Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:47 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:47 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:27 am
A relationship they were absolutely in love with, being interracial and such. It was called "powerful" and all other kinds of gay shit. Suddenly it's not woke enough. Nig on Spic ass action needs to happen! Nothing else will do. It would be a Tuesday in US prison but groundbreaking for cinema.
Trying to appease the Left is a losing battle. It's never enough for them.

Interracial romance? Both are too thin.
Interracial romance with a landwhale? Too straight.
Interracial gay romance? Not polyamorous enough.
Interracial orgy? Why is nobody sodomized by a droid? And why is everyone so cisgender?
If you give a mouse a cookie...

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:03 pm

New Ghostbusters movie looks like it's trying to be a classic Spielbug movie. Which I guess is a step up from trying to be an Adam Sandler movie.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:09 pm

Just give up Ghostbusters was decent film it never needed a sequel.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:41 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:09 pm
Just give up Ghostbusters was decent film it never needed a sequel.
The sequel gave us Vigo, a black man scared by a g-g-ghost train, and the Statue of Liberty walking through NY controlled by an NES Advantage. The soundtrack wasn't bad either.

All it all, it was a good thing.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:57 pm

Hey, it's "Ghostbusters", but it's also that "Goonies" remake that a few of you assholes out there have been wanting. Yay!

My first thought about the new trailer: It barely tries to sell the movie as a comedy, which is odd, to me. That's what "Ghostbusters" is! It's a comedy. It's a joke. It's not about the ghost shit; it's about a group of funny guys being funny. That's it. Even a boomer like me can see that.

My second thought: OH, I get it. They're trying to distance themselves from that bomb remake. They're countering its irreverence with extreme reverence. Because they think that the irreverance was why that film bombed. Not that it looked shitty in the trailer and was even more shitty if you bothered to see it (which I did, out of morbid curiosity).

My third thought: I was mildly curious about this movie yesterday, but now I don't give a shit.

Also, how did "Ghostbusters" ever get taken so seriously? I like the original movie, but I missed the cultural shift where that happened.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:12 pm

This is Current Year, mate. Everything needs to be grimdork and serial.
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:41 pm
The sequel gave us Vigo, a black man scared by a g-g-ghost train, and the Statue of Liberty walking through NY controlled by an NES Advantage. The soundtrack wasn't bad either.

All it all, it was a good thing.
Probably worse than the first one, but still pretty entertaining, if you ask me. Certainly had more soul than anything they'll shit out nowadays.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:23 pm

Ghostbusters is not a good movie. It's not terrible, but it's one of those forgettable 1980s comedies everyone pretends are untouchable classics starring washed up SNL actors. I can't wait for the '20s when people are going to be bitching about remakes of Tommy Boy and Wayne's World: "perfect movies; just perfect!"

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:48 pm

AHAHAHA, fucking leads are children of diversity, with an autistic girl saving the world! Holy shit, it's like they looked at the response to Dykebusters and confused the hatred for praise.

Keep doubling down, ChinaWood. You keep me young.

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:52 pm

I guess that Stranger Things kid is fine with being typecasted for scary themed stuff. Stranger Things, Pugsley in that new Addams Family movie, the new IT movies, now Ghostbusters.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:03 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:23 pm
Ghostbusters is not a good movie. It's not terrible, but it's one of those forgettable 1980s comedies everyone pretends are untouchable classics starring washed up SNL actors. I can't wait for the '20s when people are going to be bitching about remakes of Tommy Boy and Wayne's World: "perfect movies; just perfect!"
Unlike amost of those 80's comedies, including shit that the Ghostbusters team made like Stripes, Geistbusters was a media franchise so you have millions of autists like Phelon Porteous who worship the ground it walks on.