Star Dreck

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Star Dreck

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:18 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:30 pm
Also he didn't use his position as the first Captain of Color for virtue signaling, afaik.
Imagine working your ass off for years, devoting all your free time to honing your craft, only to finally achieve success and all people want to talk about is your race and gender.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:10 pm

This is what happens if the media keeps promoting people who have neither worked their ass off, nor did anything to hone their craft. Their race and gender is all they have left.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:43 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Shatner truly is DHI incarnate :lol:
I saw OG Treck just for him, I just owe him that much. :lol:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:51 am

Has anyone else seen the DS9 documentary What We Left Behind?

It's really hit or miss for me.
I really like seeing the old cast again, even though they look old as dirt. They get to do some fun things.

The writers get together and brainstorm what they would do if there was a season 8. Some of it is good and some of it is retarded. They would start off the season with Nog getting killed. There's a ship called the USS Emmet Till. :roll:

Nog found out a secret conspiracy by Section 31. It turns out that Section 31 are the ones that ended all religion on Earth and they're upset that the Bajoran religion is getting too popular and want to destroy the wormhole and kill the prophets to end the religion. Pretty fucking gay and I'm glad it's never happening.

There's a lot of current year bullshit where they literally tick off boxes to pat themselves on the back over how progressive they were. Then they express some regret that they didn't do more to empower fags. They say that they should have had Garak come out as gay for Bashir, forgetting that Garak was shown to be straight.

The worst part is the fandom segments. They had fans submit videos on how much DS9 meant to them and changed them. You know, when those boomer TOS documentaries did this, they showed people that become doctors and scientists due to (TOS) Trek. This documentary shows a bunch of dangerhairs saying shit like, "Major Kira taught me not to take shit from anyone!" ONE black dude was briefly shown that became a naval officer because of Sisko and that was cool I guess.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:49 pm

TOS once again shown to be best Trek.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Section 31 were one of the more interesting parts of deep space 9. MUH FEDERATION IS ALWAYS GOOD was a meme that needed to die and section 31 helped kill it. I don't want them to go back to it though because it'd be gay as fuck with current year maymays.

Garak being gay for Bashir would be retarded when both Garak and Bashir were established to be straight. Bashir especially was a massive thirstfag in season 1. He drooled all over Kira and that other bitch from Becker. Bashir really didn't come into his own as a character until all the spy stuff started. Garak had an entire episode where he agonized about banging Gul Dukat's hot halfbreed daughter.

I hope I'm not alone in hating Kira btw. She was such a fucking hypocritical cunt for so many reasons. That one episode with the fake nazi war criminal was great, partly because she kind of has a moment where she admits how fucking shitty her ideology of victimhood is. Her whole eternal victim narrative is similar to that of the Narns in Babylon 5, except that G'Kar moves past that point in his life very quickly. I'd say by season 3 he's no longer seeing himself as a victim and he's trying to accept the world as it is. It's no surprise he ends up as revered as he does. Meanwhile, Kira remains a bitter, self-victimizing cunt for the entire run of DS9, minus a few moments here and there where the writers KIND OF admit how shitty she is.
SpoilerShow
G'Kar also endures much more than Kira.
What I mean is that sometimes she seems to acknowledge that she's no longer really a victim and, in fact, is the one with authority. And that she did a lot of heinous things herself when she was working for ISIS of Bajor. So you think that maybe the writers just acknowledged this and it will carry into other episodes. But it often doesn't. An episode or two later, she'll be back whining about the evil *insert any non-bajoran race here* and how much of a fucking victim she is because her planet got invaded boo hoo.

Original Series is the best Trek. It has the most consistent characters. It's cliche and silly, and the effects are meme-tier, but it takes on big themes with unmatched ambition. Nimoy in original Trek is/was the equal of any other Trek series actor.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:45 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:09 pm
I hope I'm not alone in hating Kira btw. She was such a fucking hypocritical cunt for so many reasons.
I always hated her. They kind of addressed this in the doc, saying something like, "We could never do this [good guy terrorist] thing today because terrorism is a real thing now." Which is a very ignorant American thing to say. Terrorism was very real in the 90s too, and it was just as wrong to have a heroic terrorist character then as it would be now.
Kira was also a raging bitch. There was one early episode where O'Brien made a comment that implied all Bajoran women were bitches and it was kind of funny.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:56 pm

Yeah, Kira isn't exactly a good role model. Unless you want to be an antisocial cunt, I guess.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:51 am
Has anyone else seen the DS9 documentary What We Left Behind?
Jeebus, I think a more accurate title would've been "We're sorry this show came out before virtue signaling was a thing" :lol:

Also those ideas for a season 8 sound a lot like "Shit that would've never happened". Sure, religion has never really played a big role in the Federation, but suddenly claiming that all religion was banned sounds stupid, and you can probably find proof to the contrary.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:44 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:09 pm
I don't want them to go back to it though.
They already did. Section 31 is in Discovery, I think the mirror universe Asian chick runs it now
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:46 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:56 pm
You can probably find proof to the contrary.
There was that one episode where Kirk met a chick called Noel at a Christmas party
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.