Useless Human Debris...

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.

Re: Useless Human Debris...

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:51 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:58 pm
I blame Office Space for instilling the fear of the office job into the heart of the millenial.
That's just Spoony. It's the schools and shitty parents fuck most of them up.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:28 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:

I blame Office Space for instilling the fear of the office job into the heart of the millenial.
Office jobs DO suck ass. Given the option of living the "dream" of being a NEET who barely works and has free housing and basic needs, many find that attractive. School trains these kids to pay sort of attention for a few months at a time, while getting summer off and semester breaks.

But yeah, they probably were made worse by the fact that the expectation now exists that these jobs must be terrible, so why should anyone bother to try improving them?
Only recently where your earliest Gen Z are now entering the workforce, are some millennials starting to realize their voice and influence is becoming irrelevant. Watching the panic set in as they get further and further behind is delightful.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:43 pm

Fear of manual labor is what keeps them up at night. The IN fears manual labor more than anything else.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Their fault is that they want to live on welfare but want to spend as if they had a well-paying job. You recon YT Et al. are done fucking the IN with their most recent monetization kick to the nuts? That shit will pay less and less with only a few select being able to strike it big or even making a living from it at all. And those that do will likely just be employed by some company anyway.
The entrepreneur route is fast becoming more and more elusive to your everyday IN. Soon, it'll be nothing but yet another office job anyway.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:14 pm

Pen Pal wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:33 am
How can these fuckers so shameless with their constant begging?
Because it works, and requires no effort on their part.
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:44 pm
I said something similar a while ago. They have a weird version of shame where they feel no shame from begging, but infinite shame from the idea of working a real job.
Working requires them to interact with people IRL. Begging on the other hand just involves a bunch of strangers you will never ever see, hear, or smell.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:59 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:45 pm
Their fault is that they want to live on welfare but want to spend as if they had a well-paying job. You recon YT Et al. are done fucking the IN with their most recent monetization kick to the nuts? That shit will pay less and less with only a few select being able to strike it big or even making a living from it at all. And those that do will likely just be employed by some company anyway.
The entrepreneur route is fast becoming more and more elusive to your everyday IN. Soon, it'll be nothing but yet another office job anyway.
That’s my thing, my current primary job is enough to make ends meet and have a few nice things with the help of freelance work, but eventually I want to get a job where I make more, allowing me to do stuff like travel and so forth, hence why I’m part timing in school to get certified in computer science.

Office jobs don’t even seem that bad, sure they can be mundane but from what my friends in the IT field tell me they’re stable and cushy, which is what I personally like. I’ve worked in landscaping, restaurants, security, and a few other things, and while I liked most of them okay, I know they’re not going to be the long term niche for me.

In other words, get your shit together you fucknuts. I’ve had dozens of setbacks in life and even I’m getting there. To quote the blessed Rich Evans. “Get laid. I’m Rich Evans I’ve gotten laid you can do it.”
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

TheBilthCollector

Post by TheBilthCollector » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:55 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:51 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:
Agreed.

I've been mulling over writing a blog post length spergy rant about how this all came to be here in Burgerland. I'm over 40 and I've been watching Americans chase work free get rich schemes (and failing miserably) for over 20 years now.

And yeah, Office Space didn't do dick in terms of cultural damage. That blame lays squarely on "Sex In The City" and "Friends."

"He he! Look at us! We are trendy urbanite yuppies! We spend all day in our huge apartments hanging out with friends and having funny adventures! We don't do any real work but can afford lavish New York apartments because that's how modern urban life works! Sometimes we go to rural areas to laugh at the silly working folk, and then its back to the big city for more fun! fun! fun!"

A huge chunk of younger Americas honestly thought this was the future. When people like Moviebob scream about "muh star trek future!" this is what they are talking about.

Singh'sSpot

Post by Singh'sSpot » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:24 am

Their mom or dad comes down to their basement and tell them to go get a job and their respond is: "ok boomer". As if working is soooooo boomerish and sooooo 90s, 2000s, whatever.

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:33 am

TheBilthCollector wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:55 am
Guest wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:51 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:
Agreed.

I've been mulling over writing a blog post length spergy rant about how this all came to be here in Burgerland. I'm over 40 and I've been watching Americans chase work free get rich schemes (and failing miserably) for over 20 years now.

And yeah, Office Space didn't do dick in terms of cultural damage. That blame lays squarely on "Sex In The City" and "Friends."

"He he! Look at us! We are trendy urbanite yuppies! We spend all day in our huge apartments hanging out with friends and having funny adventures! We don't do any real work but can afford lavish New York apartments because that's how modern urban life works! Sometimes we go to rural areas to laugh at the silly working folk, and then its back to the big city for more fun! fun! fun!"

A huge chunk of younger Americas honestly thought this was the future. When people like Moviebob scream about "muh star trek future!" this is what they are talking about.
Agreed in principle, but I would put forth that it skews even younger than that. Think of all the kidcoms from the 80s and especially the 90s. In damn near every instance, the kids were "cool" and the parents were "lame." So... what happens when the only message that kids - young kids - see regarding gainfully employed adults amounts to "lol what a bunch of lamers so glad you're not like them huh yeah up top"?

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:00 pm

tv doesn't influence people that much. I think kugelfisch is right in that they're workshy but want dat middle class lifestyle