What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:57 am

Dante is unlockable in Nocturne. I don't remember if he's in DDS. I do know that Demi-Fiend is a secret boss in digital devil saga.

It's a shame classic SMT has kind of gone away, and a lot of the older games were never translated into english officially. SMT 4/ Apocalypse is fucking trash on every level except MAYBE gameplay. And then only if you don't mind the lack of a vitality/defense stat, which I personally find extremely obnoxious.

Soul Hackers is alright so far, but the gameplay is a lot less deep than a mainstream SMT game. Type matchups don't matter too much and the game is more about your stats and gear. More of a traditional RPG in that way. Demons don't gain levels at all and therefore can't be permanent party members. You end up with a party of MC, Nemissa, Zeed and then the occasional demon summons to build up your team for bosses or hard dungeons.

Soul Hackers has a much better story than SMT 4/Apocalypse/Persona 3, 4, 5, though.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:30 pm

Artwork for the Resident Evil 3 remake has leaked apparently.

Nemesis looks odd. They added a crooked nose and gave him teeth that would put Monica Rial's horse chompers to shame.

Sadly, Jill isn't being portrayed by Julia Voth like I was hoping. She doesn't look terrible though. Carlos looks kinda cool, reminds me of Spike from Cowboy Bebop.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:54 pm

Speaking of RE, I've always wanted to get into it, problem is I've never played a single one of them. Recommendations?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:13 pm

The only one I played was Code Veronica, aka the one with Twincest Norman Bates.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:57 am
Dante is unlockable in Nocturne. I don't remember if he's in DDS. I do know that Demi-Fiend is a secret boss in digital devil saga.
Dante from the Devil May Cry series (tm) has only ever been in Nocturne, and even then only on the PS2 versions.

Also finished Cyber Slut (minus some optional bosses). A bit disappoint that the final boss wasn't a freakish tentacle monster, but I hear Beta's Cuckoldry more than makes up for that.
Still, pretty fun game, and surprisingly fucked up at some points, like in that resolution for the sex doll case I mentioned a while ago.
Shit you don't see in PokemonShow
The whole thing was a scam to lure in horny NEETs with the promise of an entire harem of sexdroids. What actually happens is that the NEET's mind gets imprisoned in cyberspace (still thinking he's hanging out in his room with all dem waifus, who don't actually exist IRL) while his body gets shipped overseas for organ harvesting purposes.
You never actually stop this scam, btw, only scare them off for a bit
Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:34 am
Glad to hear it. :lol: I hear that complete edition on the switch is really good, wonder if it flows together seamlessly or something.
Don't get your hopes too high up. They're still two separate games, albeit with some interactions:
In-depth Cyber Slut discussion for cool peopleShow
  • Each save slot in the Complete Edition can be shared between a CS and a HM save
  • Starting a new playthrough in one game lets you carry over stuff from the other game, namely your Field Guide entries, medal collection and I think some key item your need for digivolution (since the Frontier Digimon are technically in CS, but require Beast Spirits you can only find in HM)
  • I'm not sure if this shared stuff only gets synched at the start of another game cycle, or if it's always up-to-date
  • What I do know is that beating both games lets you trade Digimon between them through the DigiBank
  • Afaik, CS contains all tweaks to moves and Digimon that HM did. ABI can also be raised to 200 like in HM.
  • All the Digimon introduced in HM can now also be gotten in CS, although a few (aka the Frontier Digimon and Arcadimon) require a complete playthrough of HM first. Maybe the Frontier ones can be gotten as soon as you find the respectiv Beast Spirit on the HM half of the save slot, though.
  • Apparently the original CS prevented you from digivolving anyone into one of the Royal Knights or Deadly Sins until you've beaten the respective Digimon in postgame. This is no longer the case in the Complete Edition
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:18 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:54 pm
Speaking of RE, I've always wanted to get into it, problem is I've never played a single one of them. Recommendations?
REmake 2 or RE 4. Those are the easiest to get into.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:08 pm

I finally got to play Xcom enemy within, you faggots were right that is the upgraded version of the previous one specially with the gene mods and the power armors, I’m just starting but the game is really fun so far with the little details you can do to prepare your team.

Also I played a bit of titan fall 2, so far is ok but not as fun as xcom, probably I’ll leave it in the backlog along with re 0.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:42 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:30 pm
Artwork for the Resident Evil 3 remake has leaked apparently.

Nemesis looks odd. They added a crooked nose and gave him teeth that would put Monica Rial's horse chompers to shame.

Sadly, Jill isn't being portrayed by Julia Voth like I was hoping. She doesn't look terrible though. Carlos looks kinda cool, reminds me of Spike from Cowboy Bebop.
Damn Nemesis does look weird. I hope they don’t completely overhaul his design. As for the humans it’s been hit or miss for me. I know they use real likeness now, but the guy in 7 just didn’t strike me as Chris. RE2 did a great job however with their entire cast, so hopefully this will be better. I definitely love the look of classic Carlos, but the Spike look (I totally see it) is kinda neat. I just dislike how the Umbrella Chronicles changed his voice. Not the VA, but the lack of personality and accent. Carlos was unique because despite being in a bad situation he’d try to be the heroic type, flirting with Jill, breaking down in front of her, and eventually being a badass and saving her more than once. I hope they retain that aspect of his personality in this.

Also Moe, my advice is to go with the Origins Collection it you want the true RE experience. REmake is fantastic, and Zero is a good companion piece to it. Then like Kugel said play REmake 2 and eventually 4. If you can get your hands on the classic ps1 games though I highly recommend them. Code Veronica is neat, but fucking weird like VORP said.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:36 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:54 pm
Resident Evil 2 (not the remake) is my recommendation for best first RE. Another option would be RE4 if you want something a little more modern but not shitty.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:07 pm

Just noticed that Nemesis has caution tape all over him. Wtf? Also the formerly organic tentril that hoops over his left shoulder is now made of metal or rubber or something.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:21 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:07 pm
Just noticed that Nemesis has caution tape all over him. Wtf? Also the formerly organic tentril that hoops over his left shoulder is now made of metal or rubber or something.
I guess his "clothes" are the remains of some containment device.
I love the Sarah Wilson-like crooked nose