Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
ban

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by ban » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:13 pm
So the Blade of the Immortal reboot has started. I'm happy to have a new show to watch.
Some things that might annoy people:

There's a bilingual trigger warning at the beginning. First time I think I've seen a trigger warning in Japanese, video games excepted.

The opening song would have been alright except it's 90% in Engrish and thus cringy, or hilarious, depending on how you see things.

As you could have probably guessed, due to this show being on the globalist Amazon platform, The manji swastika on Manji's back is gone. Instead, there's a pseudo-swastika.

Kenjiro Tsuda plays Manji. This guy is in like every anime now and some people may be sick of him, but in my opinion he's one of the few under-50 male seiyu that don't sound like interchangeable Herbivore Men.
Eh, they also censored Neji's forehead manji to an X in the anime. They generally do not want that on tv but go to mangas and some vidya and you can spam that shit nilly willy. Kenjiro Tsuda being in everything now feels weird, the guy was very underrated for years and had a very distinct voice but his standout character was always Seto Kaiba instead of other great jerks he played afterwards.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:08 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:27 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:31 pm
Digital Dragon Ball has never appealed to me, even before Super.
GT is clearly hand painted
I was referring to pre-Battle of Gods animations I had watched like the Episode of Bardock OVA or the Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans remake.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:27 pm
*snip*
I feel like the characters have a weird blockiness to them. I don't know how to explain it.
All forms of Vagina in GT are terrible. SSJ4 Goku is fine but even SSJ4 Bajeena kinda stinks.
ban wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Eh, they also censored Neji's forehead manji to an X in the anime.
It was also changed into an X for the English language Shonen Jump magazine. I think it's in the proper localized tankoubans, making the magazine edits irrelevant.
I never read BOTM because I thought it was one of those hitatus mangoes that never ended and I didn't want to pick another one of those up after Berserk but now its been over for like four years.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:45 am

ban wrote:
Eh, they also censored Neji's forehead manji to an X in the anime. They generally do not want that on tv but go to mangas and some vidya and you can spam that shit nilly willy.
True, but that seems to be a recent thing. The previous anime was 2008 and they actually drew it:

The 2017 live action movie changed the 卍 to a 万.
I dunno, Manji's name literally means "swastika". Seems wrong without it. I wish people would get educated that Nazis didn't invent the swastika, they culturally appropriated it from Asia.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:35 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:45 am
I wish people would get educated that Nazis didn't invent the swastika, they culturally appropriated it from Asia.
>expecting Americans to get educated
>expecting people to stop screeching about our adversaries in a war fought eighty fucking years ago
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:27 am

Changing the Manji to appease SJWs is retarded. The comics clearly state that the manji is a symbol originating in Japan, I believe from buddhism, and that it's a GOOD LUCK charm. The nazis stole it and reversed it. As was said, Manji's NAME is fucking MANJI. That's like changing "Kill Bill" so the title reads "Say Hi to Bob" but leaving the villain's name as fucking BILL.

Goddamn. I hate this shit so much, because I actually love the blade of the immortal manga. It's not a fucking nazi symbol you pieces of shit! If we allow the nazis to "own" the manji (which is facing the entirely separate direction btw,) then we give them power over us even though they're fucking dead and they lost the war. Much better to affix a small explanation somewhere on the packaging and allow artists the creative freedom to depict japanese symbols being used by japanese characters.

Manji's name isn't actually Manji IIRC. That's the name he uses now. He came from a samurai family and, after being fucked over by some circumstances in life, he adopted that name. I can't recall what his original name was, and I don't think his family name is ever mentioned. It would have been the same as his sister's before her marriage. Regardless, the iconography of blade of the immortal is very much tied into its soul and lifeblood. This is a series that found its niche via its visuals. Its content has been found in many other manga, notably Lone Wolf and Cub and other Koike stories. But no other series LOOKS like blade of the immortal.

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ban

Post by ban » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:45 am
ban wrote:
Eh, they also censored Neji's forehead manji to an X in the anime. They generally do not want that on tv but go to mangas and some vidya and you can spam that shit nilly willy.
True, but that seems to be a recent thing.
Maybe for Blade of the Immortal but that was back in 2005 or some shit for Naruto. This thing has been around anime ever since the early 90s but never affected manga. I mean, Blade of the Immortal recently got a pseudo-sequel from a former assistant of the original creator, in order to tell a new short story and Manji has his manji. I dunno why they do that but for some reason, japanese soccer moms seem to get triggered when seeing the swastika on tv instead of the manji, because Ichigo and Bleach have been flaunting the 卍 symbol for years all over the place with no censor. It's probably because Manji's manji looks like this :

It happens, tv has a different set of rules compared to manga and vidya for a while now. You can't show vehicular murder on tv but you can show the most gruesome shit on manga paper without a peep. It's what it is, unfortunately.
He warned youShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:28 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:27 am
The comics clearly state that the manji is a symbol originating in Japan, I believe from buddhism, and that it's a GOOD LUCK charm. The nazis stole it and reversed it.
Eh, the sunwheel or swastika is a symbol that's old as dirt and has been around in some shape or form forever among many different cultures. Not surprising as it's a very simple symbol. It's not from Japan, though. It's, in that form, from Buddhism and is even their official symbol. Independently from that one the sunwheel in many different shapes was used by Celts and all kinds of vikings and such.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:49 pm

It goes as far back as Trojans and assyrians IIRC, in whatever ways. The manji 卍 is specifically from buddhism.

It kinda looks close to the trojan one doesn't it? It's probably because we appropriated it since our swastikas looked like ass :

Fun fact, the ancient greek swastika was used to reference something foreign, alien or even barbaric, like the hippogryf of the picture where in our myths, came from Persia since we had a knack of depicting Persians as evil mad scientists that would create awful abominations via animal eugenics. Don't ask me why that is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh but the irony doesn't end there. Look at what the swastika the Golden Dawn uses :

Well, shit, the irony is palpable : the Neo Nazi party using the symbol for foreign, alien and barbaric subjects, when their top brash is the equivalent of the Greek Creatura(a being made of greek, albanian, arbanite and perhaps even turkish mix) with most of its subjects being either former greek-turkish descendants from the territory days called "squires" by their turkish masters that also inflitrated the military during the junta. So the foreign, alien and barbaric elements carry the symbol as their pride for their "nation". :lol:
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:01 pm

They're totally using it "ironically".
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:27 am
Changing the Manji to appease SJWs is retarded. The comics clearly state that the manji is a symbol originating in Japan, I believe from buddhism, and that it's a GOOD LUCK charm. The nazis stole it and reversed it. As was said, Manji's NAME is fucking MANJI. That's like changing "Kill Bill" so the title reads "Say Hi to Bob" but leaving the villain's name as fucking BILL.

Goddamn. I hate this shit so much, because I actually love the blade of the immortal manga. It's not a fucking nazi symbol you pieces of shit! If we allow the nazis to "own" the manji (which is facing the entirely separate direction btw,) then we give them power over us even though they're fucking dead and they lost the war. Much better to affix a small explanation somewhere on the packaging and allow artists the creative freedom to depict japanese symbols being used by japanese characters.
And none of that shit matters in Krautland. We own that symbol now.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:08 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:01 pm
They're totally using it "ironically".
They believe they are pure blooded greeks and they are cleansing the streets, so you can judge. :lol:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:01 pm
And none of that shit matters in Krautland. We own that symbol now.
How evil!
He warned youShow