Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:02 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:33 pm
I'd say Face/Off is the best that dumb shit can get before it's stupid and incompetent enough to be in the so-bad-it's-good zone. It's not quite dumb enough to be Belly of the Beast and not incompetent enough to be The Room.
I mean, it's Woo meets Cage, a match made in heaven.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Fat Gracie Gold

Post by Fat Gracie Gold » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:47 pm

Van Damme's best movie.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:03 am

I should add that if you buy Hard Target look for a Euro version. I found the 18 rating Irish version and was surprised to find lots of violence and extra deaths not in the American cut. Yance Butler was fucking hot in the early 90s too. Drugs really mess up your looks, kids.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:00 am

It's happening!

Michael B. Jordan has pitched VajJay a black Superman movie.

Everything you ever loved will be destroyed.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:55 pm

Nobody really likes Superman. What's your point?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:57 pm

>wanting "[existing character] but black"
>begging for inclusion in capeshit

Be my guest. I hope in a few years there's nothing but non-whites in capeshit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:35 pm

"Black Superman" as in black Superman, or Steel? I hope Shaq will get a cameo either way.

Fuck, now I remember there being an actual black Superman from an alternate reality. He was also not-Obama, right down to being the POTUS.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:17 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:35 pm
"Black Superman" as in black Superman, or Steel?
You know which one it is. Fuck giving the spotlight to some actually black characters, let's just do raceswaps for outrage bait
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
I hope Shaq will get a cameo either way.
I don't think Warners want to be reminded of that embarrassment and honestly I can't blame them
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fuck, now I remember there being an actual black Superman from an alternate reality. He was also not-Obama, right down to being the POTUS.
Yeah, I think that was a Morrison comic. I think he took it from the 'Obama is Superman, McCain is Batman' quote that was going around during that election, to which my response was pretty much 'Funny. I don't remember Batman and Superman being a pair of neocon globalist parasites.'
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:14 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:55 pm
Nobody really likes Superman.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:17 pm
Yeah, I think that was a Morrison comic. I think he took it from the 'Obama is Superman, McCain is Batman' quote that was going around during that election, to which my response was pretty much 'Funny. I don't remember Batman and Superman being a pair of neocon globalist parasites.'
Not a great comparison. Superman he helps people when he needs to. Then spends the rest of his time amusing himself with shenanigans or mundane pleasures, while making sure his friends and family don't get hurt. Silver Age was probably the most accurate portrayal of him.
It always kills me when writers portray Clark as the fascist. The hell does he need to go through all that for? Batman is the control freak. He spends all his time on surveillance and database collecting, depriving himself of any kind of sane livelihood just so he can be on top of absolutely any possibility that can occur at any time.

If anyone would want a perfect police state to ensure absolute law and order it would be Batman. Supes can--and has--already dealt with most of it. That's why he has a better attitude. He knows he can rely on the cops to handle most problems in Metropolis, so he saves his time and energy fighting the aliens and giant robots that only he can handle and trying to bang an investigative reporter.

Anyways, Obama was more like Wonder Woman, and McCain was more like Green Arrow.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:07 pm

Then Trump is Guy Gardner, aka Best Lantern.
-Yours Truly