Brad Jones, The Cinema Snob

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about

Re: Brad Jones, The Cinema Snob

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:17 am

Man, Hart is crazy. I remember he went on and on about how the lead singer of My Chemical Romance (who wrote a comic for Hart's comic company as a teenager) ripped him off to make The Black Parade album. He never specified what was stolen from where or provided any kind of proof. And when the band broke up in 2013, he was all like "this year I got to kill a rock band" like his vague allegations carry any weight.

drisko

Post by drisko » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:42 am

AlexJowski wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:15 am
drisko wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:00 am
Jowski, why did you guys keep him around for so long?
Because he was a friend. WAS. Everyone has that friend that's an asshole and you make excuses about "They're not always like that," or "I know you don't get along." But those excuses only go so friend. It takes everyone a while to realize that a toxic friend is, really, incredibly toxic. I would tell him "Don't publish political stuff on the site. It alienates people." And then he would post political shit. I'd yell at him and he'd make a stupid excuse of "But I'm only making fun of Republicans. Republicans are just some tiny fringe group everybody hates." By then I'd quit Radiodrome because I was sick of his bullshit ranting every week and was just waiting for a last straw so I could be rid of him. Finally, he does all these interviews where he just bashes CA and is all "Geek Juice is better and will destroy CA, Doge Walker and all them are morons, etc." So I fired him, did damage control to establish that GJ was not better than CA and we were never at all in competition with them. Hadley then makes some statement that it was all a giant conspiracy by CA to make him unemployed, that Doge and Rob Walker had paid me off to fire Hadley. (To which Rob Walker asked Brad: "Who the fuck is Josh Hadley?")
Shit, didn't hear about that. I remember you guys talking about getting rid of him because he wouldn't stop insulting anyone who liked something he hated on GJR but I didn't know he thought the Walkers were out to get him. I knew he didn't like them because they're so amateurish, but I didn't know it went that deep.

When did the conspiracy stuff start?

AlexJowski

Post by AlexJowski » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:02 am

Started right when we fired him. Middle of 2014.

Vaporwear

Post by Vaporwear » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:12 am

AlexJowski wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:02 am
Started right when we fired him. Middle of 2014.
Tell us stories about Josh Hadley being a piece of shit.

AlexJowski

Post by AlexJowski » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:35 am

Vaporwear wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:12 am
Tell us stories about Josh Hadley being a piece of shit.
Here's some:
Oh, remember that public access show he did where Spoony guested, "It Came From Beyond Midnight?" Which was so bad that Spoony removed it from his site after so many negative comments? Josh is still salty and claiming that it was CA out to destroy him. Says he's still owed money by Spoony.

Shortly after Josh was fired from geekjuice he started a false gofundme to "Save My House" claiming that he was losing his house to foreclosure, etc. Then he kept adding to it, making up stories about his wife having inoperable cancer and things. A complete scam. Eventually it wasn't even "Save My House," it was just "Help me out.I made a parody gofundme of it to show what a scam it was, got yelled at by others because "He's losing his house and you're trolling him!" He scammed about $5k with that scheme. But right around then he got in trouble with the government for fraud- he'd lied about income for government assistance. He was convinced it was a follower of Brad's site that did that. "Remember like three years ago when that guy in the comments section said he was going to get me and I'd regret it! I think he's the one that did this to me!" He's spent several years promising to write a book that will "expose" all of the people at CA as evil fraudsters, that he's going to tell the world the truth about why he got fired from geekjuice, because Doge Walker paid me off. I've never met the Walkers or ever talked to them. He still hasn't published that book, probably never will. I guess he's not yet figured out that you can self-publish anything through Amazon for almost free? He can do that and sell maybe half as many copies as movieblob's SMB3 book. His whole history now is trying to make money with the same shit that never made money before. He blames everyone but himself for every misfortune in his life, and creates conspiracies that the government or other websites are out to get him.

PassTheRemote
Goon

Post by PassTheRemote » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:46 am

It Came From Beyond Midnight was awful. He wants to call CA amatuerish, wow, that is some pot kettle black action. That show he did had awful lighting, and was basically a b movie, where every 20 minutes or so, Hadley would talk to another host. I'm not sure how each of the two hosts could have less charisma than the other, but they did.

Also, Spoony got shit cause he broke the eps into 7 pieces and basically spammed his page with them. He was slowing down on his content, his fans saw thru the bullshit.

drisko

Post by drisko » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:06 am

AlexJowski wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:35 am
Shortly after Josh was fired from geekjuice he started a false gofundme to "Save My House" claiming that he was losing his house to foreclosure, etc. Then he kept adding to it, making up stories about his wife having inoperable cancer and things. A complete scam. Eventually it wasn't even "Save My House," it was just "Help me out.I made a parody gofundme of it to show what a scam it was, got yelled at by others because "He's losing his house and you're trolling him!" He scammed about $5k with that scheme.
I remember this, I actually felt bad for him because of it.

Christ he sounds like an even bigger piece of shit than I thought. I remember on old Radiodrome he would talk about all these stories he had written and how he would love to make a shitty low-budget movie. But he never did. He would have fit in well on CA, overly opinionated, head up his ass, and never actually accomplished anything of his own.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:34 pm

I remember him bitching about someone getting him fired from GeekJuice on facebook. Never knew it was the Walkers he was going on about just assumed it was aimed at one of you. That, him stealing your jokes and posting them on facebook and taking shots at you on WTF for not agreeing with his politics can't blame you for telling him to fuck off. Shame it probably won't be too long before Cecil does too and all his podcasts are just him and that british yes man.

AlexJowski

Post by AlexJowski » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:49 pm

The joke stealing and insults were why I left his dumb shows. He'd bring up some obscure and shitty movie I wasn't familiar with and then post on facebook: "Jowski didn't believe me about this movie. What an idiot!" To which I would have to explain that I just hadn't heard of every single shitty film ever made and that he was being an asshole. And he would, verbatim, post some joke I said. He still does that all the time, steals other people's jokes. What he does lately is post some racist or shitty comment with to context, and when people comment about the asshole post he says "It's a quote from (whatever obscure piece of shit). What an idiot!"

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:16 pm

I listened to Radiodrome when Brad was still on it and you could tell the other hosts were annoyed as shit with Josh. He'd get so fucking obnoxious and constantly interrupt and speak over everyone else, always to interject something far less interesting than what others were saying.

Was the reason Brad quit the show ever talked about here?
Is Spoony dead yet?