Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:48 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:24 am
Guest wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:20 am
I can't believe anyone would want VajayJay in charge of their movies after he fucked up SW so bad. His leather-wearing kung fu-fighting Superman is going to be hilariously stupid.
It takes Hollywood a long time to catch up to what the audience already knows. JJ usually starts a series with a crappy movie that nevertheless still makes a profit and then leaves before audiences get tired of the sequels. (E.g., his Star Trek movies.) If Star Wars Plan 9 bombs, though, maybe people will eventually stop hiring him.
He's one of (((them))) he'll need to screw up astronomically bad multiple times before he faces any consequences.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:58 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:16 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:35 pm
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:53 pm
John Woo has joined the "MCU is trash" club. I fucking hate his films but at least he's right about something.
You don't like Hard Boiled?
I've never seen any of the movies he made with slants, only crap like Face Off and MI:2.
Put it on your watchlist. It's a good, uncomplicated action movie with fucktons of shootouts and destruction.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:57 am

mad bum wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:45 pm
Which one of you fuckers posted this?
Whoever it is, he is an hero to us all.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:38 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:16 pm
I've never seen any of the movies he made with slants, only crap like Face Off and MI:2.
Sadly, that crap is what he's mostly known for in the West.
He made some amazing stuff in Hong Kong before he went Hollywood.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:09 am

Hard Target, Broken Arrow, Once A Thief 1996, and Black Jack are all decent to good. Face/Off's action scenes are mostly great, but the weird SciFi vibe and domestic drama shit didnt work back in 1997 and are even worse now.

Hard Boiled is probably his best movie, but Bullet In The Head and A Better Tomorrow 2 are nearly as good.

The David Bradley/Greg Yaitanes knockoff Hard Justice is the greatest movie ever made tho.

Singh'sSpot

Post by Singh'sSpot » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:26 am

Dont forget his greatest work, Code Talker.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:54 am

The director's cut of Windtalkers has its crazy Hong Kong moments but is pretty awful otherwise. And whoever decided to give Adam Beach a career needs to be beaten.

Paycheck is easily his worst movie because it looks cheap and Cucknadian, stars Affleck during his awkward trying-to-be-a-leading-man years, and tones down Woo's style to the point of unrecognizability.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:01 pm

All this talk about John Woo movies and not a mention of The Killer? One of the greatest Heroic Bloodshed films. Woo did the same to the gun what Kurosawa did to the sword, he made the gun an instrument of fate. The Killer is enormously entertaining throughout, there's no boring moment in it. It has all you can ask for from a HK action film, deep themes of loyalty and redemption, gay undertones ("You're not an ordinary cop.", "You're not an ordinary criminal either.."), Christian imagery and doves, beautifully choreographed over-the-top violence, bloodshed and explosive showdowns, and really touching ending.

Now that I think about it, I think I haven't seen more than two Woo's hollywood movies. Saw Hard Target when it was new and don't really remember much else of it than Van Damme's amusing mullet. Face/Off is actually pretty fucking good in its glorious stupidity.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:33 pm

I'd say Face/Off is the best that dumb shit can get before it's stupid and incompetent enough to be in the so-bad-it's-good zone. It's not quite dumb enough to be Belly of the Beast and not incompetent enough to be The Room.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:42 pm

The Killer is a gay movie for homosexuals. Thank god it's getting a woke ChinaWood remake with that ugly bald bitch who played Max Janata. I don't know how we survived this long without literally everything being molested by SJWs.