Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Rushy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:43 pm

About an hour and 15 minutes in, I've reached the first genuinely good thing about Attack of the Clones, which is Count Dooku of course.
Both Lee and the fans deserved way more Dooku in this trilogy. Forget Maul and his double-bladed show off lightsaber. I don't think even the Clone Wars series realised what a goldmine of a character he is.

I would read the shit out of a whole novel series based on him. Mind you, I checked Wookieepedia - there's not much of him even in the old EU.

Edit: Apparently, Qui-Gon mentioned Obi-Wan to Dooku repeatedly, which means they kept in touch. So much material they could work with...
Last edited by Rushy on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:50 pm

This is just begging for someone to edit in Looney Tunes music

Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:05 pm

Rushy wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:25 pm
Owen really forgot that he used to own 3PO? And it's not like it was there for a short amount of time either - Shmi supposedly lived at the Lars Farm for more or less ten years.
Jedi Mind Trick :3
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:33 pm
I guess it's some kind of achievement that after all these years "Shmi" is still the most retarded name in the SW universe, despite very strong competition.
Though never uttered in any of the movie, I personally find "Sheev" to be a pretty underwhelming first name for the ultimate bad guy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:12 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:05 pm
Though never uttered in any of the movie, I personally find "Sheev" to be a pretty underwhelming first name for the ultimate bad guy.
Speaking of Old Sheev, here's something interesting I found - McDiarmid's original vocal performance of the part, more in line with the holographic Episode V original.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:20 pm

Anakin straight-up stole 3PO from Lars. There's no way he asked for permission. They weren't even planning to leave until after getting Kenobi's message.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:35 pm

Damn, Anthony Daniels is wasted hardcore in the sequels - he's fucking hilarious in this film.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:40 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:33 pm
I guess it's some kind of achievement that after all these years "Shmi" is still the most retarded name in the SW universe, despite very strong competition.
Smee was one of the most esteemed men on CIA's flight plan.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:06 pm

Also one of the best characters in any Disney movie.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:58 am

Rushy wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:43 pm
About an hour and 15 minutes in, I've reached the first genuinely good thing about Attack of the Clones, which is Count Dooku of course.
Both Lee and the fans deserved way more Dooku in this trilogy. Forget Maul and his double-bladed show off lightsaber. I don't think even the Clone Wars series realised what a goldmine of a character he is.
The reason is because there was nothing to his character other than to be the most stereotypical bad guy possible. Compared to him even Darth Maul is interesting.

They basically hired Christopher Lee to be Space Dracula, except George was unwilling or unable to realize how much of a better concept THAT would've been.

[A guy who wants to feed on the Force and Force users to both live forever AND fuel his special Sith vampire powers?
Fuck. they'd be up to Episode 17 by now--and I'd still be watching.]
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:56 am

Baby yoda plushies have gone on preorder and they don't even come out until the middle of next year, but the soy is out in full force having actually sold out at times.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]