Kojima the hack fraud

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Kojima the hack fraud

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:04 am

How about you get off twitter, get some sunllight, those dim lights in your mom's basement is fucking with you, and actually go live life

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:17 am

"... And influencing you to do the same for those who comes next."

Maybe work on your grammar before you try to sound deep, fam.
So it's boring and shitty. Ok.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:10 am

mad bum wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:10 am
The world needs more cyberpunk.
The world needs more near-future sci-fi. Cyberpunk is dead and gay.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:24 am

Cyberpunk is good when it's System Shock 2 levels of bleak. It's gay when cyberpunk is full of hipsters and not even that dark. Reminder that cyberpunk fiction is dystopian fiction with body horror elements. That's like, a definition of the genre, practically. Ever since Schismatrix and Neuromancer, it's been that way. The Schismatrix short story "Swarm" is practically a blueprint for System Shock 2's The Many.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:59 am

Notice how everything you're listing as good is long in the past. There will never be good cyberpunk again. Because it's dead. It was a product of it's time and that time has passed. And every attempt to revisit it turns out super gay.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:50 pm

I like dystopian futures where computers don't exist anymore more interesting anyway.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:28 pm

I want a future where women don't exist.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:43 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:58 am
Guest wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:33 pm
Kojima should just go back to making visual novels.
If only. Such a crap story would get shunned even in VNs. He's surpassed that. He can now write any dumb shit that makes no sense and not even have to back it up with gameplay anymore. I hate everything about it.
I actually like Death Stranding's stupid insane story. I just don't want to play a deliveryman simulator between cutscenes. Just give me a command prompt or a mouse pointer.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:29 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:59 am
Notice how everything you're listing as good is long in the past. There will never be good cyberpunk again. Because it's dead. It was a product of it's time and that time has passed. And every attempt to revisit it turns out super gay.
I won't argue that point. Schismatrix Plus, Neuromancer, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, Snow Crash, System Shock 2, Shadowrun, Rudy Rucker's Software, and some of the weird horror sci-fi shit from AE Van Vogt (Slan stands out) are pretty much all you need. It's the best of the lot. Add in Blade Runner if you like film noir or want to watch a movie rather than be a readfag.

Part of the problem with making cyberpunk in current year ++++ is the need to interject SJW shit into it. Cyberpunk was always gritty and grimy and didn't need more dangerhairs or femicunts. It always had poors in it and plenty of suffering. There was no need to shove in pet social issues from muh current twitter hashtags. Good cyberpunk could theoretically be made today, but they'd have to avoid shoving all that fringe political bullshit into it. Cyberpunk is about what makes us human, not what makes us gay, trans, female, black etc.

The video game Soma is alright I guess. The gamplay of Soma is shit but the story is pretty ok.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:30 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:50 pm
I like dystopian futures where computers don't exist anymore more interesting anyway.
I find them less interesting, because post-apocalyptic, fallout/mad max wastelands have been done to death in popular media.
RAPEMAN wrote: