Rick and Morty, SJW front

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Re: Rick and Morty, SJW front

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:54 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:31 am
I've been watching babylon 5 and kang of the hill because everything else on tv is too gay even for me.
Both fantastic choices, King of the Hill is amazing. Ask the average hyperactive retard and they’ll tell you it’s boring, but it’s a subtly funny and often surreal show with a lot of heart.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:54 am
Both fantastic choices, King of the Hill is amazing. Ask the average hyperactive retard and they’ll tell you it’s boring, but it’s a subtly funny and often surreal show with a lot of heart.
Hell, ask libshit spastics and they will claim it's a show making fun of rednecks because the show goes over their heads. Hank Hill is an unironic role model.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:12 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Hell, ask libshit spastics and they will claim it's a show making fun of rednecks because the show goes over their heads. Hank Hill is an unironic role model.
The older I get the more I relate to Hank Hill. Sure he’s a bit narrow minded at time but Mike Judge said the basis for the show and Hank was common sense, something shitlibs lack.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:42 pm

It's not about wanting to be Hank Hill. Nobody wants that. It's about Hank being a simple man trying his best and having clear moral values. He doesn't always succeed at everything but it's never for a lack of trying. He's a flawed character but you're rooting for him.
But I guess "nihilistic drunk fuck" is the more intellectual choice. :roll:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Agreed completely. Rick sucks, he’s an unlikable nihilistic sociopath. Early on they tried to give him some heart, but abandoned that for more derp appeal and whatnot.

It’s the same reason I’ll take Bob’s Burgers any day over something like Family Guy. They focus on being funny without going for edgelord offensiveness or political bullshit. It’s subdued humor, and it works.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:54 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:59 am
TL;DR Fuck this show, I’m gonna watch me some Kamen Rider Amazons.
Neat-o. Maybe one day you can drop that little "s" at the end and enjoy some true kino.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:18 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:54 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:59 am
TL;DR Fuck this show, I’m gonna watch me some Kamen Rider Amazons.
Neat-o. Maybe one day you can drop that little "s" at the end and enjoy some true kino.
Oh don’t worry, I know my og Amazon as well. I still need to finish W, gonna try Kuuga next I think or maybe Black.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Kuuga's pretty cool. First monster fight's kinda shit, though, but the rest is certainly worth it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:56 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:12 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Mike Judge has always been a cat hating conservative. He's just mature enough to poke fun at his own political views. He shortly made a show called the The Goode Family after KotH which made fun of progressives but was too on the nose for the time.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 pm
Agreed completely. Rick sucks, he’s an unlikable nihilistic sociopath. Early on they tried to give him some heart, but abandoned that for more derp appeal and whatnot.

It’s the same reason I’ll take Bob’s Burgers any day over something like Family Guy. They focus on being funny without going for edgelord offensiveness or political bullshit. It’s subdued humor, and it works.
I agree, but Toby Faire, Bob's Burgers did start out being kinda edgy with its bad flash animation, but luckily for that show it evolved into something more quirky I guess how you would describe it from the few episodes I've seen.
Same thing with Rick's character happened with Duckman, one of my personal favorite shows. He seemed to be caring but in terms of his personality, it went downhill. Except that show was actually good.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.