy. I've dropped the game fairly early in.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:25 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:22 pm
Should've played the Gamecube version
Kugelfisch wrote:
I've seen from speedruns and such what a mess SS is otherwise. Especially with the recurring Imprisoned boss or whatever that scaly shit is called. Just lazy. I've dropped the game fairly early in.
I played it to the end but it was fucking painful to do. Like I said, the only Zelda I've ever hated
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:29 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:25 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Should've played the Gamecube version
Any specific reason? It's basically the same except for everything being mirrored, no?
I've got a sense of deja vu. :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:40 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:29 pm
Any specific reason? It's basically the same except for everything being mirrored, no?
Well, it was made for Gamecube so it doesn't play like shit
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:54 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:40 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:29 pm
Well, it was made for Gamecube so it doesn't play like shit
Honestly, the motion controls in that one didn't bother me at all.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:55 pm

Probably because it was still a sort of Gamecube port, so they couldn't go quite as apeshit with their gimmick controls.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:09 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:55 pm
Probably because it was still a sort of Gamecube port, so they couldn't go quite as apeshit with their gimmick controls.
Exactly. You'd aim with the bow pretty much how you do in Metroid Prime, which works well. The sword strikes is just waggling the wiimote in some way. Since you can hang around real lazily on the couch with your hands pretty much anywhere with the wiimote+nunchuck it was very comfortable.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:33 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Is OoT Master Quest even harder? It's pretty just all the maps mirrored, no?
Not even mirrored, just different puzzles. Aside from that I couldn't tell you a difference between the two. It's not like NES Zelda Second Quest with heart or money rooms or rooms with walls that you can't tell if you can a) enter them or not b) you can only traverse them in one direction. Those sucked.

I'm also glad to hear other people hate Skyward Sword, playing that demo in stores was the epitome of anti-fun so I just skipped it altogether. Strangely enough the only version of TP I played was the Wii version and I thought the motion controls were fine. Honestly motion controls for the Wii weren't bad in general. As far as I'm concerned RE4 for the Wii is the definitive version of that game and even playing Con of Doody was fun. Point the wii mote cursor at your targets head, and "bum hedshot." What a concept! It was the closest a console ever came to playing a PC FPS. If Nintendo didn't half ass the hardware the Wii could have become the de facto FPS console. They probably could have made a decent port of TF2 if they wanted to. Then again the reason their prices are so cheap is BECAUSE they half ass the hardware.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:37 pm

I always found gameplay footage to look very goofy, since the 1:1 sword motion controls meant that Link would usually hold the sword like an idiot.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette