"Christians built the modern world!"

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
veris leta facies

Re: "Christians built the modern world!"

Post by veris leta facies » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:32 pm

What a shitty thread opener, but about the Christianity as a whole, I used to think that secularization of society and the diminishing importance of Christianity are solely positive phenomenons. But one also has to ask: what will come after the disappearance of Christianity? Some people just need a religion, if Jesus is not available for them, they'll fulfill their religious need in some other way, adopting cultural Marxism as their religion, for example. Christianity, despite its shitty features, offers at least a healthy platform for these not-so-bright people, it has decent moral code like core family values. The way I see it, it's better that people with an IQ less than 90 just worship Jesus and deal their psychoses via Christianity, rather than worship identity politics, cultural relativism, multiculturalism, feminism etc. and contribute to the destruction of the Western civilization.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:21 pm

I think it was mostly people like Richilieu and his raison d'etát that basically killed Christianity as a state religion. Not coincidentally, the Thirty Years War was the last big war of religion in Europe (well, unless you count the Habsburgs' wars against the Ottomans). I guess people noticed that Christianity's infights had just destroyed the HRE and toned it down a little.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:39 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:32 pm
What a shitty thread opener, but about the Christianity as a whole, I used to think that secularization of society and the diminishing importance of Christianity are solely positive phenomenons. But one also has to ask: what will come after the disappearance of Christianity? Some people just need a religion, if Jesus is not available for them, they'll fulfill their religious need in some other way, adopting cultural Marxism as their religion, for example. Christianity, despite its shitty features, offers at least a healthy platform for these not-so-bright people, it has decent moral code like core family values. The way I see it, it's better that people with an IQ less than 90 just worship Jesus and deal their psychoses via Christianity, rather than worship identity politics, cultural relativism, multiculturalism, feminism etc. and contribute to the destruction of the Western civilization.
Something always will occupy religion's place within communities. If it's not religion per se, then it'll be something else. Like communism, or Social Justice, or '50s Murica Patriotism. I don't remember exactly when I came to that realization about religion. We'll never have a society where the vacuum caused by a lack of religion goes unfilled by something else. You can see this in non-religious societies today.

So atheists may as well get ready to fight this battle for all time and against all comers, because religions and religion stand-ins are never ever going away. Notice how many atheist youtubers switched to being antifeminists or anti-SJWs? Yeah, because SJW shit was taking the same position within communities that religion would have occupied. It all fits.

Maybe atheism vs religion is ultimately a battle between individualism and collectivism. Atheists often argue on individualist bases against religion. "Religion is false!" "It abuses minority groups!" But the truth or falsity of the belief is really irrelevant when you consider truth is not the purpose of religion. Control is. "Management", if you want to use a nice word. There's no reason to bitch about religions being false when the point of religion is to engender certain behaviors. The mythology is a pretext to elicit the right response.

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:20 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:39 pm
Maybe atheism vs religion is ultimately a battle between individualism and collectivism.
Not when it's atheist groups, like the YT atheism fuckheads. That's just one collective against another. Look at what came of the shitpile. They separated into the Atheism+ SocJus faggots and the Septics, sure, but those two groups then were utterly dominated by group think as well with their own dogmas. The former are just plain SJWs now, the latter became a circlejerk.

The very few individuals became ostracized, like TL;DR and Harmful Opinions. Both are also actual autists. Coincidence? I think not.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:23 pm

Religion is a convoluted excuse to bad touch kids.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:54 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:20 pm
The very few individuals became ostracized, like TL;DR and Harmful Opinions. Both are also actual autists. Coincidence? I think not.
Autism is power.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:41 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:23 pm
Religion is a convoluted excuse to bad touch kids.
That's more like a glitch in the system.
SpoilerShow
And anyway, getting rid of religion obviously hasn't stopped pedos from preying on kids, what with all the pedo support among SJW fucks
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:02 pm

>SJWs
>Not a cult religion
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:03 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:32 am
Like the Ottoman empire. They would allow you to govern yourselves as you chose, so long as you joined the state religion and were a good goy who didn't make waves.
Same as the Roman Empire.
Or the Mongols.

Really, for most of human history, it has been pretty bloody hard creating and/or expanding an empire if you had to treat it as an open-air prison. Shit doesn't work like that. You just couldn't have enough manpower to oversee everything, or have information travel fast enough to react in time.
I guess that's about the only thing communism is good at.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:46 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:39 pm
Something always will occupy religion's place within communities. If it's not religion per se, then it'll be something else. Like communism, or Social Justice, or '50s Murica Patriotism. I don't remember exactly when I came to that realization about religion. We'll never have a society where the vacuum caused by a lack of religion goes unfilled by something else. You can see this in non-religious societies today.
Apparently some people just need to live by a strict moral code, signalling their virtue and purity to their surroundings. The brainwashing that used to belong to the Church has now shifted to the (extreme leftist) media, which is now the one that proclaims morality and orthodoxy, what to think, how to feel and act.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.