Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:02 pm
And here we go. The CW's "Walker" will have a liberal Walker returning home to Austin (not Dallas/Fort Worth, because of course) after being undercover for two years. He's divorced with two kids, gets a female partner, and must deal with his conservative family, because of course. It's Walker in name only, and the show runner is a woke woman.
I bet dozens of people will enjoy that show. Maybe even one or two more! Pre-ordering the season one four episodes BluRay right now!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:31 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:09 pm
Because like so many of these shows that they think they're going to do a reboot of, the appeal was the lead actor. Take Magnum PI. Tom Selleck is Magnum. You can't just get any old guy to play him. Tom Selleck is that character.
And yet, somehow, the reboot is still on the air.
I mean, fuck, the Hawaii Five-0 remake has somehow been on for 10(?!) seasons.
Guest wrote:
And here we go. The CW's "Walker" will have a liberal Walker returning home to Austin (not Dallas/Fort Worth, because of course) after being undercover for two years. He's divorced with two kids, gets a female partner, and must deal with his conservative family, because of course. It's Walker in name only, and the show runner is a woke woman.
You're way overcomplicating this.
The new Walker will be a Hispanic fighting evil white men while trying to deal with the stress of being a gay father. The 'woman' sidekick (who does most of the actual fighting and brilliant investigating) will be a tranny out for revenge against TERFs.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:34 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:31 am
Yeah and I can't explain that one. The family were really into it for a while, much like Modern Family, but I never saw it as anything other than complete shit, also much like Modern Family. I mean, if I had explain why Hawaii Five-0 has lasted so long I'd say because it's basically NCIS: Hawaii, because it sure as hell isn't Hawaii Five-O
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:46 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:34 am

Yeah and I can't explain that one. The family were really into it for a while, much like Modern Family, but I never saw it as anything other than complete shit, also much like Modern Family. I mean, if I had explain why Hawaii Five-0 has lasted so long I'd say because it's basically NCIS: Hawaii, because it sure as hell isn't Hawaii Five-O
It's like that Robin Williams joke about J.A.G.
Can you name a single person that watches it? Or talks about about any episode from it?
SpoilerShow
Only episode I remember was a gimmick where old Ed Asner basically played the same character from the original 40 years ago.
And just the ending, where he shot a dumb bitch for being stupid.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:02 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:46 am
It's like that Robin Williams joke about J.A.G.
Can you name a single person that watches it? Or talks about about any episode from it?
Relevant:

Shut up! My boy is trying to watch some J.A.G. in 'ere!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:52 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Guest wrote:
You're way overcomplicating this.
That's literally the description the studio put out. #WokeWalker is real.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:14 am

The 9-1-1 spinoff Lone Star is in a similar situation. Set in Austin, it features gay and transgender recurring characters. The only good news is Austin is an island afloat in a harsh desert landscape and is currently overrun by an army of homeless who use the river as their toilet.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:36 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:34 am
Tony Schiavone wrote:
We all know why it's still on air.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:58 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:36 am
We all know why it's still on air.
Knowing that would involve me actually watching it
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:15 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:10 pm
Anybody who likes fiction is a bugman.
Anyone who likes anything is a bugman. Existance itself is gay and blue pilled.