Kojima the hack fraud

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Kojima the hack fraud

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:35 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:30 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:50 pm
I like dystopian futures where computers don't exist anymore more interesting anyway.
I find them less interesting, because post-apocalyptic, fallout/mad max wastelands have been done to death in popular media.
I was more thinking of stuff like Dune or Warhammer 40k where computers were eventually outlawed due to problems with AI and such.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:54 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:29 pm
Part of the problem with making cyberpunk in current year ++++ is the need to interject SJW shit into it. Cyberpunk was always gritty and grimy and didn't need more dangerhairs or femicunts. It always had poors in it and plenty of suffering. There was no need to shove in pet social issues from muh current twitter hashtags. Good cyberpunk could theoretically be made today, but they'd have to avoid shoving all that fringe political bullshit into it. Cyberpunk is about what makes us human, not what makes us gay, trans, female, black etc.
My hype for Cyberpunk 2077 was killed the moment they started pandering to degenerates with the whole gender slider crap. Who knows what other crap they will throw into the game.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:04 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:24 am
Cyberpunk is good when it's System Shock 2 levels of bleak. It's gay when cyberpunk is full of hipsters and not even that dark. Reminder that cyberpunk fiction is dystopian fiction with body horror elements. That's like, a definition of the genre, practically. Ever since Schismatrix and Neuromancer, it's been that way. The Schismatrix short story "Swarm" is practically a blueprint for System Shock 2's The Many.
Unfortunately, we're in Current Year. Cyberpunk these days is basically what steampunk has become, except everything has neon lights instead of pipes and gears.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:54 pm
My hype for Cyberpunk 2077 was killed the moment they started pandering to degenerates with the whole gender slider crap. Who knows what other crap they will throw into the game.
ShadowRun 6e is similarly pozzed.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:10 pm

From what I managed to gather (not really into cybershit RPGs, especially not ones with trolls and fucking elves), Shadowrun has basically been poorly-edited cancer since 5e. Being pozzed would just be the golden turd on top of the shit pile.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

GitGud
Quality Poster

Post by GitGud » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:01 pm

Thats why i still play 3.0 Shadowrun with tweeks..... Bought ,4.0 at start but the core rulebook wad trash.
I will return when i the times are dire.
"I had this nurse yesterday who was super careful giving me morphine and she sais "this could kill 4 of me lols"

That was fun.
-Auli

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Shadowrun Returns was full of woke SJW shit as well IIRC.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:16 pm

And the shitty editions incidentally came out after that. Coincidence?
GitGud wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:01 pm
Thats why i still play 3.0 Shadowrun with tweeks..... Bought ,4.0 at start but the core rulebook wad trash.
4e has a 20th Anniversary re-release. Dunno how much of an improvement that one is, though.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:37 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:16 pm
4e has a 20th Anniversary re-release. Dunno how much of an improvement that one is, though.
I remember it broke Drain and the Object Resistance table. Don't think it fixed anything really.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:54 pm

Of course JJ Abrams loves UPS simulator.

https://gamingbolt.com/hideo-kojima-is- ... -j-abrams/