Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
ban

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by ban » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:15 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:45 pm
Mahvel bugmen are just the more visible and annoying of the bunch, because their "cinematic universe" is now "the modern mythos" (apud Word Class Bugmen on YouTube). But certainly there are other types of insectoid NPCs, like fans of Sherlock, fans of Doctor Who, people who watch Transformer movies, etc.
Those are among the most autistic fuckers out there that I have seen. I was listening to them while making my library and dusting the books and bookshelves this summer if only to stay sharp, fast and swift out of pure anger of what I was hearing. You just can't make up half the shit delusions they were having. It'd be one thing for them to bitch that Disney ws burying their favourite franchise but some of the shit about the impact of Star Wars and such really fucking angered, it was borderline like the pitch for a cult.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:30 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:22 pm
Did any of these reboots to semi-forgotten live-action shows from 20+ years ago ever have any lasting success?
NuMacguyver and Mexican P.I. are still on, but I never hear anyone talking about them.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:47 pm

MacGyver doesn't exist without Anderson. And Texas Ranger won't without Chuck.
Oh they can make them and run them as long as they like, but they can't really erase history for good
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:06 pm

Rushy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:47 pm
And aren't you like 21 or something? Sure shatters the retarded argument that these shows need to be remade for a new generation because they won't appreciate the dated originals.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:29 pm

Walker is the perfect show. Dramatic and cheesy like a soap opera, but with lots of action and fighting and Texas locations. I visited Fort Worth a couple of years ago and stayed down the street from the courthouse that served as ranger headquarters on the show. Won't be able to do that when it's filmed in Canada and LA.

In the eyes of a ranger
The unsuspecting stranger
Had better know the truth
Of wrong and right....

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:37 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:06 pm
Rushy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:47 pm
And aren't you like 21 or something? Sure shatters the retarded argument that these shows need to be remade for a new generation because they won't appreciate the dated originals.
Whilst there are people like that out there, it's a bullshit argument. Youngsters who don't want to see old movies won't be compelled to just because they liked the remake. They'll either think it was worth remaking when it's good or lose interest in it entirely when it's bad.

And now in the 21st century, even the oldest movies are just a click away so it's not like shit needs to be made more accessible.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:05 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:29 pm
Walker is the perfect show. Dramatic and cheesy like a soap opera, but with lots of action and fighting and Texas locations. I visited Fort Worth a couple of years ago and stayed down the street from the courthouse that served as ranger headquarters on the show. Won't be able to do that when it's filmed in Cucknadia and LA.
If they film in LA, Walker will have to tell people they have AIDS much more frequently.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:22 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:06 pm
The notion that movies or shows need to be "updated" to some Current Year Zeitgeist is bullshit used to scam people, always coming down with hack writers and producers wanting to cash in on some blast from the past.
A similar thing also happens with theaters, were some batshit hack writers rape the shit out of classic plays.
Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:30 pm
NuMacguyver and Mexican P.I. are still on, but I never hear anyone talking about them.
That's how I see it as well. There's some initial buzz because of "OMG they're rebooting X!", but then... nothing. Not even a fraction of the meme status that Gay of Drones (or even the original show) got.
Rushy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:44 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:28 pm
Every IP publicity is good IP publicity. So yeah.
Seems like nobody gave two shits about Rob Zombie doing a 3rd movie about his TCM ripoff.
It's because he didn't make it a reboot, silly.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:07 pm

Nobody watched that Ford Mustang commercial they pretended was a Nightrider re-boot. Not even here in Hoffland.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:11 pm

ban wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:35 pm
When Kugel constantly berates the Marlel morons and calls them bugmen, he isn't exactly wrong, he's just limiting his scope.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:45 pm
Mahvel bugmen are just the more visible and annoying of the bunch
I'd sit here for hours if I were to try and list them all. Everybody knows the Marlel fuckwads so they serve as the prime example.
mad bum wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:32 pm
Good ole Wokeowski "brothers"
Might be the first time the directors had to give somebody a role to suck their dick instead of the other way around. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!